Post Thanks / Like

Talking EX-P+ Review (Black Metallic)

Wash - Poorboy`s S&W w/mega plush mf
    Clay - Clay Magic
    Wash Again - Poorboys S&W w/mega plush mf
    Swirl Removal - Poorboys SSR 2.5 CMA Orange Constant Pressure Foam Pad w/PC set at speed 5 and 6 as needed
    Clean & Prep Paint - Klasse AIO with CMA White Constant Pressure Foam Pad w/PC set at speed 4
    Poorboy`s EX-p+ (x2) - CMA Grey Pad w/PC set at speed 4

Packaging - Sample Bottle marked with Black Magic Marker not applicable. I believe the bottle was 6 oz. It probably had 1 oz of space so you could shake it up, which I did. It doesn`t look like it needs to be shaked up but I did anyway to be sure.

Instructions - See above, I just went at it the way I always use normal EX-P.

Ease of Use - It was very easy to apply. The thickness was commented on by others but did not bother me in any way. I`d say it was sort of like SSR 2.5 in the thickness. I dabbed the bottle on the pad in several spots and it spread out extremely easy with the PC. I estimate I used 1 oz per coat. The second coat it was a little colder about 40 degrees in my garage and the product seemed to haze or dry quicker then my first coat which was done at around 48 degrees. It was grey and overcast and humididty was 50-60%. Removal was EXTREMELY easy, very light pressure required with just a dry plush mf, what a breeze to remove, nothing gets easier than this product in that regard . I waited one hour to buff off. This stuff is so easy to use if you eliminate that wait time you could litterly apply and remove in 20 minutes on a car my size. There was no streaking or leftover hazing. As further note I really took no great care in avoiding the black plastic trim because I wanted to see if it stained the trim. Volvo trim is a royal PITA and notorious for staining with certain products. The EX-P+ did not stain any of the trim that I could tell and this is a great plus to speed work :mohawk .

Slickness - First coat had very good slickness, I found the second coat to notch it up slightly and it`s very close to 4*UPP but I believe 4*UPP is still the King of Slick in my book. The EX-P+ does seem noticably slicker than regular EX-P.

Gloss & Finish - There has been no sun yet since my test but outside in grey overcast skies I am very pleased. The shine is very pronounced and the reflections very clear on my black metallic paint. Regular EX-P was always the sealant I reached to for my customers wanting the best I could give. I continue to see a great product to bring out the (wow that looks great !) shine and reflections. It looks great to me :dancin . When I get some good lighting and sun I`ll post some pictures. I`m also going to try it on on my wifes silver metallic XC90 and post some shots of it on silver too.

Durability - To be determined. One of the reasons I was anxious to try the product was because of it`s hope for increase in durability. I will provide updates as Winter progresses. I hope to see increased durability for the benefit of my customers. A big test left for me is not to re-apply anything to my own car for a while :rolling .

Thanks to Poorboy for letting us regular guys try a product in development .

Post Thanks / Like

Re: EX-P+ Review (Black Metallic)

Great write up! I really think you`ll like it on your wife`s silver car, and I`m really curious to see what it looks like on black!!!!

:showpics :LOLOL
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Nice write up
    Can`t wait to see pics of it on black
    Does Steve mention whether it can still be used in Shade and sun like EX-P was.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When and if EX-P is changed, it`s directions or uses will not change one bit...

Nice review, looking forward to pictures in the sun
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review, I can`t wait to try mine.

Steve, do you think you could shoot me a tracking number?

*EDIT* - taken care of

Thread Information