Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spray & Rinse Questions

Steve

That`s using a power washer as well, maybe JP is only using the regular hose, that can make a huge difference
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    Steve

That`s using a power washer as well, maybe JP is only using the regular hose, that can make a huge difference

true but you can already see from the picture of the soaking the dirt was breaking down that was about 2-3 minutes ... truck hadn`t been washed since September
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve got the exact same wheels on my Tundra, and it doesn`t do that. I might give it another try Sunday and see what I can do. I just wish someone besides me had experienced this so maybe I could get an answer as to what I am doing wrong.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post
    I`ve got the exact same wheels on my Tundra, and it doesn`t do that. I might give it another try Sunday and see what I can do. I just wish someone besides me had experienced this so maybe I could get an answer as to what I am doing wrong.
    JP

In don`t think you are doing anything wrong. I have used this product for years. I don`t have a PW to spray off and really I think that`s one of the keys to not having to use a brush,

My method is to wet the rim, spray on a liberal amount if they are real bad I use 100% but my everyday mix is 4 to 1. Let that dwell for 3 to 5 minutes while I do other things on the car, then use a brush with soapy water to agitated the areas and rinse. Most of the time all comes clean unless its in the back of the rim and that can take additional product and brushing
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post
    I figured that you had the same rims that is why we took pictures before we got started ...almost forgot

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Not trying to take the discussion to far off course, but are my eyes deceiving me or doesn that wand have 2 tips (green/red)? Nice looking wand too.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Not trying to take the discussion to far off course, but are my eyes deceiving me or doesn that wand have 2 tips (green/red)? Nice looking wand too.
    one is power the other is low volume and soap

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    true but you can already see from the picture of the soaking the dirt was breaking down that was about 2-3 minutes ... truck hadn`t been washed since September
    Truck hadn`t been washed since September
    I must be doing something wrong I have washed my Explorer 6 times in 2 weeks I wash every time I drive it.

I need to move to New York where the roads are clean every time I take mine out this time of year I get about 5/10 of a mile before it is filthy.

"Luck" Residue of design tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Your truck hasn`t been washed since September? And to think, Pockets even got a Christmas bonus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by black bart View Post
    Truck hadn`t been washed since September
    I must be doing something wrong I have washed my Explorer 6 times in 2 weeks I wash every time I drive it.

I need to move to New York where the roads are clean every time I take mine out this time of year I get about 5/10 of a mile before it is filthy.
    oh it`s been dirty bart but between all the rain we had , the water in the house, and then the sudden cold weather ..I learned to live with it

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    Your truck hasn`t been washed since September? And to think, Pockets even got a Christmas bonus.
    yeah I had him busy doing other stuff ... we were waiting for some more sample bottles to arrive so this was the day to get all that salt off my truck so it can get dirty in the rain and snow tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

The past 2 weeks we have had snow or snow showers or ice pellets nearly every day.

I go for therapy 3 times a week so every other day my vehicles is on the road so on the days that it is home I can clean it.

I``m bull headed every time I drive it I clean it, Sure used a good bit of rinse-less wash.

Good thing about being retired is I have time to do it.
    When I was a young man I did not understand how these old geezers could keep their cars for years and they still looked so good, well now I know when you don`t drive them much and spend your time detailing them while they sit in the garage the mileage is low and they look good.

I`m done with the therapy now so my vehicles will remain in the garage most of the time and if I go to town for supplies I will plan it on a day when the roads are dry if possible.

Post Thanks / Like

The past 2 weeks we have had snow or snow showers or ice pellets nearly every day.

I go for therapy 3 times a week so every other day my vehicles is on the road so on the days that it is home I can clean it.

I``m bull headed every time I drive it I clean it, Sure used a good bit of rinse-less wash.

Good thing about being retired is I have time to do it.
    When I was a young man I did not understand how these old geezers could keep their cars for years and they still looked so good, well now I know when you don`t drive them much and spend your time detailing them while they sit in the garage the mileage is low and they look good.

I`m done with the therapy now so my vehicles will remain in the garage most of the time and if I go to town for supplies I will plan it on a day when the roads are dry if possible.

yes being young or old has its advantages in the case of car care ... before i was married and had kids, you could eat or operate on my cars ...
    hopefully when my kids grow up I will have the time and energy to make them look like yours

Post Thanks / Like

yes being young or old has its advantages in the case of car care ... before i was married and had kids, you could eat or operate on my cars ...
    hopefully when my kids grow up I will have the time and energy to make them look like yours
    My problem is I don`t feel like doing it.
    Have not got over the back surgery yet but had knee surgery last Monday so it is really hard to keep the vehicles clean but I`m doing a pretty good job under the circumstances.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that what they call it? When you`re young, I thought you operated in your car. (I know...that was a really bad pun --- but it was there and available )

My problem is I don`t feel like doing it.
    Have not got over the back surgery yet but had knee surgery last Monday so it is really hard to keep the vehicles clean but I`m doing a pretty good job under the circumstances.
    Keep up the good fight as they say.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Is that what they call it? When you`re young, I thought you operated in your car. (I know...that was a really bad pun --- but it was there and available )
    Only for the young?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information