Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts on White Diamond Glaze

In October I won the Poorboy`s give away and chose White Diamond Glaze. There are no pictures so get over it, I don`t have the skills or the camera to show the before/after difference so I will simply describe it.

My car`s paint is called Blizzard White Pearl and it was in need of a full machine polish. Due to illness, long term company,Thanksgiving, Christmas, and other things I was just not in the mood to deal with it. Enter White Diamond........

Initially I chose Klasse AIO (it was at hand) to chemically clean the hood and prepare it for the Poorboy`s product. The sun was not beneficial to scoping out the hood so I used halogen lights and a Brinkmann gun to look at the hood after the AIO. It was quite the mess......a zillion little marks from using QD`s and haphazard washing over the calender year....my fault. As you get older you get lazier, sorry. I applied the White Diamond, let it take a set, and wiped it down with a quality microfiber towel. Then I went back on the "find the marring" trail with the halogens and the Brinkmann. Guess what? They were 90% disguised! I hit it again with WD, gave it a few minutes, and wiped it down. HMMMM, a bit more improvement. I`d say 95% were hidden now. I was elated! What a deep wet shine, WOW.

I went over the hood with Ultima Paint Guard Plus to lock in the Poorboys`s White Diamond and retired for the day. The next morning I broke out the halogen & Brinkmann again to give it the once over with the old eyeballs. The look was simply spectacular! I give the vast majority of the credit to the White Diamond and the UPGP sealed it in offering a tad more shine and slickness.

In short I consider the White Diamond Glaze a superior product. The results were so phenomenal that I can`t wait to use it after a full machine polish to bring the surface to its full brilliance. This did so well on a "not so hot" surface that the results on a correctly prepped surface will be nothing short of totally amazing. I can, and indeed do, recommend this product.

Thank you Steve for the product, both in the fact that I won it, and that it`s so damned good! Impressed I am, yes (in Yoda voice).
    All was done by hand this go `round.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thoughts on White Diamond Glaze

Thanks for this review. Ive been wanting to try this stuff for a while now but wasn`t sure if it would hide the incorrectable imperfections in my white Tahoe. If it`s half as good as you say it is I think I`m gonna give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

In all honesty it really did exceed my expectations. The condition of the hood was not horrible but far from faultless. It bought me some time until I`m up to doing it properly. I`ll use it again once I machine polish the entire car. The results were good enough that I will claim it as a "go to" product for light colored cars from now on.

Obviously it has its limits. It will likely help out the Tahoe but I can`t say it will cure what ails it....too many variables.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn I`m definatly going to have to get some of that for my collection. So you put wax on top of white diamond glaze? That sounds like murder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Bling View Post
    Damn I`m definatly going to have to get some of that for my collection. So you put wax on top of white diamond glaze? That sounds like murder
    Ultima Paint Guard Plus is a wipe on, walk away pure sealant. It contains zero wax. You can apply wax atop the White Diamond if you desire. Without a sealant or wax on top it would just wash off the next time you washed the car. It is strictly for looks and it does that very well. I`ll likely top it with Collinite Insulator Wax once I do the full whammy on the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the write up..I have not used the WD but have used BH on all colors and its a go to foe my higher end details especially on darker colors
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Foghorn for the review of the product. I too have been considering adding a glaze to the ol` kit bag for my personal vehicles. Sometimes there just isn`t enough time in a week to get to all the vehicles which need to be seen to. It might also be a two-way benefit for those folks who don`t want to pay for full corrections, yet still want above decent appearance for the daily driver.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

White Diamond topped with Natty`s Red is a stunning look on Ford white.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post

I like that with EX-P on top of the PB glaze for me that`s BH then the red on top
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post
    Ya had me at Ford

The white F-150 is definitely one of the targeted vehicles.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    In October I won the Poorboy`s give away and chose White Diamond Glaze. There are no pictures so get over it, I don`t have the skills or the camera to show the before/after difference so I will simply describe it.

My car`s paint is called Blizzard White Pearl and it was in need of a full machine polish. Due to illness, long term company,Thanksgiving, Christmas, and other things I was just not in the mood to deal with it. Enter White Diamond........

Initially I chose Klasse AIO (it was at hand) to chemically clean the hood and prepare it for the Poorboy`s product. The sun was not beneficial to scoping out the hood so I used halogen lights and a Brinkmann gun to look at the hood after the AIO. It was quite the mess......a zillion little marks from using QD`s and haphazard washing over the calender year....my fault. As you get older you get lazier, sorry. I applied the White Diamond, let it take a set, and wiped it down with a quality microfiber towel. Then I went back on the "find the marring" trail with the halogens and the Brinkmann. Guess what? They were 90% disguised! I hit it again with WD, gave it a few minutes, and wiped it down. HMMMM, a bit more improvement. I`d say 95% were hidden now. I was elated! What a deep wet shine, WOW.

I went over the hood with Ultima Paint Guard Plus to lock in the Poorboys`s White Diamond and retired for the day. The next morning I broke out the halogen & Brinkmann again to give it the once over with the old eyeballs. The look was simply spectacular! I give the vast majority of the credit to the White Diamond and the UPGP sealed it in offering a tad more shine and slickness.

In short I consider the White Diamond Glaze a superior product. The results were so phenomenal that I can`t wait to use it after a full machine polish to bring the surface to its full brilliance. This did so well on a "not so hot" surface that the results on a correctly prepped surface will be nothing short of totally amazing. I can, and indeed do, recommend this product.

Thank you Steve for the product, both in the fact that I won it, and that it`s so damned good! Impressed I am, yes (in Yoda voice).
    All was done by hand this go `round.

Thanks , glad you liked it and thanks for the review
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Thread Information