Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Poorboy`s Detailing Day Reflections

Ok my turn to give a view of the day.
    First we start with the thanks...

Rockland Chevrolet Buick ...Bob (my friend) and Charlie (owner)
    I thank you both for the use of your facilities and all your help

Next..awd330 ..Marj. this event could never have gone off without your help and orginization
    ps thanks for the private stock of diet coke

Jeremy and Scott (Typhoon and ScottP) thanks to both of you for making the extremely long rides to mostly come and help me and others including working on Charlies `37 after a long day:mohawk

Freddy (69 GTO Judge) what can I say...you are always a big help with endless energy

Thank you to everyone who attended, it was like taking a comic book and making all the characters come alive. We have a great community here at DC and the transition to a real in life meeting was awesome...such cooperation and comradery was really cool:hippi

There were all levels of detailers there from novice to very experienced. Thanks Deanski (Dino) for helping out so many people and bring all the extra pads and a pc for people to borrow Your car is really WET ...and very shiny ...even Bob, (mgr of the dealership) who is a long time street rodder was impressed

There were many great transformations to be seen like others have posted. The most amazing change to me was the Rover by ema (Eugene) as he is a novice and came out with fantastic results for a vehicle that is often used off road (Natty this is the guy you want to take you fishing ) The next greatest transformation was Wolfman (Geoff), he was very dilegent in working on his Subaru Wagon and worked step by step, taking guidance from many people and the results were stunning (also congrats on the new baby girl ) , but Joe, you and your son made that green paint really jump out at you

I must say at this point that I wish I had had more time to talk to everyone at greater length, but some of you were definitely not in need of too much help

One of the most awesome improvements of an already great looking car was GSRstilez`s red acura ...WOW ..the red was really nice when he came, but i warned Deanski that his car might need to move over on my web site for a new red car ...great job Sean and your girlfriend(Liz?..sorry I`m bad with names) you both did a great job:cool

Charles(Sopranos16) your Z was awesome!!! You and girlfriend DetailPrincess were also a great team, and your black paint was like a mirror when you finish. It was also great to talk with you and get some feedback on the new Car Wash and Wheel Cleaner

Dalton, it was also great to meet you after all our chats, that Silver really popped and at least no you know that there is nothing wrong with your leather, it`s you :crazy

The list goes on and on from Focusedonsound`s black mustang out in the blazing sun, Raven, Roadman, Bossplaya( great work and thanks for coming all the way from Philly), JaCkaL829, Roadchief, Kartoon, Roadkeeper , it was great meeting you all and I wish I had more time as I strated earlier.(all you road name guys got me all :lol ) , but Joe, you and your son made that green paint really jump out at you I think it was roadchief? you and your daughter did a great job on that huge conversion van, that was really tough to work on in the sun.

A big thanks to our Special Guest..Nattybumppo...sorry you only got to give one autograph :rolling , and helping to get lunch too. As always, it was a pleasure to see you my friend (ps quit smoking )

Well my fingers are now tired and again a big thanks to Dwayne for first letting us have this great site and supplying me with some extra pads:wait(ps whoever by accident took a set of pads orange, white, black , please send them back as I`ll need them for the next detailing day, hopefully in Detroit )

Also, one last note, anyone who washed their car/truck at the detailing day, your feedback on the new carwashes and wheel cleaners would be most appreciated (you can e-mail or pm me)

Thanks again for all who attended and especially those who helped
    Last edited by Poorboy; 07-18-2004 at 02:29 PM.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Boss_429
    Sounds like everybody had a great time! Wish I could have been there!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with everything that Steve said. Eveyone was amazing. I guess I was oblivious to the Rover because I had no idea there was one there. I was too busy asking and answering questions on my end of the row.

I know I am a freak with the leather thing and I am glad you saw it first hand and could settle it for me once and for all.

Thank you again Steve and Marj for everything youi do on this borad and setting up the PB Detailing day. I would say it was a great success!!

But boy was I sweaty!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Boss wish you could have been there:dunno

Dalton yeah you were really sweaty:eek :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve,

Please extend our gratitude to both your friend the manager of the dealership and the owner. Without the two, we would not have had the opportunity to all get togeather for a fun day!

GSRstilez`s red Integra was a great example on what can be accomplished with a rotary and a bit more time. I`d recommend that we get some shots of his "after" the work, so they too can be up on the site! And some of the old Chevy that was washed by Scotchbrite and rejuvinated by a symphony of PC`s! Sean and his GF busted their humps getting the Integra finish perfect. He took his time with the rotary, and it shows truely professional results!

