Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rotary lessons for AWD330

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    Finger pad? is that like a waffle pad?
    yes they are like the picture below..they do make quite a mess though as those little fingers go flying

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    The finger pads are Lake Country`s Tufted Foam Pads. I have a few still kicking around and use them occaisionally.

life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    yes they are like the picture below..they do make quite a mess though as those little fingers go flying
    Just wait until you stick them in the washing machine.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like

WOOOHOOOOOO I was looking forward to these marge when are you ready to start doing my car....

she has the magic touch as all of her cars look stunning..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by holland_patrick View Post
    WOOOHOOOOOO I was looking forward to these marge when are you ready to start doing my car....

she has the magic touch as all of her cars look stunning..
    Patrick - You are far more skilled with a rotary than a novice like myself, but thank you for the compliment.
    (P.S. The "stunning" Porsche Boxster is now for sale if you know of anyone who might be interested.)

Thank you also to Steve for providing yet another rotary practice opportunity. As with many other learned skills, it takes time and practice to improve one`s abilities. I normally only work on my own cars and those of a select few friends and relatives. All of those cars are reasonably well-maintained and are therefore, IMHO, not suitable rotary candidates. Steve manages to come up with one or two guinea pigs a year for me to practice upon. I think I`ve finally gotten to the point where I would feel comfortable using a rotary without supervision. However, I still need to work on a few things like not splattering polish all over other parts of the car, myself, and any innocent bystanders. Steve and I were practically covered with polish from head to toe when I was finished. Plus, I think we spent more time wiping off specks of polish splatter than we did on any actual rotary work. We only got about 1/3 of the vehicle done yesterday, so I`ll get more time to practice at a later date.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You did a fine job and it was glowing until all the pollen made it green again
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by awd330 View Post
    Patrick - You are far more skilled with a rotary than a novice like myself, but thank you for the compliment.
    (P.S. The "stunning" Porsche Boxster is now for sale if you know of anyone who might be interested.)

Thank you also to Steve for providing yet another rotary practice opportunity. As with many other learned skills, it takes time and practice to improve one`s abilities. I normally only work on my own cars and those of a select few friends and relatives. All of those cars are reasonably well-maintained and are therefore, IMHO, not suitable rotary candidates. Steve manages to come up with one or two guinea pigs a year for me to practice upon. I think I`ve finally gotten to the point where I would feel comfortable using a rotary without supervision. However, I still need to work on a few things like not splattering polish all over other parts of the car, myself, and any innocent bystanders. Steve and I were practically covered with polish from head to toe when I was finished. Plus, I think we spent more time wiping off specks of polish splatter than we did on any actual rotary work. We only got about 1/3 of the vehicle done yesterday, so I`ll get more time to practice at a later date.

Give wool a try Marj, you`re a natural!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Eddie View Post
    Give wool a try Marj, you`re a natural!!
    Actually, I have tried wool a couple times before with no problems. The LC tufted finger pads were something a little different that I wanted to experiment with. Next time, I think I`ll try using a regular LC 7.5" curved edge foam pad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information