Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Josh

I hope you give it a try,seeing that you do a lot of vettes, the polished wheels are simply amazing with this stuff.
    At Your Service

Yvan

Post Thanks / Like
    products sounds nice, my ? is there claiming 2-3 years protection has this been tested and document for that long?
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by reparebrise
    Josh

I hope you give it a try,seeing that you do a lot of vettes, the polished wheels are simply amazing with this stuff.

I would like to try it out, but I never test or use anything on my clients cars before I`ve used it on my own personal cars.

If I can get even 12 months out of it and it was easy to apply/remove then I`d probably toss my other stuff and switch over.

If it does get that 12+ months protection but is very difficult to use then I`d probably limit it to my full correction jobs only.

Sorry just thinking out loud.

Are you guys doing any samples or such? I could probably get some from Scottwax if he has any? Just let me know. PM me if need be.

Josh
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    I had applied some to the hood of my Toyota and I did a Z06 vette today. I can`t say anything about durability but it is super slick and velvety soft feeling.Very very nice shine as well.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump. Anymore news??

Post Thanks / Like
    End of the day, contaminants will still bond to the surface this product is applied. And, why would I want to have a client back off and have me service their car only once evey few yeas. Long-lasting claims have been made over and again. I really doubt this will be any different!!

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m willing to give Dave the benefit of the doubt. I`ve spoken with him on the phone a few times and he really knows his stuff.

I do autobody work and painting however, and am leary of coating any panel with some type of paint protection which cannot be removed using the normal and approved methods.

Hopefully once the product come to the market they will have on the container the means of taking it off the paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is easy to remove, it needs abrasion, solvents do not touch it once cured, but a good heavy compound or 2000 grit sandpaper, and it`s gone.
    At Your Service

Yvan

Post Thanks / Like
    Will it bond over wax?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Got More Wax
    End of the day, contaminants will still bond to the surface this product is applied. And, why would I want to have a client back off and have me service their car only once evey few yeas. Long-lasting claims have been made over and again. I really doubt this will be any different!!

Andy

This is incorrect thinking. We have it on dozens of our client cars and we still care for them on a weekly/monthly basis.

Think of it in terms of a polymer sealant/wax in that it has those characteristics but with extended durability. It should make your job, as the detailer, easier in the maintenance department.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Will it bond over wax?

David, it needs a fresh clean surface to properly bond. It can though be lightly polished and waxed once bonded....about 48 hours later to be sure.

I had to level out some areas on a car we recently did and Optimum polish with the flex didn`t touch the areas I did. I had to work the area a good while to level it out then re-apply.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    So, if you polished with say a Menzerna or Meg`s product and didn`t do a IA wipedown, it wouldn`t fully bond right?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s as close to clear coat paint as you may get without it being actual paint.....so while it can be applied over a freshly polished surface you may not get optimal results with it in terms of looks and durability.

We always do a straight IP wipe down prior to application and we have next to zero streaking now but then again we have our application process down pretty good now. Spraying both Opti-Seal and Opti-Coat are the ideal methods of application.

Anthony

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information