Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just call me Kermit, b/c I`m green with envy!!!! Sounds like your guys had a gr8 time!!
    Soprano, its a good thing your Z was under the tent, b/c its so reflective the sun my ahve burned our retinas. Man, what a reflection!

Anticipating a Poorboy`s road show!
    Kayel17
    If It Floats, Rolls or Flyes, I can make it Shine!

Post Thanks / Like
    Where do I begin?

Well, first off, BIG thanks to Steve, Marj, and the dealership for setting up this awesome day! Also, for letting us use all of these products for free. It felt almost wrong walking up and grabbing new products, one after the other, to try out, but I liked it .

The day was absolutely awesome overall. My girlfreind and I had an awesome time detailing and meeting a ton of new people. Her and I didn`t plan for such a scorcher, but we battled through it (thanks for the use of the pop-up tent Steve ) My car got soo hot in the direct sun, that matched with the heat of the rotary, it was unable to be worked on.

Anyways, I quickly saw that everyone had areas they wanted to concentrate on. I didn`t see ema`s truck up close at first, but you could tell it needed some TLC. For most of the morning all you heard was a PC off in the shade. As it turned into afternoon, it pulled out with clean glossy tires, and metallic flakes that you could see from the other side of the parking lot! I was quite amazed.

focusedonsound worked his heart out on his already very clean stang. As he said, he loved Natural look. It gave such a deep looking sheen, it matched his paint so perfectly with the top down. He tried out many different products and worked non-stop all day (you are a crazy man). When he left though, you could see the complete effect of the liquid looking exterior and satin sheen interior...Awesome stuff...

Sopranos16 and his girl worked quite hard as well. He heckled me all morning since I never got away from working on my hood :lol . I had to get the damn hood right before anything else. When I was leaving, he was pulling away and I was taken back by the finish on his car. It looked drop dead gorgeous!

Don`t kill me because I`m bad with names , but everyone`s car looked awesome...Road---- and his daughter absolutely went to town on their conversion van. It was a 96 that looked better than brand new ones on the lot. I really couldn`t believe it. The finishes on wolfman`s wagon and dalton`s accord were verrry wet looking and I also saw dalton`s metallic flake from quite a distance! I know I am missing people here, but it will come back to me...

Anyways, I got there and I knew I had my work cut out for me on my Integra. Here it is after S&W (BTW: great product) and all the trim being taped up...Looks pretty good right?

Ha! No it doesn`t! Upon further inspection, the hood had bad water etching from a sprinkler I am forced to park near (but will find somewhere else to park now) and from my mechanic spilling something on the hood. Also, notice the buffer holograms. I used a new polish about a month ago in overcasted skies and it turns out it didn`t meet its labeled specs as breaking down to a light polish. So I was left with this mess:

I had my car repainted about a year ago and when it was done, the clearcoat I was left with was softer than OEM. It kind of annoyed me because as anal as I am, light swirling still occurs. This finish is very prone to damage and hologramming from swirls so here`s what I did. Started off using SSR2 and a LC polishing pad via rotary at 1700 rpm. I did overlapping passes and inspected it in the sun. The swirls/etching were gone, but left were buffer swirls. I moved down to SSR1 with a Polishing Pad at 1000 rpm and they came out. Now this took a pretty long time as I was playing with different pads, speeds, pressures, and products to find which worked best for my application. When it was done, all the defects that were coming out (still have things that need to be wetsanded), came out!

Left is untouched, right is all polished out (like I said those specs are in the paint and need to be wetsanded out )

I ended up doing the SSR 2, then SSR 1 routine on the fenders, hood, and front bumper. I then did SSR 1 via rotary and LC polishing pad @ 1500rpm on the rest of the car. Following that, I chose EX for my sealant. This proved to add instant depth and wetness. It also really brought out the RED in my car.

I then used a tip from 69GTOJudge to use Bold `N Brite on the tires AND my ultra flat black rims. This turned out AWESOME!

Here are a couple of event pics:

Me working with the rotary and my Solis yellow lenses protective glasses (love these things)

It`s Detailing Mania!!!

Well thanks again to Steve, Marj, and the dealership as well as everyone there making it a great day out. Liz and I had a blast and hope to see all of you again in the future!

Post Thanks / Like
    GSRstilez .... Great work!!! You are a lot more daring than I am. After my first experience with a rotary I have vowed ever since, that I will never touch one again. But I must say you make it look like childs play!

Post Thanks / Like

GSRstilez

Great Job !!! Great pics !!! Man I missed out !!!!

TheSopranos16...

Your Z looks incredible !!!
    No buff to tuff

Don't ever drop your clay kartoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted to thank Steve, Marj, and everyone else who helped to organize this event. It was great to see all the people and their cars. Here are some pictures that I took. Most of them are work in progress as I had to leave earlier and didn`t get a chance to see all finished car. The black Jeep was done in a very short period of time by GTO Judge. I`m not sure what products he used but he did a great job on the hood of that Jeep.

Post Thanks / Like
    A few more pics:

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, that last picture makes me look fat. (I`m the one standing with the bottle of water) That`s it, I`m losing those shorts.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scott P
    Ok, that last picture makes me look fat. (I`m the one standing with the bottle of water) That`s it, I`m losing those shorts.
    me too and I have no butt :rolling
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a great time. Thanks to everyone that made this such a great event.

I will upload my pictures tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    me too and I have no butt
    Would you guys prefer it if I used my Photoshop skills to fix that obvious camera flaw ? I think the lens got swollen from the heat and those are the results

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by kartoon
    Would you guys prefer it if I used my Photoshop skills to fix that obvious camera flaw ? I think the lens got swollen from the heat and those are the results
    Yes, there must have been something wrong with the lens at that time. I`m the person standing next to Scott, and I look fat too. The lens seems to have added 20 extra pounds to everyone there. :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn i should have went, i live 2 minutes from there!!!!

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by awd330
    Yes, there must have been something wrong with the lens at that time. I`m the person standing next to Scott, and I look fat too. The lens seems to have added 20 extra pounds to everyone there. :lol
    So much for those slim fast diets :rolling :lol
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    When we`all do the Maryland Detail Party, we will get Slim-Fast to Sponsor us!!!!...

Note...Tell Whoopi Goldberg can stay home....

jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JeffBruce
    When we`all do the Maryland Detail Party, we will get Slim-Fast to Sponsor us!!!!...
    Instead of giving away free bottles of Spray & Wipe, we will give away free cans of Slim Fast!

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information