Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    How many people total are we looking at attending this event? Is the goal to Detail Each and Every car exterior?

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Dalton
    Do we have directions or did I miss the post?
    Dalton...I figured if we posted the address that most people would use mapquest or similar...there are many different ways to get there, but if anyone wants specific directions from where THEY are coming from, either give me a call or send me a pm.

Focusedonsound wrote:
    How many people total are we looking at attending this event? Is the goal to Detail Each and Every car exterior?

so far it looks like about 25 people and after meeting and greeting, everyone will be detailing their own car, or maybe some people will be helping others...it`s a great opportunity to watch other people and how they get their results. I will walk around and help and demonstrate for anyone and everyone who would like to see a product that they have not tried or are not getting all they want out of their finish.
    I thought of doing a demonstration car from the dealer,which they gladly offered, but that would take up too much time and I`d like to see everyone leaving at the end of the day with a shiny car, so we can take pictures and then share with the rest of DC and Autopia.
    Another thought was to make teams and go from one car to the next, but there could be people who don`t want their car touched by anyone but the owner...lots to consider.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Steve. I will mapquest it. I am pretty familiar with the area having worked there for a year or so, so I should have no problem. I am looking forward to this day!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by awd330
    Guess we`ll have to factor in a side trip to Wendy`s for grilled chicken sandwiches.
    You could toss in a dozen wings or two of wings for me when you get the pizza.
    Last edited by Poorboy; 07-13-2004 at 10:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Scott, I think we also forgot to mention that they opened a Planet Wings across the street too

They are Rate the #1 wing place in our area :flamed

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Poorboy
    I thought of doing a demonstration car from the dealer,which they gladly offered, but that would take up too much time and I`d like to see everyone leaving at the end of the day with a shiny car, so we can take pictures and then share with the rest of DC and Autopia.
    Another thought was to make teams and go from one car to the next, but there could be people who don`t want their car touched by anyone but the owner...lots to consider.
    Well part of my reason for attending is that I am in need of help! I only picked up my PC about a month ago! I was able to get rid of my holograms (which I enbeded all on my own) however I still have some swirling/spider webbing... and my hood has some etching...and a few scratches that need to be addressed!

other than that my car is in good shape... lol! I think it sounds a lot worse than it really is! I guess Once someone can show me the proper way to use the PC I can take over from there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve, any chance you will bring some prototype products that are still in development? We`d love a sneak peak and a chance to test them and give you feedback!!!
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TheSopranos16
    Steve, any chance you will bring some prototype products that are still in development? We`d love a sneak peak and a chance to test them and give you feedback!!!
    the only one I`m planning on having is car wash shampoo ..:kneel

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Focusedonsound
    Well part of my reason for attending is that I am in need of help! I only picked up my PC about a month ago! I was able to get rid of my holograms (which I enbeded all on my own) however I still have some swirling/spider webbing... and my hood has some etching...and a few scratches that need to be addressed!

other than that my car is in good shape... lol! I think it sounds a lot worse than it really is! I guess Once someone can show me the proper way to use the PC I can take over from there!
    there will be plenty of help for you physically and spiritually

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Scott, I think we also forgot to mention that they opened a Planet Wings across the street too

They are Rate the #1 wing place in our area :flamed
    I could handle that. I wonder how well wing sauce would work as a topper on EX-P?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it would etch through faster than bid Sh#t

Post Thanks / Like
    there will be plenty of help for you physically and spiritually

Thanks .... Ill need it! I actually think it might need the help of a rotary! But I will let the pro`s take a look and access the damage!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to post the address again....I was told it was hard to find in the thread:dunno

Rockland County Chevrolet Buick
    51 S Route 9W
    West Haverstraw, NY 10993

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Local directions and Landmarks

I just tried driving the most straight forward local route to the dealership. The following directions should pertain to most attendees.

1. Use Mapquest to plot your route to the Palisades Interstate Parkway in Rockland County, New York.

2. Once on the Palisades Parkway, take Exit 14 - Letchworth Village. [note: If approaching from the South, Mapquest will probably tell you to take Exit 13 - Pomona. But, that route is more complicated than taking Exit 14.]

3. At the end of the Exit 14 ramp, head east on Rockland County Route 98 (a bright blue colored sign). This road is also known as Willow Grove Road.

4. Drive approximately 2.5 miles. Along the way, you will pass: a Sunoco station on the left, the intersection with Route 47, the Marion Shrine on the right, and the intersection with Route 33. As you pass Route 47, the name of the road changes from Willow Grove Road to Filors Lane.

5. Route 98 ends at the intersection with Route 9W/202. Turn right at the traffic light and head South on 9W.

6. Drive 0.9 miles. Along the way, you will pass: Helen Hayes Hospital on the right, Gordon Ford on the right, Dunkin Donuts on the left, and Samsondale Plaza (Shoprite) on the right.

7. After passing Samsondale Plaza, you should be able to see the white and blue sign for "Chevrolet Buick" ahead on the right side of the road. Mark Auto is across the street from the dealership.

8. If you get to McDonald`s, you`ve gone too far.

Post Thanks / Like
    :yeah well done

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information