Post Thanks / Like

Super Slick and Suds

I have tried your carwash a few times and thought I would give a review:

First, I got more than I expected, and a little goes a long way. I must also admit that I am the type to use a very generous amount of soap when washing to be on the safe side. However with yours I give the bottle a squeeze and give a 1, one thousand, 2, one thousand count. I measuring device of some kind would have been helpful in measuring the amount you suggest to use... 1 ounce per 2 gallons of water. However counting it off gives me what seems to be a right amount, I still doesnt look like I have used any and I washed my car about 3 times so far with it.

Smells great, I think it smells like apples.

Its weird, I swirl the mitt around and put it on the car to do a section and it literally looks like I am washing with water, but man does the mitt glide. This has about as much slickness as QEW, tons of lubricity which I am very happy with. The suds seem to be more appearance than function, but I can live with that as it works very well. Another thing I noticed, when you hit an area with the soap it changes the appearance of the standing water in that area, making it easy to see where you have done on a panel. I dont know if that was intentional, but I like it.

Rinses clean, no residue at all. Cleaning power seems on par with more expensive washes, above that of consumer washes.

Gloss after washing is good, but then again we are detailers so when is it not. I would love to try this on an abused car just to see what kind of after product it gives from just a wash.

Overall, its my favorite wash to date, and I hope it stays around for a long while. To this product.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Super Slick and Suds

thanks for the review I`ll see what we can do about keeping it around...
    would you rather see it in a 16oz bottle?
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive learned that myself recently as well. A lot of people make the misconsecption that foam is what has the cleaning power. In my opinion that is an understatement compared to lube

Post Thanks / Like

Please please please please please please please keep it around

The size you have, which I dont recall, seems fine. Bigger is always nice though

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Super Slick and Suds

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Ive learned that myself recently as well. A lot of people make the misconsecption that foam is what has the cleaning power. In my opinion that is an understatement compared to lube

Yea majority off people equate suds with cleaning power, so give the customers what they want and it`ll be a win win situation
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

A.K.A. Rhillstr
    Post Thanks / Like

As a mini review:
    I tried it myself the first time and WOW. To be fair I felt soap was soap so whoopee to yet another soap. After all, what can you do with soap???
    To start with make it clean better! I was impressed as I watched not just dirt and dust but tar and bugs come off too! Now that`s cleaning power!
    Second, I`m impressed with how little soap I used as well. Most of all I agree with gloss, not bad for soap. It left a nice soft glow (which I quickly amped up with a quick buff using SSR 2.5) and a SQUEAKY clean surface. I love the feel of squeaky clean! Most impressive, it rinsed off very very easy. Okay, you can do something special with soap.

As for size: Keep it right where it is!

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to ditto everything in Breakneckvtec`s post. It is exactly the same experience for me when I use SSS. That added lubricity makes it the perfect lube for those of us who clay with washing. I would not use GC for this. In regards to the packaging, I just ordered some twin neck bottle from Ranney at PakShak, just like the one used for MicroRestore. That self-measuring feature seems to be the perfect match for shampoos as long as the product is not too thick to be squeezed into the measuring chamber. I will repost to let everyone know how this turns out. I know it will be fine for the QEW, but I got bottles for the SSS and GC as well. If it works, I would definately recommend that vendors offer the bottles on their sites or consider packaging in the bottles with simpler containers to be purchased for refill of the twin neck. I found the twin neck bottles on the net from the manufacturers that went for around a $1.50 for a 16 or 32 oz size when ordered by the case. There was a 10.00 small quantity fee for just ordering a few, so I got them from Ranney for 3.95 each. I will post the results of my experiment when I gett the bottles.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I received my twin neck bottles from Ranney today and have to say that they work just great....even the Meg`s GC, which is very thick. I did have to loosen the fill cap to get the bottle to re-expand after filling the measuring chamber with the GC, but that was it. The 16 oz bottles fit nicely on my go-to working products shelf in the garage and the big gallon containers can be stored out of the way. It think these would also be great for the mobile detailer. They definately should be offered by the vendors selling shampoos......I found very few that do...maybe they don`t sell...I certainly like mine.

Thread Information