Post Thanks / Like

2010 PB Detailing Weekend

Just wanted to send out some well earned Thank Q`s:

Steve, Chris thanks for doing this event year after year. It has been a great source of hands on learning and it`s also a lot fun for me.

Patrick, thanks for you tireless efforts in getting me over some of advanced correction yesterday. I would never have had the nerve to wetsand my paint without you bro! Thanks!

Marge, thank for your expert advise. I hope Florida does not keep you from the next event.

Dave-Thanks for searching me out and all your help. I appreciate your helping clear-up my buddies headlights! The whloe car looks better in large part to your work.

Ron-Thanks for your words of incouragement and helping me find the right product to clean up my kids scuffs on the door pannels. I now have a Qt of bold n bright so I can also join to finished wheel well club-Hope you have room. I hope you seriously consider joining another club--THE NON-SMOKERS CLUB. This way you can keep up with all 330 HP in the new Vert-Use it well. Should it ever need some excersise, I would be happy to help you out!

I have a whole new respect for the guys that do this for a living. This is not easy wortk and I did not even attempt to do my interior or glass yesterday. I was on the car from 9AM-till past closing.

Have a great Sunday and I hope to see you all at the next event!

Wishing you all a swirl free, tight beading finish!

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2010 PB Detailing Weekend

Good to see you again Jeff, glad you were able to break through and use some wax
    POLLEN is Evil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G.T.Subie View Post
    Good to see you again Jeff, glad you were able to break through and use some wax
    Good to see you again. Awesome job on upkeep on your ride.

For what it`s worth, i really like your wheels. I moved away from stock rims to AM BBS on an M3 I had and it was a nightmare. Aftermarket rims are not as up to the punishment as stock rims. i was also disapointed in the finish quality.

Just my 2 cents

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeff we are glad you could make it and your shoulder was fully healed.
    Now we just need to get you a watch

I think your car came out great and wax is not a dirty word
    Yes, Dave did an awesome job on your friend Steve`s headlights

See you again soon
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

"Luck" Residue of design tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeff, You and your friend Steve are more than welcome. It was real nice hanging with you two and helping out a little too. Thanks for the towels too although like you I wasn`t going into the interior this weekend. I`ll let you know how I like them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    I think your car came out great and wax is not a dirty word
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    jUST POURED LIKE A SHOWER. mY CAR WAS BEADING LIKE CRAZY. hIT IT WITH A LEAFT BLOWER AND IT LOOKS GREAT. i THINK THE nlb SHED WATER BETTER THAN THE SEALANT i USED PREVIOUSLY.

cAR LOOK GREAT.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    jUST POURED LIKE A SHOWER. mY CAR WAS BEADING LIKE CRAZY. hIT IT WITH A LEAFT BLOWER AND IT LOOKS GREAT. i THINK THE nlb SHED WATER BETTER THAN THE SEALANT i USED PREVIOUSLY.

cAR LOOK GREAT.
    Welcome honorary wax waster
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any spotting on the car? I`m having this problem after the rain I didn`t even get to keep it shiny for one day. It`s better than before, but even under artificial light I can see some.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by awns729s View Post
    Is there any spotting on the car? I`m having this problem after the rain I didn`t even get to keep it shiny for one day. It`s better than before, but even under artificial light I can see some.
    If I had to guess, and I am new at this, the spots were probably there all along. Spots on top of wax are easy to remove with washing or QD if the car is very clean will generally remove them.

As for my car so far, no spotting. It rained here all afternoon and I hit it with the leaf blower when I got home. Looked really great. My car is a DD and sits outside 24x7. I only get spotting if the car is dirty and it rains lightly enough to disturb the surface dirt but not wash it off or if I wash the car in direct sun and don`t dry it off quickly (this leaves the minerals in the water behind as nasty water spots). Either washing or Pro Polish get this pretty easily. I used to use vinegar for water spots with limited success.

Hang in there. I have encountered almost every problem know to man on my cars. Through asking questions here, and attending the PB detail weekend I can honestly say I know enough to solve most of the 101 problems. I no longer damage my car when I wash it (double bucket w/Grit Guards). I can remove micro marring and I am getting better slowly. I have fun with it but I do remember getting discouraged at times. You need to make a decision to plow through the tough times or hire someone to do it for you. I guess you could leave well enough alone but that was never an option for me.

Good luck and ask specific, detailed questions or post problems and the products, pads and processes used and you will geT answers here. Be careful not to remble too much (my problem) or you will get fewer responses! Stick to a problem per post. And if you can add pictures, it helps the pro`s diagnose the issue for you better.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff - that`s good advice. I know what you mean about the one question per post gets the best response. Thanks man I`ll see if spray and gloss has an effect, and if not I`ll go get some pick up QD

Btw - GT Subie (Matt) - The tires are aaaaaaaawesome haha so much better than the old Coopers I had, wow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Just wanted to send out some well earned Thank Q`s:

Patrick, thanks for you tireless efforts in getting me over some of advanced correction yesterday. I would never have had the nerve to wetsand my paint without you bro! Thanks!

Wishing you all a swirl free, tight beading finish!

Jeff
    Not a Problem Jeff.. I was more then happy to do it for ya...

Thread Information