Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering when Dwayne would start offering Poorboys 2 new products at PAC?

1. Spray & Rinse Wheel Cleaner

2. Super Slick & Suds Car Wash

:kneel

Post Thanks / Like
    Spray & Rinse Wheel Cleaner is sold exclusively by Steve but Slick & Suds should be with Dwayne soon I bet. Cmon guys keep this on the market!

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poorboy`s World Product Updates

Here`s the latest on the new Biodegradable APC ....

tried it today on few different surfaces with a dilution of 1:16 (one part APC to 16 parts water)

first experiment was my very dirty convertible top (white) on my 67 Caddy
    used a couple sprays and a soft nylon brush, aggitated for a minute and then wiped it away with a cotton towel, it came out really clean with little effort at all (can`t wait to do the whole top now)

then I tried it on carpet..cleaned some very stubborn stains very easily with a nylon brush by hand. wiped with cotton towel , lots of dirt on the white towel and a nice clean look to the red carpet.

then tried it on some cloth upholstery(red)...worked well removing the dirt and stains, but it left it a bit soapy, making me think that further dilution will be needed for the next trial 1:31 will be my next shot

then I tried it on the plastic and rubber around the shifter in my Bronco, this came out super and very clean looking, even without applying a dressing

the last test of the day came on some rubber mats, two black and one large grey on from my Equinox, the kids had spilled some sticky candy and spilled some milk and there was the sparkly stuff from school projects, just plain yucky:hurl ....placed them on top of a garbage can , sprayed them thoroughly , let them sit for a couple minutes and just rinsed them off with the hose.
    They came out spotless with no aggitation at all

tomorrow I dilute it further and see what else I can do with it ...if there is time I`ll try it in the Bronco`s engine compartment, since that is really filthy.

In an other update, so far the wheel sealant is still doing well and I`m waiting for more feed back
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Poorboy`s World Product Updates

Thanks for the update, Steve! :jump :dancin I`m already compiling a list of all the things I can`t clean until I get some Carpet, interior of `85 Civic, Pool Filter Housing, etc, etc, etc.

Norah

What will the "wheel sealant" do that my current layer of EX-P doesn`t? :dunno

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by norahcrv
    What will the "wheel sealant" do that my current layer of EX-P doesn`t? :dunno
    The wheel sealant seems to repel brake dust more effectively than regular paint sealants. It also allows dirt to be washed/wiped away more easily. I`ve been running direct comparison tests against AIO, AIO/SG, and AIO/UPP (3 different vehicles). I think Steve is running similar tests with EX-P. In all of these cases, the dedicated wheel sealant is winning the battle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KO78
    I was wondering when Dwayne would start offering Poorboys 2 new products at PAC?

1. Spray & Rinse Wheel Cleaner

2. Super Slick & Suds Car Wash

:kneel
    Dwayne has just received the Spray and Rinse Wheel Cleaner in limited quantites.

He and I will also be providing a heavy duty chemical resistant sprayer with each bottle and we highly recommend rinsing the sprayer out with water after each days use. This will prolong the life of the sprayer

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Poorboy`s World Product Updates

Quote Originally Posted by awd330
    The wheel sealant seems to repel brake dust more effectively than regular paint sealants. It also allows dirt to be washed/wiped away more easily. I`ve been running direct comparison tests against AIO, AIO/SG, and AIO/UPP (3 different vehicles). I think Steve is running similar tests with EX-P. In all of these cases, the dedicated wheel sealant is winning the battle.
    Foolish me,:doh I was just thrilled with the way the EX-P & S & W made the wheels so easy to clean

Thanks for the info Marj, - I guess there`s always something more to add to my PB wish list!!:dancin
    Last edited by norahcrv; 10-30-2004 at 11:06 PM. Reason: brain fade . . .

Post Thanks / Like

Here`s our latest product updates....

Wheel sealant will be going into production by the middle of January....all test results to this point have been very positive and there has been little if no negative feedback ....we need to design a label and pick out a jar ..we also need a name for it:dunno

QD+ replacement ....this is our new VOC compliant version, and testing will begin very soon.

