Post Thanks / Like

What is in Poor Boy sealants???

Is PB Pro Polish a chemical cleanser??

One thing I have noticed and I think would be more helpful is if they would state the chemical or NON chemical content of the PB Products.

Most brand name stuff state the content of their product-be it a Polymer Sealant; Chemical Paint Cleanser etc; They don`t exactly mention the ingredients (I know you have to keep certain things secret..that`s normal) BUT at least to state what kind of product I am buying.

There is absolutely no explantion of what is in the PB line up..apart from what it does..
    Ok The Nattys Carnauba wax is pretty self explanatory..

But along the EX-P; EX;and PB Pro Polish line for example.
    What are they? The website states it is a pure sealant..ok..but what is a pure sealant??
    You know what I mean?? Is it water based-oil based..I have no idea..
    Without declaring what it is..Maybe PB`s can state what it is not.

Example of Pinnacle Paint Cleanser Described:
    "Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion will restore and preserve your car`s original beauty. Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion uses a combination of gloss-enhancing oils and micro-fine fillers to polish your car without abrasives. ........."
    The gas pedal always listens..
    The brake pedal doesn`t...
    Drive`em safe.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is in Poor Boy sealants???

Well, from the Poorboys website:

EX:An Amino Functional Resin with Carnuba. Use it post-polishing to ensure EXtra shine, EXtra protection and EXtra long-lasting beauty for your vehicles.
    EX-P:EX-P is an Amino Functional Resin which combines ease of use with unbeatable protection and shine.
    PwC:This is a non-abrasive polish containing 100% carnuba wax.

As to the Pro Polish, I believe this is chemical in nature (as opposed to mechanical/abrasive). The bottle says "non-abrasive formula" but I guess that was omitted on the site. Also says "contains petroleum distilates."

All the paint protectants (PwC, EX, EX-P) contain petroleum distillates. The dressings (B+B, NL) are water based.

Hope this helps!
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like

I see you`re not getting many responses to this thread. I`m not a product manufacturer, but I can certainly understand the need for proprietary information (trade secrets). The exact chemical composition is important when dealing with certain enviromental issues (like the VOC compliance regulations), but my feeling is that most end users of car care products don`t have a strong knowledge of chemistry. They just want to know how each product is expected to perform in the real world. What is the product`s inteded purpose, and how do I use it? For paint care products: is it a wash, compound, polish, glaze, protectant, etc.? Within each of these categories, a few more specifics like strength or expected durability would be useful to know.

Generally speaking, products within the same category will have the same types of ingredients. The differences arise with the chemists` manufacturing techniques. How much of each ingredient is used? What is the quality level of each ingredient? How are the ingredients mixed together (time, temperature, blending speed, etc.)? To use a culinary analogy: Spaghetti Sauce is a tomato based product which is designed to be served with various pastas. Each chef`s sauce recipe will differ slightly, but they will most likely all contain tomatoes, water, and salt. The quality and types of the tomatoes, the proportions of accompanying herbs and spices, and the cooking times and temperatures combine to differentiate one sauce from another.

When speaking of sealants, most contain some types of polymers and carrier solvents which combine to produce a synthetic wax. In the case of EX and EX-P, the polymers are amino functional resins with some petroleum distilates as carriers. EX also contains Brazilian carnauba wax. Paint polishes usually contain a mix of polishing powders and carrier solvents. PP is a non-abrasive formula which contains no wax or silicone and is body shop safe. I got all this information from the bottle labels. Did your original question pertain to just the contents of the website? The bottle labels themselves seem to have an appropriate amount of information about the ingredients, intended purposes, and usage instructions for each product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by awd330
    I see you`re not getting many responses to this thread. I`m not a product manufacturer, but I can certainly understand the need for proprietary information (trade secrets). The exact chemical composition is important when dealing with certain enviromental issues (like the VOC compliance regulations), but my feeling is that most end users of car care products don`t have a strong knowledge of chemistry. They just want to know how each product is expected to perform in the real world. What is the product`s inteded purpose, and how do I use it? For paint care products: is it a wash, compound, polish, glaze, protectant, etc.? Within each of these categories, a few more specifics like strength or expected durability would be useful to know.

Generally speaking, products within the same category will have the same types of ingredients. The differences arise with the chemists` manufacturing techniques. How much of each ingredient is used? What is the quality level of each ingredient? How are the ingredients mixed together (time, temperature, blending speed, etc.)? To use a culinary analogy: Spaghetti Sauce is a tomato based product which is designed to be served with various pastas. Each chef`s sauce recipe will differ slightly, but they will most likely all contain tomatoes, water, and salt. The quality and types of the tomatoes, the proportions of accompanying herbs and spices, and the cooking times and temperatures combine to differentiate one sauce from another.

When speaking of sealants, most contain some types of polymers and carrier solvents which combine to produce a synthetic wax. In the case of EX and EX-P, the polymers are amino functional resins with some petroleum distilates as carriers. EX also contains Brazilian carnauba wax. Paint polishes usually contain a mix of polishing powders and carrier solvents. PP is a non-abrasive formula which contains no wax or silicone and is body shop safe. I got all this information from the bottle labels. Did your original question pertain to just the contents of the website? The bottle labels themselves seem to have an appropriate amount of information about the ingredients, intended purposes, and usage instructions for each product.
    Thansk for answering..Ihad lost this post actually..it was moved and someone dircted it to me..
    Yes it was just pertaining to usage sfaety of these products.
    When I use the 3M r.c it has cristaline which is VERY dangerous to your health so I wear a full face filtered mask..I was just wondering to what degree these `new` products were safe or not...
    Thansk for answering..
    The gas pedal always listens..
    The brake pedal doesn`t...
    Drive`em safe.

Thread Information