Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poorboy`s World Product Updates

Quote Originally Posted by doublel
    Sounds like your chemist is one busy talented dude. Or you are a slave driver demanding more, more, more, better, better, better ... :rolling
    As my wife once said, "I`m glad I have my own job"

Funny thing is he was supposed to go on vacation 3 weeks ago for a 10 day rest, but now he`s thinking long weekend

btw...he really is good and i just found a case of the new VOC compliant QD+ while finishing the unpacking of yesterday`s shipment...samples to be sent out later next week...
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Leather Scent? Those are hard to find! My fiance loves leather scent in her car.

Post Thanks / Like

Aww, why did I have to miss that Steve?? I want the cherry one!
    p.s. my mom says she wants it too! She got addicted to nl..

Post Thanks / Like

I had a chance to check out some of the new PB products over the last few days.

The new spray scents are pretty interesting. The cherry smells like a lighter version of the Natural Look smell - very pleasant . I don`t generally like the smell of new cars (plastic and carpet fumes), but the Poorboy spray scent actually reminds me more of laundry detergent or carpet cleaner. It smells a little like someone has just steam cleaned the carpets. The leather scent does resemble leather, though I was instructed by Steve to only spray it onto the carpet or into the vents. It`s not supposed to be sprayed directly onto leather seats. Maybe Steve can provide some more clarification on that, but I think there may be the possibility of discoloration if one were to spray the leather itself (especially untreated leather).

The weather finally cleared up enough for me to do the spring exterior cleanup detail on my daily driver. I used Poorboy`s clay, SSR1, and the new formula of EX-P. I`ve been a big fan of EX-P since the first prototype samples came out in late 2003. I never had problems using the prototypes or the first production version, and I really liked the way the product looked (especially on light metallics). So, I was afraid that the new version might in some way take away from "the look". I`m happy to report that my fears were unfounded. The new version spreads much further (a little goes a really long way with a PC) and is extremely easy to wipe off. I even left it on overnight, and the residue just seemed to disappear with a simple wipe of the cloth (velvet smooth MF towel). The new version also leaves the surface slicker than the old version. Even though a single coat looked great, I plan to add a second coat sometime during the next few days for complete and even coverage.

I`m actually looking forward to bug season so I can give the Bug Squash a try. I`m also interested in trying the new leather conditioner prototype.

Boss_429

Quote Originally Posted by awd330
    I`m actually looking forward to bug season so I can give the Bug Squash a try.
    That is truly sad!

P.S. Nice review Marj!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boss_429
    That is truly sad!
    I know. I`ll regret it about 3 days into bug season. :doh

Post Thanks / Like

The new version of EX has been officially released...many distributors have the new version....just like EX-P, there are no label changes but it is thinner and a bit easier to spread. Increased slickness and durability will also be noticed, not that any of you ever leave a finish alone for too long:lol

Fragrences/ Deodorizers...We received Cherry like Natural Look, Leather ....I`m not sure what leather in a bottle is supposed to smell like:dunno, and New Car I`m not sure this is just like a new car, but it does smell like it could neutralize a cars interior scent...very clean smelling...., we also now have the scent of Spray and Wipe and Vanilla.
    These Fragrences (16oz with sprayer) will be randomly(scent) inserted into every order over $35(price before shipping included) for FREE, as long as the supply lasts. Anyone placing an order with a preference in scent should send me a pm or e-mail.

or

A FREE 16oz Bug Squash until supplies are gone...

ps...The $35 can not be comprised of warehouse clearance items....as stated in the warehouse clearance thread or special sale items..sorry

:wait :wait
    We are always open to new ideas for products, so if you have any thought for new products, please feel free to send me a pm or e-mail..
    Steve:hippi
    Last edited by Poorboy; 07-24-2005 at 06:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried out the cherry (NL) fragrance last week. I misted a squirt or two on the front floor mats. The smell made me hungry , not sure if that`s good or not...

After 3 days, I`d say 90% or more of the fragrance was gone.

