Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like

Its the old battle again

Allright, its spring time and things are coming around for me this year. I have a carshow I am going to on the 24th of April where I will be showing off PB products. Its an all-Corvette show, so you know what that means...Zaino. The number of cars is expected to be 75+, and one of the key members of a club thats going to be there is a Zaino distributor.

I am going to go out there (assuming I get an order of products from Steve organized) and try to show how PB products are superior to Zaino.

Anyone have some thoughts, ideas, suggestions, or concerns on this subject matter. Any first hand experience you have learned over time to make you lean towards either products would be extremely helpful.

Thanks,
    Dan
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Its the old battle again

Originally posted by Tassadar
    I am going to go out there (assuming I get an order of products from Steve organized) and try to show how PB products are superior to Zaino.
    No disrespect for Poorboy`s, but being superior to Zaino could be open to some debate.

:wait Don`t get all excited. I don`t use Zaino, (I have though), and have no interest in it whatsoever. It does seem to be a pretty popular product so it can`t be all bad.

Now, for the sake of your car show, do all the comparisons in the direct sunlight. No shade allowed. Set a strict time table for complete prep, application and removal. Compare results. Might surprise some people.

Charles

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think I am going to be able to do a side by side comparison. This is not a big car show, and I will be the only person manning the table.

This is going to be a contest of words. I am going to most likely sell this stuff by my own testimony.

At the worst, I have enough people I know who want to buy PB stuff that I can sell what doesnt go at the car show.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think I am going to be able to do a side by side comparison. This is not a big car show, and I will be the only person manning the table.

This is going to be a contest of words. I am going to most likely sell this stuff by my own testimony.

At the worst, I have enough people I know who want to buy PB stuff that I can sell what doesnt go at the car show.
    Unfortunately a "contest of words" is just a lot of talk. It really won`t prove a thing.
    Forget comparisons, just use some PwC and EX on a panel or a car in full sunlight so people can see the results. If you can get your car next to the table, do the car a section at a time so people can see how easy it is, even in the sun. Better yet, get one of the other cars at the show to work on.
    Use the standard disclaimer, Don`t try this at home, unless they are using Poorboy`s products.

Charles

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most of these guys won`t let me touch their cars. Most of them are going to be average weekend wash guys, some might be on our level though. The only true way to see if you like a product is to try it on your own, hassle free, and at your own pace.

How do you manage to sell stuff from a kiosk at a car show?

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just sometimes get so irritated with Zaino, I mean really, I get irritated so badly. I know the stuff is a good product, but its overpriced and overhyped for what it is. Why is it that Zaino seems like some sort of viral disease, as soon as it infects someone they refuse to use anything but Zaino. They think that Zaino is the best of the best and that nothing could ever touch it. They feel that they must tout Zaino as the best anytime any conversation ever comes up. Worst all, they think they never need to try a new product.

I used to be a Zaino fan, then I read more about car detailing. I found out about Poorboy`s, watched some results, and finally ordered some myself. And now, I am cured of that Zaino disease. So how do I manage to get other people to try Poorboy`s while they are brainwashed by Zaino!

Boss_429
    Tass,

I`ve got the perfect solution. Most of this will be easy for you, although one part might be a little difficult.

Get the following before the show:

1 bottle of PP
    1 bottle of SSR1
    1 bottle of EX-P
    1 can/jar of Natty`s
    1 bottle of S & W (and a hidden bottle of Final Detail)
    1 new red Vette (the "little difficult part" )

Before the show:

1 x PP
    1 x SSR1
    4 or 5 x EX-P (S & W after each layer)
    1 or 2 x Natty`s (FD after each layer)

That should match up nicely to any Zaino vehicles!

Seriously, as Charles said.......... without being able to "show" results............. it`s only "words".

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 1972 Stingray that was repainted only a few hundred miles ago. Thing is, it has a protective 3M plastic ALL around the car. I can only get to the paint in a few spots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I would just let the products sell themselves. I wouldn`t even get into a "what is better" debate. If they are happy with Zaino, no need to switch. If they are open minded enough to try something different, they will give poorboys a shot.

They will probably see that they have a need for both!