Our latest product is what I call Spray and Gloss (S & G) ...this started out as Spray and Wipe , but we removed some, not all, of the cleaning ability and made it to leave a clear high gloss with the ease of S & W. No streaking and very easy to use

EX-P+ ..the replacement of EX-P is still going through testing...we will release another sample version in the near future that will be much thinner and then we`ll compare it to the other versions....the shine and slickness has definitely been improved from the testing we have seen

Bug Squash ...has begun testing and so far as a glass cleaner it is awesome...we`ll have to see where this product leads us

That`s all for now, but watch for the release of some samples real soon

Post Thanks / Like

Lee and I both really liked the wheel sealant. It goes on very easily, smells like bubble gum and is just fun to use. I did all four wheels with AIO then started with the wheel sealant and did all four wheels before removing the wheel sealant. I did one of Lee`s wheels WOWO. The sealant was a bit tougher to remove when letting it sit for 20 minutes but I think that may have had something to do with the cool damp temperatures. I`ve never seen the flake on my wheels jump out so much!!! The wheels looked great (I thought) after AIO but there was a noticeable improvement when the wheel sealant was buffed off...my batteries were low so I was limited to taking after pics only. Lee was impressed too and seemed a bit jealous that the Lexus wheels didn`t have as much flake, LOL. Most of the pics didn`t come out well due to the low light, but here are the 2 best:

I tested the Bug Squash on some tar on my rocker panels at several different dilutions...it worked will at 5:1 and took a little more effort at 10:1 but still got the job done. I`ve been using it on glass at the 10:1 dilution with good results; the 5:1 dilution will remove some etched on water marks and at full strength it becomes glass cleaner on steroids. I want to attack a friend`s Camry glass with it and some steel wool...SSR 2.5 didn`t touch the watermarks on his glass. Unfortunately it has gotten a bit cold here in Atlanta...the only bugs I got to remove were stuck on a neighbors car...may have to do an extreme makeover on that Tempo one day.

Lee posted my EX-P+ results a few weeks ago...if the newest batch is thinner I think it will be easier to apply. EX-P was my favorite sealant until I tried the +...
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

It has come to my attention that some people do not find the New Car Wash Super Slick & Suds ..slick:dunno

I just wanted to review the proper use of this product ....

For washing an individual car:

1 five gallon bucket ....take 1-2 oz of Super Slick & Suds and pour into empty clean bucket..

(also have one bucket of just plain water for rinsing your sponge or mitt....)

fill the bucket with nozzle in the bucket until the suds fill to the top.

DO NOT fill the bucket and then add the shampoo ...the product is way too concentrated to get the ingredients to breakdown properly....

you may also find that half way through your wash, you might put the hose into the bucket again and add a little more water, which will also add more suds to the bucket.

I hope this helps anyone who is not getting the results that should be gotten from the Super Slick & Suds

Chadwick's Auto Detailing membim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That`s almost funny. Of the 15 different car washes that I`ve tried, it`s definitly the SLICKEST!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by membim
    Wow! That`s almost funny. Of the 15 different car washes that I`ve tried, it`s definitly the SLICKEST!!!

that was our goal....but I`ve read from a few people that it wasn`t sooo...
    i figured I`d go over the "how to`s" to make sure everyone was on the same page.

I also have found that when people share samples and the sample comes with no information or instructions, that errors in usage can be made and then affect the outcome:dunno

Post Thanks / Like

Steve,

Does slickness always mean better cleaning ability or is there a tradeoff between properties?

I`m just wondering if there is a balance you need to achieve...
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Actually the slickness in a wash works to prevent marring of a well maintained vehicle, not really for emulsifying the dirt. If you have prepped and then coated your vehicle and it was really smooth and slick before getting dirty, then a slick wash product will help the dirt move off the vehicle with less friction. Emulsifiers on a vehicle that is in good or average shape , let`s say a clients car, would be more important to have in a wash to actually help clean the paint before a complete detail. Sort of why some people believe in using soap to remove old wax.
    Super Slick & Suds is mainly intended for those who are maintaining a car rather than those trying to strip a car of previous products, thus the slickness to prevent marring during the wash.
    Slickness also helps when using a car wash for claying, as it will allow the clay bar to glide and pick up contaminates, rather than digging in and possibly causing scratching from the clay.

Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy
    Here`s our latest product updates....

Our latest product is what I call Spray and Gloss (S & G) ...this started out as Spray and Wipe , but we removed some, not all, of the cleaning ability and made it to leave a clear high gloss with the ease of S & W. No streaking and very easy to use

Any new updates or estimated release date yet ?

Thanks !

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information