Quality not Quantity
    Post Thanks / Like

Product help with a 99 red f-250

It`s been awhile since I posted. It`s also been awhile since I detailed others than my own.
    The problem is a 99 red f-250. The hood and roof look fine minimal swirls good color depth no big deal. The vertical surfaces however are very bad. It looks like someone used a solvent on it. The owner has waxed it on many occasions and a week after waxing it reverts back to the same faded out look. I`m guessing that a good glaze should put the moisture back. All I have at the moment is some white diamond that made a huge improvement. I`m looking for the best glaze/polish from Poorboys. I have been a faithful user for years.

Thanks in advance
    Mal.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product help with a 99 red f-250

Quote Originally Posted by Maligno View Post
    It`s been awhile since I posted. It`s also been awhile since I detailed others than my own.
    The problem is a 99 red f-250. The hood and roof look fine minimal swirls good color depth no big deal. The vertical surfaces however are very bad. It looks like someone used a solvent on it. The owner has waxed it on many occasions and a week after waxing it reverts back to the same faded out look. I`m guessing that a good glaze should put the moisture back. All I have at the moment is some white diamond that made a huge improvement. I`m looking for the best glaze/polish from Poorboys. I have been a faithful user for years.

Thanks in advance
    Mal.
    so the paint seems to fade back how long between polishings does this happen? If you can live with some minor swirls not being removed, I would use Polish w/ Sealant (you didn`t mention if you were working by hand or machine) , White Diamond (that you already have) , and then Natty`s Blue or EX-P. That should make your red
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it is oxidized (guessing in the dark here). Perhaps Ford was using a single stage on solid colors in 1999, or perhaps it`s been repainted.

I would think a good polishing using some sort of chemical-type cleaner would do the trick. Something like Pro Polish.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Quality not Quantity
    Post Thanks / Like

The owner would use a name brand wax from wally world and a week later it was faded back out again. All of this will be done with my porter cable. I tried the white diamond that I have by hand in a couple of places and it did make a big difference. Someone jacked this paint sideways at one point and time. He bought this truck used 4.5 to 5 years ago and the color was uniform. Now the hood and roof look quite well and the sides look like your looking through skim milk laying on the paint. It just seems like a real funny way to oxidize.

Thanks for the answers guys I appreciate it.
    Mal

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the top portions were repainted with a base/clear and the other panels were not. That would explain why they look okay and the rest of the truck looks oxidized. No matter what wax or glaze you use on it, it`s going to turn milky again until you do the proper thing and polish it out. Until then, it`s all a temporary cover up.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Thread Information