Good luck!
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by EBPcivicsi
    Personally, I would just let the products sell themselves. I wouldn`t even get into a "what is better" debate. If they are happy with Zaino, no need to switch. If they are open minded enough to try something different, they will give poorboys a shot.

They will probably see that they have a need for both!

Good luck!
    That`s exactly my approach

Dan you can`t switch people who aren`t interested, if they are curious (and many :cool cats are) they will come over and ask you about the products. A demo is also a good idea even if it`s not a Vette.... Sometimes just an ordinary car where you can show remarkable improvement during a demonstration is a much better way to show the products...
    Remember "Best" is in the eye of the beholder:dunno
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Therein lies my problem. None of my cars are downright horrid, none of them I going to be usable for a demo atleast. I can have a PB detailed Exploder (Explorer, thats just my nick name for it) out there. However, I don`t see how thats going to infulence anyone.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have one of your cars in excellent, (Show level), condition and have it near your display.
    Someone is sure to ask you if the products you are selling are the products you used to get the great results on your car. You will find that most people, especially car nuts, like to sell themselves.
    One thing I have to mention, arguments and confrontations are not gonna sell anything for you. Stay cool and let the products and the results sell themselves.

Charles

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Therin lies my problems. It seems that i can talk to most people. Most users of Meguiars, Turtle, Zymol, Eagle One, and other store bought brands are usually quite happy to listen about a new products.

Zaino seems to be different. I know when I have talked about it, and neutrally said that the results I gained simply did not outweigh the cost, I get attacked. I am attacked with normal overly dramatic questions and it turns into a big hoopla (not sure if thats a word, but it is here in Oklahoma) of accusations of improperly using the "Zaino process". Now, don`t get me wrong, Zaino is a good product. Zaino does give a good final look. However, PREP work is where the true Zaino look lies. All of the pictures on Zaino`s website involved tens of hours of prep work to gain that amazing look, Zaino just added more light reflectivity and protection. EX-P can do the exact same thing, look better in my opinion, and do it for less. EX-P is a product without gimmicks and with no false promises. EX-P would look good on an unprepped surface, but even better on a prepped surface. EX-P admits that it doesnt actually fix any paint problems, wheras Z-2 seems to put forth that idea. Steve will easily tell you that if you want your paint to look great, you need to spend some time prepping it. Thats why he has PwC, PP, and the SSRs, because the beauty within the paint comes out only through prep work.

Am I wrong here?

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...Now, don`t get me wrong, Zaino is a good product. Zaino does give a good final look. However, PREP work is where the true Zaino look lies.
    ...EX-P is a product without gimmicks and with no false promises. EX-P would look good on an unprepped surface, but even better on a prepped surface.
    Though I have not tried EX-P, I wouldn`t think of putting EX on a non-prepped surface. I doubt seriously that it would look even as good as a basic off the shelf cleaner wax. Though I am not now, nor have I been a Zaino user, I don`t think that those products use gimmicks or make false claims. If they did, Sal wouldn`t have such a dedicated following.

...Steve will easily tell you that if you want your paint to look great, you need to spend some time prepping it. Thats why he has PwC, PP, and the SSRs, because the beauty within the paint comes out only through prep work .
    Am I wrong here?
    No, you`re not wrong. As you have stated several times in your post, proper surface prep is the key to a beautiful finish. With the proper prep work, it is hard to find a "bad" LSP.

Good luck on your sales. I would concentrate more on the positives of the PB products (ie. sun friendly) and not even mention my competition. I think people enjoy being sold on a product rather than detracting from the competition. Besides, you would be hard pressed to detract from a nicely prepped and finished Zaino vehicle.

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I would be hardpressed to detract from ANY well prepped vehicle. However, the masses of dedicated Zaino users seem to think that Z-1 & Z-2 will be all they need, with the occasional use of Z-5. I just have so many quams with this, Z-5 is hardly a great product, atleast in the uses I have seen. Zaino pushes their entire "system" as a necessity for proper results, but it is not a necessity. I guess I try to bring down Zaino too much, given that it is a good synthetic protectant, I guess it just irritates me that most of its users refuse to look at other products. I used to be that way when I was a Zaino user, then I decided I should read more, and look at me now.

PB does have a great number of advantages. Price is an obvious advantage as well as working in the sun.

So besides price and sun tolerance, what other main selling points can you guys think up?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information