Post Thanks / Like

Lasting Impressions

I have a good friend. I`ve worked on his vehicles for years (mechanically speaking) though I`ve never detailed one of his cars. He`s a contractor and actually let me "use his name" while I built my house. You have to have a general when building in Utah. He saved me a small fortune by letting me bring in different friends (subs) to do all of the work. He made very little off of me during my build and was always there when I needed a hand. He`s a very fussy individual and his vehicles are always very clean. I can`t tell you that there isn`t swirl marks on them but he takes good care of everything he owns.

Well about the time I built my home apparently I gave him a tub of wax. It`s been a while and I don`t remember doing this though he`s reminded me often. Many times over the past 6 years he`s commented on what a wonderful wax I had given him. I honestly couldn`t remember what it was and would have guessed it might have been Megs #12. He`s told me time and again that he saves it and only uses it on his vehicles and that his wifes car doesn`t get the good stuff.

I fix his snowblowers, plows, lawnmowers and vehicles any time he asks. It`s the least I can do for all he`s done for me. He needed his A/C charged today and I told him I would be happy to do it. He came by and to my surprise brought the old empty container of Natty`s with him. He asked me if I could find anymore of this miracle product, he had looked and never been able to find it.

I didn`t have any Natty`s regular on hand but I had both Red and a couple of tubs of Blue in the cabinet. I gave him a tub of blue and told him he would like this even better than what he had used. I explained to him that when waxing less is more. He probably listened the last time I told him this as what I had given him had lasted him a long time. He opened it and smelled the bubble gum scent. It was like watching a kid at Christmas, he was ever so grateful. I have no doubt he`ll be using it this week end. Just goes to show you that you don`t have to be an aficionado to appreciate a quality product. I really made this guys day.

Steve, once again "ya done good" and didn`t even know it.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lasting Impressions

thanks Mark
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice story. .
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like

About 15 years ago I made a lasting impression on a couple guy`s.
    A good friend of mine was on the pit crew of a sprint car.
    I went with them one night and we had a problem with the car as he was qualifying and it turned out to be a bad magneto.

He had a spare mag so we changed mags but when we got it in they were calling the numbers for the first heat race and he was in it.

The driver/owner and one other guy on the crew said we can`t make it we need to push the car to get it running and bring it back into the pit to use a timing light.

I ask if anyone smoked and one guy said he did, I said give me the cellophane wrapper off your pack.
    I put it between the points on the mag and had my buddy to move the mag, I knew that he knew what I was going to do but none of the others did.
    I told the driver to get in and hook his belt and put on his helmet get ready to go.

When we got just the right drag on the cellophane we locked the mag in place.
    We had a push truck their waiting so as soon as we got the hood on they pushed him off.

He got a second place and when he came into the pit and we put a timing light on it the timing was right on the money.

The 2 younger guys talked about that for years they could not believe I timed it without a light but they did not understand enough about how it worked or they would have known it would work and was not a miracle.

That sure left a Impression on those guy`s

Thread Information