Post Thanks / Like

Question Removing QD+ Overspray

Tried my QD+ this morning for the first time. While I really like the prduct (great shine, easy on/off), the first spray shot overspray all over my black plastic trim on my bumper. I mean, its everywhere.

Any advice on removing the QD+ overspray?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Removing QD+ Overspray

Originally posted by Threadhead
    Tried my QD+ this morning for the first time. While I really like the prduct (great shine, easy on/off), the first spray shot overspray all over my black plastic trim on my bumper. I mean, its everywhere.

Any advice on removing the QD+ overspray?
    If you wipe it off quickly, it shouldn`t stain. Otherwise, use some type of trim cleaner like Trim Restorer (if it`s grainy trim). BTW - I always spray QD+ onto a towel or applicator and apply like a very thin liquid wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good advise Marj. I am going to have to try that. As I mentioned to you at PB Detailing day I love the results of QD+ but had a problem with staining as well

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I usually suggest putting it into a small fine mist spray bottle, which i now include with the ones ordered from me, and a second tip i learned was to dress the trim first and then it just wipes right off with either a damp cotton towel or a soft wet brush/toothbrush
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Re: Removing QD+ Overspray

Originally posted by awd330
    If you wipe it off quickly, it shouldn`t stain. Otherwise, use some type of trim cleaner like Trim Restorer (if it`s grainy trim).
    I tried wiping it off immediately, but it still stained. Also tried a damp cloth, and BION Honda Cleaner. Neither worked.

I have some Meg`s Trim Detailer and will have to give that a try.

BTW - I always spray QD+ onto a towel or applicator and apply like a very thin liquid wax.
    Yup, learned that lesson quickly

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Poorboy
    I usually suggest putting it into a small fine mist spray bottle, which i now include with the ones ordered from me, and a second tip i learned was to dress the trim first and then it just wipes right off with either a damp cotton towel or a soft wet brush/toothbrush
    I placed my order through PAC and got the trigger spray. Man, that thing shoots it out like Niagra Falls. After one spray, and the resulting overspray, I took it off and used the flip-top and an applicator.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the small spray bottle and apply to the center of the panel that you are treating, then wipe it around with one MF and buff off with the other side of the towel

Post Thanks / Like
    I spray QD+ directly onto a MF cloth and then wipe. Prevents overspray and using too much product.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Threadhead, I`m guessing you have a Honda? OF all the trim on all the cars my products have been used on, the newer Honda`s plastic seems the least forgiving:dunno most cars a soft brush with water or APC will take it right off of a grained trim, but for some reason, not on Hondas...I would try Trim Restorer with a soft brush or toothbrush, and if you don`t have any, send me a pm and we`ll see what we can do for you
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Poorboy
    Threadhead, I`m guessing you have a Honda? OF all the trim on all the cars my products have been used on, the newer Honda`s plastic seems the least forgiving:dunno most cars a soft brush with water or APC will take it right off of a grained trim, but for some reason, not on Hondas...
    While I do have two Honda, this was my 04 F-150. The top of the entire back bumper is black plastic, some with texture, some with nubbins. I was trying QD+ on my tailgate and hit it with one spray, and a lot fell down. Man, I must have 20 minutes with: water, IA, Honda Cleaner. Nothing worked, but it is better.

Please don`t think I`m upset or dissapointed with QD+, because I am not. Actually, I`m thrilled. It was just `operator error` and I should have tried option 2 or 3 instead of 1 when I wasn`t sure what the spray nozzle would do. My fault entirely.

The F-150 has a coat of Meg`s Gold Class on it, but it just needed a little umph. Man! QD+ really brought out the deep shine again. Very easy on, and even easier off. Even in my 117 deg. garage.

I would try Trim Restorer with a soft brush or toothbrush, and if you don`t have any, send me a pm and we`ll see what we can do for you
    Will do. Thanks!

Thread Information