Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Clean Wheel Nut and Cavity Cleaner:

eShine Canada: Clean Wheel Nut and Cavity Cleaner

Every once in a while a product comes out that isn’t expensive, complex, or technical but it makes your life just a little easier by simplifying a task; for me this is one of those items. In the past I have used Q-Tips, foam-on-a-stick, small BHB`s, etc. but for the recessed cavity around some lug nuts this is just the ticket.

When I was browsing for products at eShine a while back the Clean Wheel Nut and Cavity Cleaner caught my eye. I’ve seen the Carrand Lug Nut Brush but it has a wire construction that could scratch if not used carefully. I wasn’t going to pay shipping from Canada on just the lug nut cleaner so I waited until I ordered some Victoria Concours Red Carnauba Wax and some of his new APC and tossed a couple of these in my cybernet shopping basket.

The concept is fairly simple and it only has two parts: the polypropylene plastic handle and the replaceable cleaning sponge. They say it fits 1 3/8†to 2†cavities and †to 13/16†wheel nuts, has a 2 year manufacturer’s warranty, is made in Canada, and comes with one replaceable sponge.

So far I’ve used it on three wheel styles and it has worked like a champ each time. When I bought mine they were only available from eShine but if you do a Google search you can find some are now being sold here in the states.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought the Carrand lug nut brush. But a plastic cleaner obviously sounds

better. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a neat product. Does the sponge/foam seem like it will hold up for multiple uses?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have this too. Works great for any car out there. The foam feels like it`ll last forever and besides, there is an extra for when it dies out but it seems very solid

You guys can get this at any Harbor Freight by the way

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eyezack87
    .......You guys can get this at any Harbor Freight by the way
    Thanks for that tip! I was looking everywhere for these a couple of months ago except Harbor Freight
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    I got mine at HF. Guess I have to use it one of these days
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    how would this compare to using a Lake Country Foam Stick? that`s what i generally use to clean in and around lugs...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    how would this compare to using a Lake Country Foam Stick? that`s what i generally use to clean in and around lugs...
    I also have some of the LC foam sticks and I think this is a lot faster and easier. I also think this foam feels better (slightly softer) than the LC sticks.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Eliot Ness- Thanks for bringing this to our attention (saw it on the other thread and it piqued my interest). Sounds better than swabs...and *maybe* better than my current cylindrical BHB :think:

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review, John. I`m going to have to buy one of these.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review! I`ll be going by Harbor Freight tomorrow or Friday

Post Thanks / Like
    Hehe, while you`re at HF, you can pick up some Collinite. I actually picked up this lug nut brush back in March or so. It works pretty well when you have the right lug nut size. Otherwise, the center piece gets pushed in in the center and doesn`t really clean around the lug nut.
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Just one more reason to go to HF...

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought one of these a few weeks back and have used it a couple times. It`s decent but not the answer IMHO. There`s gotta be something better...

I had the same problem as mentioned before with the foam being pushed back into the plastic and not going deep around the lugs. You end up with dust abut 1/2 way back into the lug well. It does do a great job where it can reach though.

Funny when I bought it I was somewhat ashamed for buying such a gimmicky thing....I think it was $4 at HF?
    Abralon Surfaced-Makita Powered-Club Flex Finished

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ABQDetailer
    I bought one of these a few weeks back and have used it a couple times. It`s decent but not the answer IMHO. There`s gotta be something better...

I had the same problem as mentioned before with the foam being pushed back into the plastic and not going deep around the lugs. You end up with dust abut 1/2 way back into the lug well. It does do a great job where it can reach though.

Funny when I bought it I was somewhat ashamed for buying such a gimmicky thing....I think it was $4 at HF?

i`ve had good luck using these (Lake Country foam on a stick below) in and around the lug nuts. oh yeah, do not ever buy the Edge detailing sticks, they are cheaply made and fall apart. one of the worst $5 i`ve ever spent, never again ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information