Post Thanks / Like

MY poorboys wheel sealant test on polished aluminum wheels **NO CLEAR COAT**

Well here is a pic of the wheel cleaned but I havent polished it since the day i put them on new over 4 months ago.

front

rear

Next I used a loose buffing wheel and a couple different buffign attatchments on a power drill with Heavy Metal Polish ULTRA FINE blue.

this is the outcome, They still Lack in the NEW mirror like finish which I am not sure if its too much polishing or not an agressive enough polish. They look a little milky still and Hevy Metal says I should step down to the Medium Cut green formula to get this out then go back to the blue to finish it up. Others have said use white rouge or Mothers billet to make them shine like new again ( the clarity miror finish is what im looking for ) Anyone have any recomendations ? Is the milky finish from too much polishing ? or not enough ?

But anyhow heres afterwards

Front

Rear

Here is after one coat of Poorboys wheel sealant, I used the apply and let haze method for all wheels only because by the time i got the whole wheel done it had already hazed up, so I jsut left it and went to the next wheel. I did not expect any increased shine or clarity to the wheel as the sealant is just a sealant and you cant polish aluminum with it.

So far after 15 miles of driving the wheels still look clean, I also drove in the rain tonight but it was dark so I wont know until tomorrow how they held up. I will add to this when I wash my car next to let you all know how the stuff works.

As far as application method I just used a foam wax applicator ( i have a ton of them cuz i usually throw them away after use). It was easy to apply and easy to wipe off and I think has a slight cleaning action as the pad got a little dirty even on rims taht were washed, then polished, then washed, then dried with a MF towel. I doubt any DIRT was left on the surface that could just be picked up easy. But that is my "assumption," I do not know the properties of the Poorboys wheel sealant in any way. I am only testing.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MY poorboys wheel sealant test on polished aluminum wheels **NO CLEAR COAT**

wow so many views but no comments

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MY poorboys wheel sealant test on polished aluminum wheels **NO CLEAR COAT**

Looks like you did a great job of cleaning them!

I am curious about this product and am looking forward to your updates on it.
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info and your interesting results. Do you think the wheel sealant filled mirco scratches or causes the surface to reflect differently?

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?
    Done, or Done right? You decide.
    Score early, Score often.
    You can not win from the penalty box.
    You can not score from the penalty box.

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of car is that to require 275 front and 315 rear tires?
    2004 Solara SLE V6 - Lunar Mist/Dark Stone

Your eyes expand up to 45% when looking at something pleasing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edschwab1
    Thanks for the info and your interesting results. Do you think the wheel sealant filled mirco scratches or causes the surface to reflect differently?

Eric
    No, I noticed no difference in shine or clarity with the sealant. Only thing I noticed was the MF towel ran accross the surface with little to no drag just like on a car with a fresh coat of wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TW85
    What kind of car is that to require 275 front and 315 rear tires?
    My 383 stroker 97 trans am

www.tripintaz.com

Post Thanks / Like

looks good is this a wheel wax/sealant or a wheel polish?

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

it`s a sealant with minor cleaning ability ....early results from the past two month have been very good...it`s been tested on coated wheels, uncoated wheels and plastic hub caps ...durabilty is looking good and the abilty to make clean up super easy has been consistant so far, even on BMW`s.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE

Well I drove the car once, about 5 miles after applying the wheel sealant. Then for the past 40 days my car has been sitting in the carport not driven at all. I havent washed the car either, just hosed it off a few times.

Well I decided to wipe down the wheels to see how they looked and unfortunatly there are water marks on the rims. at first i thought i could get them out with some elbow grease but that didnt work. So I have to polish the wheels again Not sure if poorboys was meant to stand up to this amount of time or not.

But my review ends in the wheel sealant didnt protect my wheels.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

where did the water spots come from? hard water just sitting and drying by air or in the sun without normal cleaning will eat through anything....you`re only leaving a small layer of protection....what we wanted to see from your uncoated wheels was how it resisted break dust under high temp. driving and breaking.
    When you get it moving again, I`d like to see you try it again
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

i will, car is getting its new Art Carr Race 4L80e transmission. It iwll be back up in the begining of january and I will try again.

Thread Information