Post Thanks / Like

Spray and Rinse Dilutions

Long time PB`s user here (started in 2004) and love the products!!!!! Slowly getting back to detailing (life got in the way) as I`ve got a new car and intend to keep it that way.

So I picked up some Spray and Rinse and used it for the first time this past weekend. WOW! It got my wife`s rims on her Escape looking brand new - the dust on them was crazy. I used at full strength on both hers and my cars.

Now that they are clean (and will be clean), what`s a good dilution for weekly or every other week cleaning? I`ve searched and seen 4:1, 1:1, 2:1 but I`m not sure what to use.

Both cars are Fords and the wheels have not (and probably won`t) been sealed...

Any help will be appreciated!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spray and Rinse Dilutions

Quote Originally Posted by itguy09 View Post
    Long time PB`s user here (started in 2004) and love the products!!!!! Slowly getting back to detailing (life got in the way) as I`ve got a new car and intend to keep it that way.

So I picked up some Spray and Rinse and used it for the first time this past weekend. WOW! It got my wife`s rims on her Escape looking brand new - the dust on them was crazy. I used at full strength on both hers and my cars.

Now that they are clean (and will be clean), what`s a good dilution for weekly or every other week cleaning? I`ve searched and seen 4:1, 1:1, 2:1 but I`m not sure what to use.

Both cars are Fords and the wheels have not (and probably won`t) been sealed...

Any help will be appreciated!!!!
    Depends on how often you wash them.

Once clean I only use soap and water on my wheels but I wash them 2-3 times per week

Post Thanks / Like

<--- lazy

I don`t dilute it.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I mix mine 4 part water to 1 part cleaner..that said once you`ve got them real clean and you wash pretty often you could get away with 10 to 1 IMO
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips. Sinc I`m on a weekly or at worst every other week schedule for washing (with spray and wipes as neded) I guess I`ll try 4 to 1 and go stronger from there. I definitely don`t want to eat the finish of the rims off!

Post Thanks / Like

I too love Spray and rinse. If I have to clean a really rough set of rims Spray and Rinse is my go to product. For a maintainance wash I would not use it 1:1 water to Spray and Rinse. I would use at least 4:1 or maybe weaker 5:1. It also depends on the rim finish. On my GF`s escape which has a relatively tough finish 1:4 is fine on my TBSS which as a faux chrome finish the strongest I would go is 10:1. Thank god I tried the stuff on a inner barrel on those rims or I would have really messed up the rims on my TBSS.

Acrylic Paint Conditioner Gus-Gus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

what dilution would you suggest to strip a titanium ring

*hugs his bottle of pro polish*
    "One day you will have to stop being a Muppet...So take the hand out of yer butt and walk for yourself."

Claying does not mean "High end". It means quality/caring. So would actually learning a trade instead of "Hey I can wash and wax a car, so I`ma gonna be a detailer."

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what the finish is on my wheels. All it says is "premium painted luster nickel aluminum wheel" so my guess is some type of clearcoat that is layered on the polished wheel.

On the wife`s Escape it feels like some kind of plastic coating or something - it`s a 2003 and they are the standard wheels.

I think I`ll start at 5:1 and work up/down from there.

Post Thanks / Like

My Gf`s escape is a 2k3 too and I have used it full strength without any problems. Although it barely budged the crud built up on the inner barrels but you can only see them hen changing the wheels. Like I said tyr diffrent dilutions to find what works best. Just remember start weak and work up until something works.

Thread Information