Best Leather Treatment?

Printable View

• 07-15-2004, 10:34 PM
    soog
    Best Leather Treatment?
    I did a few searches for this already, but every thread I found were generally prodect specific.

I would do a poll, but I dont know enough about the products availible.

What are your personal favorites as far as leather cleaning and treatment goes?
  • 07-15-2004, 10:36 PM
    Ferrarislave
    For cleaning if the leather is soiled I use APC+ 13:1 and scrub then let dry and condition with Meguiars Detailer leather cleaner and conditioner. Some people use TOL deep down for cleaning leather and then condition with 4* leather conditioner. I find that when using my combo the leather looks great afterwards.
  • 07-15-2004, 10:36 PM
    awd330
    My favorite dressings are 4* Ultimate Leather Conditioner and Poorboy`s Natural Look with Lexol coming in a distant third.
  • 07-15-2004, 10:49 PM
    CharlesW
    Not a professional, but I have had awfully good results with a Woolite and water mixture of 6:1 for cleaning.
    Scottwax uses it on some really high dollar cars with no problem so I thought it would be good enough for my Pontiac.

For conditioner, I use 4 Star. Seems to work good and the leather smell is great. Just enough scent to smell like leather, but not be overpowering.

Aside to Dwayne. If you put out some small samples of your leather conditioner, you could probably double your sales of it.

Charles
  • 07-15-2004, 11:17 PM
    groebuck
    4* Ulitmate Leather Cleaner and 4* Leather conditioner are an awesome combo!!!!
  • 07-16-2004, 05:24 AM
    kimwallace
    :yeah
    That stuff really works!!
  • 07-16-2004, 05:30 AM
    The Chee
    Quote:

Originally posted by groebuck
    4* Ulitmate Leather Cleaner and 4* Leather conditioner are an awesome combo!!!!
    I`m using both of these too :)
  • 07-16-2004, 08:21 AM
    groebuck
    The cleaner gel is amazing - if you use a white MF you can literally see what comes off your leather - mine is black so you can`t see that it`s dirty but man - the gel tells all! and the conditioner - it puts in that leather smell - not that "fake" leather smell but the smell you got the day you first opened the door to your new car and went --ahhhhhh leather.
  • 07-16-2004, 08:35 AM
    AutopiaAdmin
    I have used numerous leather care products but the Four Star Leather Care twins are my favorite year after year.

Happy Detailing,

Dwayne
  • 07-16-2004, 08:42 AM
    Gary Jones
    I have also used a lot of leather care products and the 4* twins are my favorite`s as well.

Gary
  • 07-16-2004, 09:19 AM
    soog
    well looks like 4* is the winner, hands down
  • 07-16-2004, 09:34 AM
    gnev8
    Some have said Griot`s makes the best leather products (although I have never used them). Has anyone compared 4* to Griot`s directly?
  • 07-16-2004, 10:23 AM
    brwill2004
    Leatherique makes some awfully good stuff, however, it is really expensive. It is a combination of nourishing oil that you put on first, followed by a cleaner that you use after the oil has penetrated the leather. This stuff smells exactly like leather smells, and leaves if very soft. It is a restoration product, but can be used as a detailer or maintenance product.
  • 07-16-2004, 10:46 AM
    JeffBruce
    I use APC plus diluted, then

4 * products, I also have the Leather air freshner and spray it , customers love that leather smell
    Cleaner and Conditioner

http://store.premiumautocare.net/fostulleco.html
    http://store.premiumautocare.net/fostulleclge.html
    http://store.premiumautocare.net/fostleairfr.html
  • 07-16-2004, 12:57 PM
    rhillstr
    leatherique is not just for restoration but is designed for regular cleaning and conditioning as well. It REALLLY softens up the leather and after applying the conditioner the dirt literally lifts up off the leather to be wiped away (you`re supposed to follow with the cleaner to enhance this cleaning).