I also had a chance to try out some Bug Squash on tar, and it works well. I diluted it 50/50.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I have a bottle of the Leather conditioner. I recv`d it mistakenly instead of Natural Look. Opened it up and the cherry smell didn`t :beat me in the face. Then I thought how I was going to get the thick stuff to squirt through the nozel :lol. Come to find out I think I was given the prototype leather conditioner. Woops....

To bad I don`t have leather

Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by runnerbl
    I think I have a bottle of the Leather conditioner. I recv`d it mistakenly instead of Natural Look. Opened it up and the cherry smell didn`t :beat me in the face. Then I thought how I was going to get the thick stuff to squirt through the nozel :lol. Come to find out I think I was given the prototype leather conditioner. Woops....

To bad I don`t have leather

Brian
    No Brian, it was Natural Look and somehow it coagulated...we think it might have been one of the last few cases made as it was an isolated part of the batch and maybe the scent and was no mixed in well at that point. We were glad you pointed that out to Ranney and started looking through the last couple cases we had from that batch and found another couple cases.

The leather conditioner and cleaner prototype, which really does smells like leather:naughty will be offered for sampling at our Detail Weekend

Post Thanks / Like

As of July... here are our latest updates....Bug Squash was released this week after 9 months of various testing. From winter salt and sand to summer bugs.

We also tested some leather cleaner and conditioner at our Detailing weekend as well as some samples being sent out in random packages during the Father`s Day sale....we will await further feedback before deciding to produce, and/or change the product or not.

Natty`s Blue has been tested and sampled by many, and due to tremendous requests by individuals and distributors, it went into production this week and should be available to everyone very soon.

PwC in Blue has also shown to be a great performer and even in the extreme summer heat of NY, AZ, and CA. It has given great results and will become a permanent part of the Poorboy`s World product line.

Bird Sh#t Remover is coming to an end We have a few cases of good bottles left, and then it will be removed from our web site...we still have some stained ones left at discounted prices and those will still be available through our warehouse clearence thread as long as they last.

Air Freshener will still be placed in orders over $35 until our supply is gone, but I doubt that we will continue to carry them.

If you have an idea for a product(s) that are missing from our product line, please feel free to send a pm or e-mail. We will continue to look at tweaking our formulas to make them better as new and better raw material are available.

thanks for all your help

Steve aka Poorboy

Post Thanks / Like

No more bird sh#t remover... Damm that stuff it great I`m going to have to order some.. I`m glad the blue is sticking around. I`m going to have to get some more of that air freshener...

As far as a product you need to get some food items everytime i clean my car I get hungry maybe put some fruit roll up in there to match the smells...

Post Thanks / Like

Bug Squash works great to remove tar before claying but if used at full strength it will remove at least some of your LSP. It also is great for removing hard water stains and it works well as a glass cleaner too - thanks for the tip Steve! :rockin
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by holland_patrick
    No more bird sh#t remover... Damm that stuff it great I`m going to have to order some.. I`m glad the blue is sticking around. I`m going to have to get some more of that air freshener...

As far as a product you need to get some food items everytime i clean my car I get hungry maybe put some fruit roll up in there to match the smells...
    I have to agree on the fruit roll ups! That would be so funny! :hungry :rolling

I`ve still got a couple of bottles of the bird sh#t remover, but may need to grab a few more. Not only does it work, but it has the best name of any detailing product IMHO.
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry no food items on the horizon :whistling

but....

we have a couple new Microfiber Products to release

...a new and larger size Mega-Plush 16" x 27" that is super absorbant as well as soft and makes using QD`s like Spray and Wipe & Spray & Gloss work so much easier !!! One towel covers so much more area and the weight is unmatched.:yes:

...we also have just started carrying microfiber foam applicators which give the smoothest (Fuzz will love this one) application of waxes and sealants. A very tight and smooth weave wrapped around a sponge, speads products thin and efficiently. These are also now being included with every order of Natty`s (white & blue), EX, and EX-P ordered through me at www.poorboysworld.com

other projects in the works include the release of our new Leather conditioner/ cleaner / protectant which should be available before the Holidays...a new version of Professional Polish ....and another version of an Air Freshener that contains anti-bacteria and mold ingredients.

More info to follow :naughtyD

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information