Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like
    jdoria - you bring up some good points about the whole certification IT world. Certifications are one thing, real world, hands-on experience is another. The certifications will get the interview but then you have to start answering real questions during the interview that will determine if you get the job or not.

I should have my MCSA/MCSE and a slew of ComTIA certs within the year...time will tell what that will do for me.
    -Jordan

Over the Top Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Yo Jakerooni,

Wow, your posts are often quite negative. My momma did not raise a dummy, I can see the dates, comments still as relevant as today.

Professional Detailers are most often very poor business people, so I am not surprised many do not see the value.

-jim

Post Thanks / Like
    My post are not negitive they are very blunt and to the point. (goes with being where I`m from I`m told) I don`t single out and down people but I don`t sugercoat obvious questions.I won`t put a nice spin on it just to save someone`s feelings. I don`t get why people say I`m negitive. I`m actually one of the nicer and more helpful people you`d ever meet IRL. I don`t think most people would do very well in Flint. It`s not negitive to be blunt and to the point. I`ve never understood the whole "Be nice for the sake of being nice" routine. Seems like such a waste of time to me. If it calls for a nice response so be it. If something so stupidly obvious needs pointed out well... I have a loud mouth I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakerooni
    My post are not negitive they are very blunt and to the point. (goes with being where I`m from I`m told)

I think antagonistic, confrontational, or disparaging would be a better way to describe most of your responses that I`ve read.

I don`t single out and down people...

You don`t? Wouldn`t the response "Why did this get brought up after 5 years??? Do people not even look at dates anymore?" be singling out the person who revived the thread and presuming they`ve done so unwittingly? How about the quote below regarding all the people who have joined associations and paid to do so who are also apparently retarded? How is that not "singling out" or "downing people"? If you want to be taken seriously, you need to cut out the disparaging remarks.

There are associations out there that require ZERO cash involvement from it`s members. (as it should be) To pay someone is like the blind leading the deaf. Retarded and pointless. I mean seriously how is paying them going to help you or your business out?? It simply won`t

... I don`t sugercoat obvious questions.I won`t put a nice spin on it just to save someone`s feelings. I don`t get why people say I`m negitive... ... It`s not negitive to be blunt and to the point. I`ve never understood the whole "Be nice for the sake of being nice" routine. Seems like such a waste of time to me. If it calls for a nice response so be it.

I wholeheartedly believe that you`re being sincere in the quote above and that you don`t get it. The art of conversation can be tricky and many people who don`t give their wording careful consideration can easily find themselves coming off as rude or disdainful. However, I think this is more of a case of being just outright insulting. Maybe the fact that you`re getting this feedback from multiple sources is an indication that maybe, MAYBE, you should look into taking a different approach to your responses.

If something so stupidly obvious needs pointed out well... I have a loud mouth I guess.
    I sometimes can`t help but point out the "stupidly obvious" either.
    ~Brett

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Relaited

Professional Detailers are most often very poor business people, so I am not surprised many do not see the value.

-jim

So far, there has been no value that I can perceive from any of the detailing associations that have quickly come and gone.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone has an expectation that for $50 you would get this whole big bunch of value ... I suggest one stop sniffing the carnauba.

Specifically, in the beginning, one should ask … what can I do for the Association?

Otherwise, point made ... industry is a bunch of technicians, lacking in appropriate business skills.

Honestly, I question the viability of a Detailing Association ... not because of the Association, but because of the industry

IMHO

-jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Relaited
    If anyone has an expectation that for $50 you would get this whole big bunch of value ... I suggest one stop sniffing the carnauba.

Specifically, in the beginning, one should ask … what can I do for the Association?

Otherwise, point made ... industry is a bunch of technicians, lacking in appropriate business skills.

Honestly, I question the viability of a Detailing Association ... not because of the Association, but because of the industry

IMHO

-jim

I was a member of the PDA in the mid 90s. All my money got me was a news letter about stuff I should already know. Nothing about group insurance or any real certification ever materialized.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    How about if DavidB started charging for membership here?!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information