Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving to Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Moving to Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Actually for those of us who are a little older know there was the Dallas Tornados long before the FC Dallas. Several star soccer players played for the Torndados. Won a championship in the early 70s IIRC.

Starting in Allen, well I`m sorry about that. That is kind of where we send all the newcomers. LOL Wylie is east of Lake Lavon and probably has some horse friendly propery. The town of Lavon is out in that same area, though I don`t know much about it. There have been lots of changes in the real estate landscape in that area recently. Murphy is south of Wylie on 78, I think it had lot restrictions of not less than 5 acres, but I don`t know if that still holds true or even what is available.
    at that same time - the Houston Hurricanes were in the same league.

WE have seen properties in Wylie, Nevada, Caddo Mills, Royse City. We will have time to look around after we get settled.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pockets View Post
    Happy as well as sad to hear that Trent we will miss you a lot no more making Pockets carry your 5 gallon to your car lol ....... good luck with the house and tell Jen I said "HI"
    Someone else is just going to have to step up, buy a 5 gal jug and have you haul it to their car.

Jen says hello

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 9D4E420 View Post
    Best of luck with the move. You will be able to detail more months out of the year now. We`ll remember you in spirit at the next PB Detail Weekend
    Thanks Kurt - I was really hoping to sell my house later and close in mid summer. This way I could have made the detailing weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by G.T.Subie View Post
    Best of luck with everything, at least you will have nicer weather most of the year.
    Thanks Matt

Am looking forward to warmer weather and longer months of detailing.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redwings97 View Post
    WE have seen properties in Wylie, Nevada, Caddo Mills, Royse City. We will have time to look around after we get settled.
    I didn`t go quite that far east. I was thinking a little closer to Lake Lavon. I would place those closer to Lake Ray Hubbard. Once you get over there (off I-30), there`s also Rockwall and Heath. Don`t know how rural you want to get, but there are probably quite a few unicorporated areas also. Depending on your viewpoint, those areas have their benefits and drawbacks. Yeah, there is lots of ground to cover.

So are you bringing horse(s) with you?
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw this....best of luck on the move!
    2010 Hyundai Santa Fe - Harbor Gray

Even sometimes I, in a moment of what could only be described as pure sanity, question the rationality of this obsession.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn`t go quite that far east. I was thinking a little closer to Lake Lavon. I would place those closer to Lake Ray Hubbard. Once you get over there (off I-30), there`s also Rockwall and Heath. Don`t know how rural you want to get, but there are probably quite a few unicorporated areas also. Depending on your viewpoint, those areas have their benefits and drawbacks. Yeah, there is lots of ground to cover.

So are you bringing horse(s) with you?
    Well my wifes new office is located between Lake Lavon (in the middle of the v). We have one horse but will leave him here until we get our property.

Quote Originally Posted by OCDinPDX View Post
    Just saw this....best of luck on the move!
    Thanks OCD

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redwings97 View Post
    Well my wifes new office is located between Lake Lavon (in the middle of the v). We have one horse but will leave him here until we get our property.

OK, over on that side you`ve got Farmersville, Princeton, Lucas and just farther north on 75 you`ve got McKinney. Lots of options. Of course all of those areas have become built up over the years, but there might still be some land available I don`t know.

Is this company relocating their headquarters here? New construction, or existing?
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

OK, over on that side you`ve got Farmersville, Princeton, Lucas and just farther north on 75 you`ve got McKinney. Lots of options. Of course all of those areas have become built up over the years, but there might still be some land available I don`t know.

Is this company relocating their headquarters here? New construction, or existing?
    Their is a new facility (Caron Treatment Centers) being built. The headwuarteds are here in PA. It is a 40 bed facility and most of the construction is complete. Offices should be open in May and they open in July. It sits on 40+ acres which gives them plenty of room for expansion. That is exactly what is going to happen. They are opening the 40 beds for adults, but am sure they will eventually have young adults, adolescence with everything being separated into mens and womens units.

my wife and I have been keeping an eye on some houses for sale that come with land allowing horses. Anywhere from 2 acres to 23 acres. We have seen some sold over the past few months, but just will take our time when we get down there to look.

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, looks like Texas is the place to be.....
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information