Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eric,

I only did my hood with it, but I think I can learn to really lke it. Steve gave me a nice lesson on how to use it. Although, it was a little unsettling to hear "crank that bad boy up!" when I had used a rotary for a total of five minutes before that.

If you want to come over and check or even try it out, feel free.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like everybody had a great time.
    so pi$$ed I couldn`t make it, I look forward to additional pics

Post Thanks / Like
    What a wonderful day! Thanks to Steve and Marj for organizing and putting it on.

I was the Rover owner with all the brush scratches from driving off-road. During the morning, Steve took a look at my scratches and said that most of them would come out. I was floored! My initial attempt involved using SSR 2.5 by hand. Some of the scratches disappeared, while a majority of them were minimized. After awhile, some kind soul (Jeremy, I think was his name... He is a Poorboy`s distributor out of Maryland) took pity and loaned me his PC. After an overview in PC use, I was off and away!

SSR 2.5 by PC removed a majority of the scratches. I followed up with some EX and the truck looked great. Trim Restorer worked wonders on the Rover`s black trim, and Bold and Bright dressed up the tires. One thing I noticed was how easy it is to use the Poorboy`s products. I was out in the sun for a majority of the day. None of the products streaked, or gave me any hassle.

The bunch of folks I met were incredibly nice and friendly. Everyone had tips to share and several kind individuals loaned me items when I did not have the right one in my detailing arsenal. There were some great looking cars after all the detailing. Deanski`s SC430 looked sharp, as did GSRstilez`s red Integra and TheSopranos16`s Z. The dark green Acura was beautiful as well.

It was great to meet everyone and I hope we can do something like this again soon.

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    That Land Rover was an amazing transformation. It looked beautiful when it was done. So, when are you buying a PC?
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like
    Ema,

Congrats on a job well done!

Trust me guys who weren`t there. His Range Rover lookded as if Freddy Kruger left his trademark signature along the side!

I do hope you will invest in a PC soon! Coastaltool has a good kit for small $$$.

Enjoy your new Range Rover!!:-p

Regards,
    Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    OH YOU GUYS ARE SUCH TEASES!!!!!!
    Kayel17
    If It Floats, Rolls or Flyes, I can make it Shine!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday convinced me that a PC is a worthwhile investment! I`m actually browsing through the Coastal Tool website right now. Hopefully I`ll have the PC by end of week.

I had hoped to beat the rain this morning and apply another layer of EX to the Rover. Since the rain beat me, I got to see how some of the products held up to driving in the rain. Both Trim Restorer and the Bold n Bright tire dressing held up very well. I didn`t experience any of the run off that I previously got with 303.

I`m also excited about the Spray & Wipe bottle everyone got. I picked up an extra gallon from Steve as well.

Now that the Rover is all detailed, I`ll have another car to keep shiny. Thanks again all!

-ema

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, everyone seems to want more pics so here are the ones of my ride. A special thanks to my girlfriend, DetailPrincess, for all her help with the car! She had heat exhaustion all day but stuck it out and helped me a lot! Ok here are the pics...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Post Thanks / Like
    My car was under a tent so there are no pretty reflections of the sky, but you can still get an idea of how shinny the paint was...
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Post Thanks / Like
    Last one...thanks to Poorboy`s World for making products that produce a shine like this!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ema,

Your new PC awaits you here: Your New PC

TheSopranos16

WOW! Nice work!! Glad you got some shots in of it!! I`ll tell you, DetailPrincess was working like mad on your 350Z!! Very dedicated!

We ALL wish to thank Steve, Marj, and the owner of the dealership and Steve`s manager friend who gave us the ability to pull this all off! Thanks guys!

Anyone else have more pics?

