Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poorboy`s World April Bi-Monthly Give-aways

I would like to win some Poorboy`s World products - bug squash

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 04Si View Post
    I am disillusioned I am convinced that Poorboy`s gives away what they have excess inventory on not a random drawing. Call me a skeptic, but I just call them as I see them. You can see there are regulars that alway sign in and check. If I am wrong why not give 48hrs to claim and pick another. Poorboys is bound to make a loyalist happy.
    What`s with the attitude, Shane? In your eleven posts since 2004, you have accused two highly reputable companies, Poorboy`s World and Autogeek, of dishonest business dealings.

With your electrical engineering background, I would expect to see empirical data presented to support your position. I find no evidence whatsoever.

You have presumably attained an advanced degree and are aware of basic concepts of civil law, including libel. You are on the slippery slope in my opinion.

Your argument is specious and self-contradictory. If you feel that Poorboy`s contests favor "regulars," limiting the claim period to forty eight hours merely enhances that disadvantage to occasional forum users. Please do not infer that I agree that there is anything inherently wrong with giving anyone an advantage, as long as the rules are clearly stated.

You come to this forum with allegations of wrongdoing in the automotive field and we`re all over it. Likewise when you unfairly attack our friends.
    JohnHenry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHenry View Post
    What`s with the attitude, Shane? In your eleven posts since 2004, you have accused two highly reputable companies, Poorboy`s World and Autogeek, of dishonest business dealings.

With your electrical engineering background, I would expect to see empirical data presented to support your position. I find no evidence whatsoever.

You have presumably attained an advanced degree and are aware of basic concepts of civil law, including libel. You are on the slippery slope in my opinion.

Your argument is specious and self-contradictory. If you feel that Poorboy`s contests favor "regulars," limiting the claim period to forty eight hours merely enhances that disadvantage to occasional forum users. Please do not infer that I agree that there is anything inherently wrong with giving anyone an advantage, as long as the rules are clearly stated.

You come to this forum with allegations of wrongdoing in the automotive field and we`re all over it. Likewise when you unfairly attack our friends.
    Who is the winner this time?

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I am disillusioned I am convinced that Poorboy`s gives away what they have excess inventory on not a random drawing. Call me a skeptic, but I just call them as I see them. You can see there are regulars that alway sign in and check. If I am wrong why not give 48hrs to claim and pick another. Poorboys is bound to make a loyalist happy.
    I think we should all be thankful that Steve even takes the time and effort to have this contest....I for one am most appreciative...

Maestro of Microfiber
    Post Thanks / Like

I am disillusioned I am convinced that Poorboy`s gives away what they have excess inventory on not a random drawing. Call me a skeptic, .....
    You,re right! It is brutally unfair that someone gives away TOTALLY FREE PRODUCT with nothing more required of the recipient than a post. Normally, the better the product, the more work is required of entrants.

Poorboy could ask that we successfully solve world hunger, wrestle an alligator or date a two-bagger and her ugly sister to win. Nah, he only wants an e-mail.

If I were you, I wouldn`t enter this unfair travesty. That improves my chances
    My Indian Name is "Runs With Beer"

Post Thanks / Like

Some people are just gonna be whiny no matter what.

Haters gone hate.....
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post

Haters gone hate.....
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

like I said call me a skeptic. Maybe poor loser ;-). I am entitled to an opinion. You don`t have to like it. Just like when someone does a product review. So thanks for your opinion John Henry. Make this post 12 and final. I will stick to reading and observing.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Who is the winner this time?
    we are away at a show and the box with numbers is back at the office ..

or..............................................

I can pick one of my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I think we should all be thankful that Steve even takes the time and effort to have this contest....I for one am most appreciative...
    thanks Pat

Quote Originally Posted by MDerleth View Post
    You,re right! It is brutally unfair that someone gives away TOTALLY FREE PRODUCT with nothing more required of the recipient than a post. Normally, the better the product, the more work is required of entrants.

Poorboy could ask that we successfully solve world hunger, wrestle an alligator or date a two-bagger and her ugly sister to win. Nah, he only wants an e-mail.

If I were you, I wouldn`t enter this unfair travesty. That improves my chances
    wow .. solve world hunger, nah ... i eat ok ask Ron ... but if I could get someone to make a magic fat pill or instant hair regrowth ..then let`s talk here

no really all i would like is people to check back after entering a free contest

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post

Haters gone hate.....
    oh stop whining about whiners just wait until yours are old enough to be good whiners

like I said call me a skeptic. Maybe poor loser ;-). I am entitled to an opinion. You don`t have to like it. Just like when someone does a product review. So thanks for your opinion John Henry. Make this post 12 and final. I will stick to reading and observing.
    you are entitled and there is no need to stop posting ... but the internet is so faceless and there is no need for anger or unhappiness the beauty of the internet is that you may come and go as you wish and if something makes you unhappy then don`t go there .... remember my signature ... life is short do it while you can
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    remember my signature ... life is short do it while you can
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

i, for one have always looked foward to the poorboys bi-monthly contest. and in this economy i give him nothing but credit for doing them. and it will give me a chance to try out his product line if and when i win. i have always checked back the 15th and the 1st of each month.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    we are away at a show and the box with numbers is back at the office ..

or..............................................

I can pick one of my friends
    A box full of numbers? Kinda low tech... there`s Random Number Generators all over the net:

RANDOM.ORG - True Random Number Service

TL

Post Thanks / Like

No, Shane, it is NOT "just like a product review."

You have previously accused Autogeek of running a "scam" by not truly giving away a Flex. I guess that makes Gearhead, the Flex winner, a liar, as well as defaming a respected company.

Now you tell us that Poorboy`s World is dishonest when it runs "not a random" drawing for a product give-away.

We are simply expecting to see some reason for your having made these allegations.

This is my last post on the subject. As you are apparently unable to put up, I, for one, am happy that you have decided to shut up.
    JohnHenry

Post Thanks / Like

John Henry, okay you bait me into another post. Please be more thorough on your research. I think you will find that at no time ever did I accuse Autogeek of not giving away a Flex. Who is defaming now? You should post 1 more time admitting your were wrong on this one.

I admit i am guilty of being skeptical on the Poorboys giveaway and also acknowledged my comments were based on being a poor loser. Now man up and admit you have wrongly accused me of something I did not do with respect to the Autogeek/Flex biz.

As poorboy suggested you should lighten up. He has moved on.

Post Thanks / Like

I can certainly see how JohnHenry would have gotten the impression that you accused AG of running a scam as that is exactly what you were questioning in the following thread:

http://www.detailcity.org/forums/aut...tml#post247433

Okay, so who got one?

Another Scam?
    And yes, I got a Flex in that give away.

Now you may say, "I questioned their integrity instead of out and out accusing them of being dishonest" but I didn`t see any smiley following your question in that post. We all got your drift and I would conclude the same thing JohnHenry did.

As poorboy suggested you should lighten up. He has moved on.
    As far as someone lightening up, yes perhaps they should.

I will end this post by telling you that both AutoGeek and PoorBoys deliver exactly as claimed. There is no conspiracy going on, period. It is too bad people win a prize and don`t bother to claim it.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information