Seeking the perfect shine C_Rock77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Question about Poorboy`s S&W

Ok.....I haven`t yet tried this product, but I have some on the way.

My question is this: Where does S&W fall in your arsenal?

I`m familiar with QD.....and from what I understand, S&W is somewhat of a "QD on Steroids." I understand that S&W has considerably more cleaning power than QD.

As far as QD, Washing, and S&W; I understand that S&W falls between QD and Washing.....

I guess my question within this question is: How dirty is TOO dirty for S&W? I know that S&W is still no replacement for washing. But where do it`s abilities fall short?

2002 Chevrolet Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question about Poorboy`s S&W

The most I`ve used it on is after a "LIGHT" rain. Light enough, that there was no splashing from the road. If there was splashing from the road or the rain was coming down hard, I personally would not use it.

Post Thanks / Like

I go a little further than 91LSman. I`ll wash a car with it. I don`t go mudding or anything but regular road dirt and pollen don`t concern me even after a heavy rain.

However, it`s important to have a supply of clean MFs available if the car is dirty. If I see anything on MF, I switch to a new one. That`s my rule for working with S&W.
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve only used it once after a few days of raining, works mighty well.
    2000 Ford Explorer XLT
    Alpine CDM-9803/Alpine MRP-F306/Crossfire TEK 35.2/Stock Speakers/JL Audio 10W3D2
    MODS: 31" BFG AT/KO

Post Thanks / Like

Chickens :lol

I use it all the time - it is not a QD at all as it does not leave anything behind. S&W will capture the dirt and lift it from the surface, then the mf comes along and wipes it off. Use it s p a r i n g l y. A little goes a long way. Don`t use it if you have big hunks of mud hanging off your car, but I use it regulary between washings the follow up with a good QD.
    You have activated my special ability....

2002 Chevrolet Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by groebuck
    Chickens :lol
    Yes I am. I think the clear coat on my Legend is actually butter!! LOL I already feel like I need to SSR2.5 again!!

I love silicone !! Hawaiianelement's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just started using this product . I guess its considered a waterless carwash right? am I wrong because I`ve never used a WC before. It saved alot of time on a job today when the car was relatively clean but needed a polish and sealant . Since I was going to be using 2.5 I wasn`t worried about any marring or fine scratches. Am I right ? or am I misinformed? ..aloha
    04 Honda Element-Mobile Detailing
    02 BMW 325Ci Tit. Slvr. Sprt,Prem.
    05 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Red Magma

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiianelement
    I just started using this product . I guess its considered a waterless carwash right? am I wrong because I`ve never used a WC before. It saved alot of time on a job today when the car was relatively clean but needed a polish and sealant . Since I was going to be using 2.5 I wasn`t worried about any marring or fine scratches. Am I right ? or am I misinformed? ..aloha

you are right on the money..give the man a cigar

it is such a valuable and time saving tool for a detailer before a detailing ...there`s no set up time, there`s no dripping from jams and crevices, and even if the car was filthy, the worst you would end up with is a couple extra dirty mf towels. If you weren`t real careful, then you could induce some minor micro-marring, but since you will be polishing, all of those will come right out.
    For the mobile detailer, Spray and Wipe , as some have already discovered, is an unrepalceble part of their arsenal
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Seeking the perfect shine C_Rock77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So, a lot of mobile detailers are using S&W in place of a regular water wash? Like pretty much completely replacing it?

Forgive me....I`ve just become pretty paranoid about micromarring on my clearcoat. Paranoid that I may be using too little to lubricate the picking up of the dirt, but it seems that that would be a hard thing to do....considering how judicious some people say you can be with this stuff with no ill effects.

Thanks for humoring me, guys....this stuff really intrigues me!

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used it on my Black Z71 Tahoe when it was pretty dirty and have had no problem`s. I use it sparingly , BUT it depend`s how dirty the truck is sometime`s I will use more if I have some road debris or heavy water spotting.

ALWAY`S use clean microfiber`s and ALWAY`s be gentle when wiping and you should have no problem`s.

I have a hard time believing it leaves nothing behind , because it sure has a nice slick , wet looking shine. I alway`s thought it had some QD capability`s to it....maybe I`m wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

If it`s going to save me time and I`m still going to polish and seal let me have some(on order) Time is money and money is time. :shift

Would like to hear from the Full time Mobile Detailers what`s their opinion??

I`m not saying that "one" should speed through their processes, just would be nice to effectively do the same job just smoother and faster.

:ghost

Thread Information