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your welcome Sopranos =) Anytime.. and to everyone else it was nice meeting all of you and thanks again to Steve and Marj for putting together such a nice day!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve and the dealership manager really rose to the occassion when the requests for :

`WE NEED MORE POWER" became the request of the morning there were at least a dozen PC`s and Rotary`s blazing away at any given time. What an awesome sound and what an awesom shine they helped produce. Tim the tool man would have been proud of all the power tools we used

Post Thanks / Like
    Here’s my (very long winded) recollection of the day’s events –

Steve, Typhoon, and I got there around 8:30am to do the setup. In all the hustle and bustle of the morning, Steve forgot to bring the name tags, and I forgot my camera. We had a whole side of the building and an indoor wash area reserved for us. Even so, we didn’t initially have enough room for all the anticipated cars. By the time we had most of the displays in place, the dealership employees had moved some more cars and Steve’s wife Judy had ridden to the rescue and delivered the name tags. Shortly thereafter, people began rolling in.

As others have said, we had a great bunch of folks participate in this inaugural Poorboy’s World Detailing Day. Everyone was super nice and pitched in to help wherever they could. It was good to be able to put faces (and real names) to the screen names. A couple days ago, Steve and I played the “What do you think this person looks like?” game. I’m notoriously bad at this as people rarely turn out to be the way I picture them. In this case, my batting average was about 25%. I got to meet almost everyone on their way in at the registration table. It was fun to see all the looks of delight as people received their complimentary bottles of spray and wipe.

After finding parking spaces and unloading all their “stuff”, many people started using their gift to clean off grime from the morning drive. Those who arrived with unwashed cars were directed to take turns in the indoor wash bay. While there, they were introduced to 4 new prototype products (2 shampoo variants and 2 wheel/tire cleaner variants). The prototypes arrived from the factory on Friday evening, and neither Steve nor I had the opportunity to give them a try before Detailing Day began. If you tried any of these prototypes, please PM or email your feedback to Poorboy.

With freshly cleaned cars, people started contemplating their plans of attack for the day. Steve had made up dozens of sample sized bottles of his products. Everyone was invited to try anything they wished to try. The only requirement was that they add their names to the sign up sheet for each product used. This way Steve would have a way of knowing who tried which products so he could come back later and ask for their feedback. Feedback is very important to Steve. Many brand new products and existing product reformulations were developed directly from user feedback.

Once we had secured some operational power outlets, the real fun began. Everyone scooped up some products and got to work on their cars. SSR2.5 seemed to be the first step for most folks. There was a fairly even number of people applying by hand and PC with just a few opting for a rotary. People freely traded tips on technique and product selection.

The morning just seemed to fly by. Before we knew it, it was way past lunch time. The pizza suggestion quickly fell by the wayside as it was deemed too greasy for the situation at hand. After a fast poll, Wendy’s became the food vendor of choice. A few opted to walk to McD’s across the street, while others we so wrapped up in detailing that they didn’t even want to stop for a bite to eat. For those agreeable to Wendy’s, we took up a quick collection of money and then Natty, 69GTOJudge and I made the run in Natty’s new Mazda (very nice). We placed the huge order then waited… and waited… and waited. By the time we got back, people were either starving or too hot to eat. People had prayed for a sunny day, and we got it. By the afternoon hours it was nearly blazing hot in that asphalt parking lot. I had unwisely decided to forego using sunscreen. While I didn’t get any sunburn, I do have some very interesting tan lines today. :cool

By mid-afternoon, you could really begin to see significant progress on some of the vehicles. My top contenders for most radical “before and after” were ema’s Land Rover and Wolfman’s Outback. Deanski also provided the “brainteaser of the day” as people tried to figure out which panel had Natty’s and which had Souveran. While they were nearly indistinguishable on his bright red Lexus, at certain angles it was possible to see that one panel had a clearer reflection (Natty’s) while the other was just a shade glossier (Souveran).

As people finished their detailing sessions, and the heat took its toll, folks bade farewell to their new friends and drove off in their pretty cars. Wolfman, 69GTOJudge, and ScottP stayed around to help Steve, Typhoon, and I tear down the tents and pack up Steve’s van. We were all packed up around 6pm. It was a long and tiring day, but very satisfying overall. Hopefully, we will able to do this again some day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ema
    It was great to meet everyone and I hope we can do something like this again soon.
    BTW - :welcome to Detail City Eugene! Glad you decided to register here. The nice people you met yesterday are pretty indicative of the community at large here. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information