Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you use a glaze over a sealent or paste wax?

Quote Originally Posted by cwcad View Post
    I have never thought of Black Hole as an AIO. I thought it was a covering glaze with some protection but not in the realm of a sealant.
    It has non-abrasive cleaners in it. Here`s the copy straight from the Poorboy`s World site,

Enjoy a show car shine all the time!

Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze is formulated exclusively for dark colored vehicles. The glaze cleans and fills light swirl marks to leave a brilliant, glossy, slick show car shine. Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze can be applied any time to hide minor imperfections and to enhance gloss on black, red, and all dark vehicles.

Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze for Dark Vehicles makes it easy to maintain a show car shine, even on daily drivers. You know how tough it is to detail as often as you’d like. You can’t get out the polisher for every new swirl. Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze for Dark Vehicles allows you to hide minor imperfections on dark vehicles until you can remove them.

In addition to disguising blemishes, Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze for Dark Vehicles cleans the paint. Swirls can be more noticeable when they’re filled with grime, so this special formula lifts out dirt and then fills in swirls with glaze. In just one quick step, your vehicle will be swirl-free, incredibly glossy, and slick!

Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze for Dark Vehicles is for any dark paint, including clear coats, single stage or ceramics. Blacks and reds can be tough to maintain but Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze keeps them looking good every day.

Just like all Poorboys products, Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze for Dark Vehicles can be applied in the sun or shade. Apply it by hand or machine to create an extremely slick, glossy surface. Use glaze before applying your favorite wax or sealant. The last step product will lock in the fillers to keep your paint looking great until your next detail.

Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze for Dark Vehicles can even be applied to chrome and show plating!

Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze for Dark Vehicles is a wipe on, let it haze, and then buff off product. Spread with a soft, clean foam applicator,(If applying by machine, set your polisher to a low speed) and work until a shine begins to appear. Allow it to dry to a haze and then buff off with a clean, soft microfiber towel, like our DMT’s or Mega-Plush towels.

If your vehicle has more severe swirls and scratches, use Poorboys swirl removers to perfect the paint. Then apply Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze for Dark Vehicles to improve gloss. Finally, top the paint with Poorboys World EX Sealant with Carnauba and/ or Natty’s Blue Paste Wax.

Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze for Dark Vehicles makes it easy to maintain a show car perfect shine all the time! Wipe it on, let it haze, buff it off, and enjoy the shine.
    Basically it can be used alone, or just before lsp is applied in a multi-step process.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok it says it but...... I never used it like that.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ArmstrongDetailing View Post
    It has non-abrasive cleaners in it. Here`s the copy straight from the Poorboy`s World site,

Basically it can be used alone, or just before lsp is applied in a multi-step process.
    Where does it say use alone? well, other than for show cars
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    Where does it say use alone? well, other than for show cars
    Oh never mind. This statement here can lead people to believe it is a stand alone product-

In just one quick step, your vehicle will be swirl-free, incredibly glossy, and slick!
    I always assume we are talking about show cars when we are talking glaze. Glaze doesn`t last long enough to be good for anything else IMO. If it did then why would there be a need for polishing at all? We could just use glaze and keep maximum amount of paint on the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cwcad View Post
    I have never thought of Black Hole as an AIO. I thought it was a covering glaze with some protection but not in the realm of a sealant.
    I just re-read this and I misunderstood your reasoning here when I responded. The fact that it cleans and offers any degree of protection at all makes it an AIO to me, but I never said it compared to a sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I could agree with this but I don`t. The sealant or wax levels the surface without concealing the scratch in most cases. This seals the scratch in, much like the clear film scenario I used before. The only way you`re going to fill it is by removing the sealant or wax first. We are talking about micro scratches here not ones you feel with your fingernail right?
    Troy,

I`ve used PH over sealant / waxes / etc, a number of times. I have to say that it dose cover the swirls. I fully understand what you are saying about the swirls being under the LSP but its worked for me. That`s just my .02 on it
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    Troy,

I`ve used PH over sealant / waxes / etc, a number of times. I have to say that it dose cover the swirls. I fully understand what you are saying about the swirls being under the LSP but its worked for me. That`s just my .02 on it
    I`m no expert on glaze. You guys have done it, so you must know what you`re talking about. It doesn`t make sense to me though. If I did this and it hid the scratches I would tend to believe it compromised my sealant either by mixing with it or removing it. That`s the only way I see it being possible.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m no expert on glaze. You guys have done it, so you must know what you`re talking about. It doesn`t make sense to me though. If I did this and it hid the scratches I would tend to believe it compromised my sealant either by mixing with it or removing it. That`s the only way I see it being possible.
    I`m with you Troy. I think it must remove some of the LSP since it does have cleaners in it. I wouldn`t call it an aggressive cleaner but I bet it could strip some weak LSP`s off....Either way it doesn`t matter to me, all I know is that it does work.
    D-Trick Detailing
    Missed a spot!

Post Thanks / Like

I can agree with that
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

If I do it, I always add sealant and or wax over anyway.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just my 2 cents...

If a surface has below surface defects, for example swirls, like in Cobweb Swirls day-in, day-out wear and tear.

Anything you apply that leaves itself behind on the surface is going to act to fill or mask the swirls to some degree.

If you apply a wax or sealant first over the swirls, if the wax or sealant is actually leaving itself behind on the surface, that is it`s coating over and depositing itself, this it`s going to mask or fill to some degree.

Now if after applying the wax or sealant you apply a glaze of some type, if it doesn`t remove any previously applied layer of product and it leaves itself behind on top of the wax or sealant, then it to is going to mask or fill to some degree.

Back in 2003 I was involved in some extensive testing of different waxes, sealants and glazes and their ability to fill and mask swirls and suffice to say, some products are better than others but most work to some degree.

Mike Phillips
    Host - Competition Ready on Velocity Channel
    Director of Training Autogeek & Marine 31
    Competition Ready Facebook Page
    Mike Phillips Facebook Page
    Twitter
    Instagram

Click on a book to get your own copy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information