Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    I'll figure it out....
    Post Thanks / Like
    Next time, do it on a Sunday!

Post Thanks / Like

Time Well Spent!

First, let me start and say the Steve and Marj did a wonderful job in putting this all together Thank you very much for the opporunity for all of us to meet and "play" with the products!

It was great to finally put faces to names etc!

It was so sunny and hot that it really put to the test of any of the products being able to withstand sun beating down on a finish. My guess is most finishes were in the range of 110-140 degrees!

Those that got shade really worked like hell to improve the finish quality and let me tell you they did GREAT!

The SC430 was in the sun most of the morning and was looking for some good shade coverage or garage to work in, so I settled for some tree shade.. Damn tree didn`t like my car and decided to throw some sap on it free of charge! A little S&W, all was well. Then came time to test the Souveran/Natty on the SC430.

I held out and once in the shade, I secretly applied Souveran on one panel and Natty`s on another panel of the SC430. Can you tell which is which? Even Natty himself was quite amazed as to the comparison! Only one person was able to distinguish which was which, and it was not easy.

Therfore, Natty`s Paste wax is one cost effective wax! Use the Natty`s in place of Souveran and spend the money saved on other items! Now I can say I will not be shaking hands with Pinnacle each time I reach in my pocket for my wallet!

GSRstilez worked like hell with his Makita 9227C and performed magic to the red Integra finish that you really have to see it close to really appreciate the level of work that went into it. From start to finish he did an exceptional job :headbang Way to go!

TheSopranos16 went full bore on his new black 350Z and man it was sweet! The black was perfect and he was in the process of putting on his EX.

All the cars were just great to look at once people got busy!

Too bad I had to leave so soon, as some of you know why...:whine

Steve and crew were busy with a 4 PC symphony on a black laquer finish old car that from the begining, looked as if someone took a Scotchbright pad to it... No joke! It was that bad and the marks were consistant with one of those pads! :hurl
    But, with SSR2.5, things improved dramatically! This was a true test for 2.5!

The Range Rover looked as if it went 4-wheeling to get to this event. Hours later, you could not tell! Damn thing looked as new if not better! He worked hard in the sun on it and the results were just remarkable.

We all had a great time and hope we can all do it again soon!

Maybe then I can get one of my guys to bring the company car with more EZ Ups so we have more shade, or I`ll coordinate with Steve and offer to get a tent company to erect several tents on whatever site we can use. Not that bad cost wise, and less headache!

OK boys! Who else has pics? I only got a few off.

Now, look at the door and rear quater panel... OK, which has Souveran and which has Natty`s? Still feel like blowing $70.00+/- for Souveran? Na, you`re too smart to do that right? :dunno

More to come!

Regards,
    Deanski
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Deanski; 07-18-2004 at 06:02 AM.
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like

More Pics

PoorBoy Detailing Day pics:
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)

Post Thanks / Like
    PBW Detail Day
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, which section has Souveran and which has Natty`s?
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, sounds like a really great experience! But if you want the real test of products in the sun, come to AZ next time!
    And just as I was about to say :showpics , I found Deanski`s posts - thanks Deanski!
    Don`t it always seem to go, you don`t know what you`ve got til it`s gone?
    WAC
    06/04/40 ~ 07/16/07

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome...

I`m sure there are more pics from the other guys.. They may be a bit tired from working in the sun on all the cars!

One silver car with EX-P on it was really nice! Made the silver metallic just pop out at you!

Another Subaru that was dark metallic had many issues. an hour later... what issues? What swirls or marring? Some 2.5 and presto, it was like new! Wish I got a shot of that one B4 and after! Same goes for the Range Rover that looked as it took a short-cut through the woods to get to the site! After he worked on it, looked like new!

It was one fine day!:-p

Regards,
    deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers Dean,any pics of the whole gang ? ;P
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I made it home just fine at 11:30 pm. Nothing like driving 660 miles and spending 10 hours in a car to really make you tired. It was great meeting everyone. I even got to give my new Makita a test drive.

