Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Good News .. Cast/Boot is off

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Man, sorry to hear that. I had to do the compression sock for a while after the knee was replaced. Do they worry about blood clots associated with your swelling? Socks can help reduce the risk here also. My experience is that they do help reduce pain. You have to put them on either after icing down or when you first get up in the morning. As you are no doubt aware, once you`ve been on it swelling starts and makes it all but impossible to get the sock on.
    yeah I know .. it`s a very strange feeling to walk around with an ankle that is wider than my shoe ..it also feels like my skin is bulging and very uncomfortable... glad I kept the socks from my heart surgery days, but will probably use the boot in the evenings
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you still require a few seated sessions with your ankle/foot at elevation. Especially at the end of the day when our feet swell a bit anyway. Proceed w/caution...baby steps...no need for any setbacks.

LOL at RTexasF`s "tenderfoot" comment. Don`t want to go around any corners too quickly and make a misstep. Owwww.....
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Sounds like you still require a few seated sessions with your ankle/foot at elevation. Especially at the end of the day when our feet swell a bit anyway. Proceed w/caution...baby steps...no need for any setbacks.

LOL at RTexasF`s "tenderfoot" comment. Don`t want to go around any corners too quickly and make a misstep. Owwww.....

just came back from the girls softball game and am doing just that ..ice over and under ... I think I caught elephantitis as I can`t tell where my calf ends and my ankle starts

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    just came back from the girls softball game and am doing just that ..ice over and under ... I think I caught elephantitis as I can`t tell where my calf ends and my ankle starts
    You know there is a term for that...cankles...it is not a complimentary term.

Keep up the regimen. You are probably on your way to recovery, and don`t want to do anything to delay that. I don`t recall the timeline for my recovery, but I know 10 weeks wasn`t the end of the line.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    You know there is a term for that...cankles...it is not a complimentary term.

Keep up the regimen. You are probably on your way to recovery, and don`t want to do anything to delay that. I don`t recall the timeline for my recovery, but I know 10 weeks wasn`t the end of the line.
    doctor said the swelling would continue up to 6 months

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information