Edge 2000 pads on PC??

Printable View

  • 04-03-2004, 10:33 AM
    JimS
    Edge 2000 pads on PC??
    I want to use the new Edge 2000 quick change pads on my PC.

    Any reason why I can`t/shouldn`t?
  • 04-03-2004, 11:15 AM
    tpgsr
    Reason why you cant: The quick change shaft is designed to be screwed on to the threaded drive of a rotary. The rotary is 3x as large as the PC, so it wont fit properly. If you really really wanted to do it, i am sure that you could either fabricate something, or get ahold of the company Dedication to Detail, and see if they have a solution already created.

    This is just my observation i could be wrong
  • 04-03-2004, 11:21 AM
    awd330
    I`ve seen an adapter on the Detailers Paradise website which is used for converting a dual action polisher`s connection to a rotary sized connection. Not sure if it will work in conjunction with the Edge 2000 quick connect feature. :dunno

    Rotary to DA adapter
  • 04-03-2004, 12:43 PM
    Aaron@IAP
    Dear DC Detailers!
    Ask and want no more!!!!! Within one month Dedication To Detail, Inc makers of The Edge, The Edge2000 and The Edge DA will launch the NEW EDGE2000 DA double sided, snap on, NO BACKING PLATE DA pads for the PC!!!!!!!! We are almost done our testing and the results are PHENOMONAL!! With no Velcro you will never worry about the delaminating issue ever again!!!!!!!!!!!! And because they are double sided you will never worry about hitting any dangerous backing plate on your delicate paint!!! We will also have COMBO DA pads available so you can have both your buffing and polishing pad in one pad!!!!!!!! Please be patient we want to launch the best products in the WORLD for you but that requires many hours of R&D and field testing, but we are very CLOSE NOW!!!!!!!!!! Spread the good word!!

    Aaron Krause (President & CEO)
    777 Henderson Blvd.
    Suites # 1 & 2
    Folcroft, PA 19032
    ---------------------------------------
    ƒv Phone: (610) 583-4883
    ƒ Fax: (610) 583-4885
    ƒx Email: aaron@dedicationtodetail.com
    Website: www.edgepads.com
  • 04-03-2004, 01:18 PM
    nthngd2say
    I really like the edge pads I am using now....can`t wait to try the new product :D
  • 04-03-2004, 01:28 PM
    JimS
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by The Edge
    [B]Dear DC Detailers!
    Ask and want no more!!!!! Within one month Dedication To Detail, Inc makers of The Edge, The Edge2000 and The Edge DA will launch the NEW EDGE2000 DA double sided, snap on, NO BACKING PLATE DA pads for the PC!!!!!!!! We are almost done our testing and the results are PHENOMONAL!! With no Velcro you will never worry about the delaminating issue ever again!!!!!!!!!!!! And because they are double sided you will never worry about hitting any dangerous backing plate on your delicate paint!!! We will also have COMBO DA pads available so you can have both your buffing and polishing pad in one pad!!!!!!!! Please be patient we want to launch the best products in the WORLD for you but that requires many hours of R&D and field testing, but we are very CLOSE NOW!!!!!!!!!! Spread the good word!!


    I just got 5 of your 2000 pads. Do you have an adapter that enables me to use them on my PC?

    Judging from you post it sounds like the new product will not be interchangeable from rotary to PC. Is that correct?

    Edit: I just went to Detailers Paradise and bought the adapter that enables rotary pads to be used on a PC. Now I`m set!!

    Well.... maybe I`m not totally set. I still think that Makita 6040 is kinda cool! Not as powerful as a rotary but it sounds like it is significantly more powerful than a PC. That should do about everything I want. I might have to try it. Lots of money though. $250 ain`t peanuts to this kid. It`ll have to wait for a highly impulsive day.
  • 04-03-2004, 01:36 PM
    Aaron@IAP
    Dear Jim,
    If you want to use The Edge2000 rotary pads on the pc all you will need is the adapter found here

    http://www.detailersparadise.com/_Sy...ubCat=&TabOn=3

    We will be making a 6 inch version with a different foam which will be specially formulated to work with the DA. That is not to say the 8 inch rotary Edge2000 pads won`t work fine. They will, its just that with a much smaller diameter which is what people want (6 inch) we need to have a more dense foam. Good luck !! and enjoy the new system

    Aaron
  • 04-03-2004, 01:39 PM
    JimS
    Quote:

    Originally posted by awd330
    I`ve seen an adapter on the Detailers Paradise website which is used for converting a dual action polisher`s connection to a rotary sized connection. Not sure if it will work in conjunction with the Edge 2000 quick connect feature. :dunno

    Rotary to DA adapter

    Went there. Saw it. Bought it. Thanks!! :D
  • 04-03-2004, 01:45 PM
    JimS
    Quote:

    Originally posted by The Edge
    Dear Jim,
    If you want to use The Edge2000 rotary pads on the pc all you will need is the adapter found here

    http://www.detailersparadise.com/_Sy...ubCat=&TabOn=3

    We will be making a 6 inch version with a different foam which will be specially formulated to work with the DA. That is not to say the 8 inch rotary Edge2000 pads won`t work fine. They will, its just that with a much smaller diameter which is what people want (6 inch) we need to have a more dense foam. Good luck !! and enjoy the new system

    Aaron

    \

    DAMM...YOU BE QUICK!!!!!

    Thanks for the very quick, clear and helpful responses. I think I`m going to have to be putting you in the same catagory as Steve and Ranney and Dwayne...i.e. good guys, with good products with great service...buy from guys instead of companies!!.

    By the way.....

    The Edge 2000 system and pads worked just great on my rotary and the quick change feature is the nuts. That`s why I posted here about them fitting on the PC. I love it.

    The pads worked just like all the well known products. Of course I can`t speak to longevity etc but with the quick change 2000 system feature and the double sided pads are really great!! Everyone should want them.....especially for the PC!!

    Prepare to be a wealthy man Aaron :D ;)
  • 04-03-2004, 06:38 PM
    Nickc0844
    Aaron, I think I just wet my pants.......THANKS FOR LISTENING TO US!! You have a fine company going for you! :bigups