I just like how we had four guys working on the 36 (or 38) Chevy the the Dealership`s owner had. We did a pretty nice job on that finish. The sales guys were really impressed with everything we did.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like
    The Chee,

No, I didn`t get a shot of everyone I should have, but I was busy BS`ing with everyone and honestly forgot I had the camara untill late in the day. :stupid

Looks like I`m going to order more PB products so I can strip down the SC430 and start fresh. I`ll document each part with pics and write-ups. After seeing how well everything worked so well together, I feel that I have to change over to PBW.

One important item I forgot to mention. We ALL got a spray bottle of S&W from Steve:headbang What a nice surprise!! Man, I like this S&W stuff! Nice to have a quick way of removing light dust/dirt and not adding anything to "shine" it up!

I hope the others will chime in with their pics soon!

Regards,
    Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)

Post Thanks / Like
    If there were any pictures of the whole gang ... I know I wasn`t in them... I was too busy trying doing the great american auto detailing race... like I said earlier there is just so much you want to do and so much you want to try and not enough time for just one day!

My reviews of the products I did try!

1. SSR 2 . I initialy started with this as per Steve`s advice (hey he`s the one that practicly has a PHD in this stuff so I listend to him) He said give this a test and if this doesn`t do it step up to 2.5. Well I went over a section of my blazing hot black hood and 2 was just not cutting it. Although deffinatly something that I had to have.

2. SSR 2.5. WOW is all I can say! What an amazing product not only does it smell great but the great smell is only the begining! Goes on easy and if possible it comes off even easier!!

3. PWC. Well initally I had some issues I was applying this using a finishing pad and while the results were excelent in some areas it was caking..... after some discussions with various people Marj and Steve included we narrowed it dow to being either too much product or to high of a speed! Well I did both lowerd my speed and reduced the amount of product! And what a difference not only was the aplication process night and day but so was the end results. Im glad I had the opertunity to try this as I only have Pro Polish... I think im going to stick with the regular polish I curently have though! (Well maybe not we will have to see)

4. Natural Look. Where have you been all my life!!! What more could you ask for from one product? it does everything. I don`t think the interior of my mustang has EVER looked that nice. When I got home (I sat down w/ a cold beer in hand) and just looked at the car to take in all the work that I had done! I just could not get over how great my interior looks now! Had to pick up some of this stuff too! Incredible product I don`t know what I would ever do w/ out it!

That was all I had time to play w/ due to the 90 degree sun pounding down on us it wasn`t an easy task keep at so I ended up picking up the few extra products I needed to finish off the day!

In the end I had a BLAST!!! It was great getting to see all of the nice cars!(And I guess their owners as well. j/ k ) It was a lot to take in ...in just one day!

Steve and Crew.... I don`t think I can say thank you enough! Forget about the heat the sun burn ect ect.... It was well worth it to be able to try your line up! Not a lot of money.... but what a shine is right! I would put all of your products up against the best in each catagory! If your products are not in the top 3 let me know who`s testing them so I can personally slap them back in to reality!!!

Thanks again!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,

Damn.. 10 hrs? You must be wiped! Now that`s hard core product loyalty! :-p

Glad you could come!

Regards,
    Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)

Post Thanks / Like
    Focusedonsound

Nice job on the `Stang

Wish I got a pic of it too! That was a lot of work, but the results speek for themselves!

As I said in previous statement, I will strip the SC430 and start from square one with PBW products. It will be documented with write-ups and pics. As if I couldn`t get this car any wetter! Hey, it`s got issues!! If you got close, you know! See my Souveran/Natty test? No longer going to purchase Souveran, no need to when I can get Natty`s for such a low cost!

Hope you didn`t get that toasted in the sun.

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scott P
    I made it home just fine at 11:30 pm. Nothing like driving 660 miles and spending 10 hours in a car to really make you tired. It was great meeting everyone. I even got to give my new Makita a test drive.
    10 hours round trip not bad time.

How do you like the makita.

I wish I could have been there to meet some people and to detail my car, but I had to work.

Need more pictures of the event.

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?
    Done, or Done right? You decide.
    Score early, Score often.
    You can not win from the penalty box.
    You can not score from the penalty box.

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like everyone had a blast. I`m glad everything went well and Steve...hint...hint. Next stop Honolulu, HI.

And Scott...my hat off to you for making the 10 hour trip for the Poorboy`s Detailing Day. You are definitely the Detail City King for the Day.

With Aloha,
    Ranney

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information