The secret side-by-side evaluation of Souveran vs Nattys was just an eye opener and a wallet "closer" It sure was hard to distinguish which was which, this being on a perfect example of a red finish where Souveran has always been outstanding on. Damn glad I did it! Saves me a boatload of $$.

The Freddy Kruger induced Range Rover was the shocker! It was quietly being done in the background without to much fan fare, but after time and I went over, I was sure it was a different Rover and NOT the same one! What an improvement!

Dalton, now how does the car look? You too busted your hump!

I just wish I had more time and got under some cover early!

Let`s do this again and next time, I`m going to coordinate with a tent company to provide enough coverage so we`re all out of the direct sun. Or, I`ll have to bring all the EZ-UPS I have, but figure it would be less of a PITA if I had a rental co do it.

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was great meeting some of the DC family and watching everyone transform their ride into a showpiece. Of course, one or two of the rides looked like showpieces already (Deanski`s Lexus SC430 and Marj`s Bimmer) and I felt sort of embarrased parking my filthy, neglected, white Mazda next to Marj`s Bimmer that was literally glistening metallic flake in the afternoon sun.

The black stang GT was a looker as was the liquid pool of black paint on the 350z. When I see cars like those it makes me wish I had gotten black on the Mazda and not white. The red acura was painstakenly and professionaly rotary buffed to an absolute mirror finish. Great job!!

Thanks to Steve and Marj for putting the day together. I had a great time talking with the fantastic people who help to make DC such a unique and friendly place. I had almost forgotten how much I like DC...and it`s all because of the people. Nothing like getting a bunch of auto enthusiasts together for a day of chewing the fat, cleaning cars and poking fun at how Steve got everyone else to finish the detail job HE started LOL.

Thanks again folks. it was my pleasure to meet you all.

Nice mee
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    Natty,

Glad we all could meet up! Thanks for the review of the SC430!

I`ll tell you, I`m more happy that I did my secret wax test of Souveran vs Natty`s. This will save mucho $$$. very tough to distinguish which was Souveran and which was Natty. Only Marj could get it right and hit the nail on the head as to why one was the other.

Wish I had gotten there sooner and found cover so I could polish away. The SC has issues and wanted to resolve them yesterday, but realized we`re short on cover.

Next time, I`ll coordinate with Steve and the site to have a tent company provide enough to make sure we`re all under and protected from sun. This just makes any polishing that much easier. Never liked polishing a hot finish, somewhat counter-productive and prone to staining/streaking etc.

So much products, so little time!

Looks like I`ll be ordering a lot of products soon! The gift of S&W was great as I never used it before now love the idea of removing light dust/dirt and not adding any gloss enhancer when you don`t need it. And Nattys Paste... Bye Bye Souveran!:-p

Have a good rest of the weekend!

Regards,
    Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks once again Steve and crew!

It was a great experience and I know I would do it again in a hear beat! There was so many other products that I wanted to try but I just did not have the time.

Just as an FYI!

Yesterday after I had got home and showered off all the sweat. I sat down and was going over my new goodies that I bought. I noticed while reading the back of the "Poorboys Trim Restorer" that there is a Typo! I don`t know if this has been noticed or pointed out before just thought I would give you the heads up! If you need me to point it out I will but I think its pretty obvious!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is what I thought it would be, sorry i could not make it, sound`d like a great day...

keep posting ......
    if you have pictures upload um.. we are all interested...

thks
    jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff, sorry you couldn`t make it Natty was very disappointed especially after being lost for a couple hours ..he could have made it to Maryland faster :rolling ...I know there will be a Maryland detailing day hosted by Jeremy...not sure when , but that one you can surely attend

Post Thanks / Like

Talking pics

i hope the pics load
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn`t be more pleased about the general camaraderie everyone displayed yesterday. People generously gave their time, sweat, and brain power to help one another. In the end, there were beautiful cars and a bunch of very tired, but happy folks. I posted my long winded recollection of yesterday`s events in the PB Detailing Day Is On thread. But I wanted to specifically say thanks to Steve and Bob for providing the supplies and infrastructure, and to everyone who attended and turned the vision into reality.

Post Thanks / Like

pics

i reduced the file size

Post Thanks / Like

pics

more

Post Thanks / Like
    more

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast