Thread: QD + aplication

Post Thanks / Like

QD + aplication

What exactly is the proper way to apply this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I shake the bottle WELL! Then spray into a MF applicator and apply to the entire car. I then come back and remove. That`s me just me though :dunno
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are 3 options listed on the bottle.

Personally I wouldn`t spray it on the car and wipe, as it can get into all the creavices, on windows, etc. and then you`ve got white stuff detracting from the amazing shine.

I would make sure the car is clean, then apply it to the mf (like Nick said), then apply it to the car. Use a second mf to wipe it off. (like a spray wax)
    If, for some reason, you don`t have a spray nozzle for the qd+ (not that that would likely happen, right?) you could pour it on the car and smear it around, then wipe off with mf#2.

But hey-one of the "founding priciples" of Poorboys products is that they are flexible in their useage. Works well with other brands, and works well with differring methods of use.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a fine mister sprayer, and it mists a light amount. I spray the cut in a small area and buff with a cotton towel.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if these techniques will work with the older edition of QD +, on that note its for sale if anyone wants a bottle! PM Me for details.

Post Thanks / Like
    I spray QD+ onto a microfiber towel then wipe it onto the surface. After applying to about 3 panels, I`ll go back and start wiping those panels off with a fresh towel (the PB velvet smooth ones work best for me). I continue around the car doing about 2-3 panels at a time.

I still use my older version of QD+ too. I just mix it with S&W to make it easier to spray. Try using 3 parts S&W with 1 part old QD+.

Post Thanks / Like
    The applicator method is what I use for both the old and new versions. It`s a MF applicator (wrapped in foam) that I get from Adam`s Polishes. I also have a bottle of Marj`s dilution that I spray on and wipe off with a MF towel (same as plain S&W) for when my car is in good shape, and my bike before I go running (garaged).
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Thread Information