Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Boss_429
    rhillstr,

You and Tass are somewhat correct in your conclusions.......... it probably is a little redundant to use the PWC after the PP. However, I`m actually ignoring the fact that the PWC has polish in it, and would be looking to add the Carnauba, and the other "goodies" that are in it, prior to the EX. Poorboy can elaborate on what those "goodies" are.

As for using the PP in that process, I just really like how the PP cleans up the finish without "overworking" it!

Besides, if Natty says the PWC is good stuff............ that`s all I need to know, and I`ll find a way to work it into a system!

Boss_429
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Poorboy
    [B]
    Originally posted by rhillstr
    Alright what`s up with Pro polish followed by polish w/carnuba.

the way Boss describes it`s use...the Polish w/ Carnuba,with a foam applicaor and just layering it on, it will work as a glaze and do filling and enhancement....then topped with EX...the EX will seal in the glaze look...

how did I do Boss
    Wow, we posted at the same time! You did just fine!

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Boss_429
    Here`s what I`d do:

SSR2 - until swirls are gone
    Pro Polish - clean up SSR2
    Polish with Carnauba with PC (if you have one)
    Polish with Carnauba by hand
    EX x 3
    Top with Trade Secret x as many times as you want.
    Maintain with S & W and QD +

Keep in mind that I`m "nuts"!
    Well if your nuts Boss then I`m coming to run the asylum! LOL
    Boss` plan would leave an awesome finish. I might try one or two changes;

SSR2 with PC/foam cutting pad
    SSR2 with PC/foam polishing pad
    Pro Polish with PC/foam polishing pad
    SSR1 with PC/finishing pad
    Polish w/carnauba by hand with foam pad
    wait a day then EX by hand with foam pad (2-3 coats over a week)
    Top with the Trade Secret or P21s

The more I use SSR1 the more I like it. When using just prior to a final finish, I find SSR1 makes the surface way more slick than Pro Polish. True, PP will tackle everything SSR1 will and then some but I love the way the finish feels after SSR1.

After all the work I`ve done on my truck just give me SSR1 and PWC and I`m a happy camper.

Natty

P.S. be sure to post some pics!!
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Boss_429
    Originally posted by NattyBumppo

The more I use SSR1 the more I like it. When using just prior to a final finish, I find SSR1 makes the surface way more slick than Pro Polish. True, PP will tackle everything SSR1 will and then some but I love the way the finish feels after SSR1.

After all the work I`ve done on my truck just give me SSR1 and PWC and I`m a happy camper.

Natty

Great, now I`ve got to add the SSR1 to my list along with the SSR2, PWC, Bio Cleaner, some of those "magic applicators"............. Poorboy, just send me a dozen of "everything"!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Boss_429

Great, now I`ve got to add the SSR1 to my list along with the SSR2, PWC, Bio Cleaner, some of those "magic applicators"............. Poorboy, just send me a dozen of "everything"!
    LOL. You sure you have some room on your shelves?

Natty
    Natty

Shine? That's not a shine Cujo31's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you top EX with P21S right away or do you have to wait a day?

Cujo
    John ( aka Cujo31 )
    Custom Car Care LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m pretty sure you can top it right away. I`ve asked Steve about cure times etc etc and he says it is done when the product is ready to buff off.

Natty
    Natty

Boss_429
    Cujo,

I believe Steve said that EX can be topped right away, either with EX or another product. However, I also believe he feels that it is a bit better to let it cure for a while. For a customer, I`d top it right away for more effect. For myself, I`d let it cure overnight. However, in the end, it`s probably just splitting hairs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Boss I have to agree. EX cured on my own cars works much better. If I rush the ex and use (for example p21S) as a topper, I get smudgy on black when I spray and wipe. If I allow the EX to cure and then add a topper, spray and wipe comes off smooth as "Buttah"!

Shine? That's not a shine Cujo31's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks

Land -- Is your vehicle black? If so, what did it look like with EX topped with P21S?

Im thinking of getting some P21S for my truck and have seen many colors with this setup but no black
    John ( aka Cujo31 )
    Custom Car Care LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Cujo,

My daily driver is black. (you would think I would save that color for the garage!) I drive a black ford ranger pickup each day and I have a charcoal 400E Benz and a cashmere Lexus LX470 in the garage (the wifes car). The black sits in the driveway and deals with the salt air from driving each day. It is a PITA to say the least. If I let the EX sit for at least 3 hours my daily life is good with S&W and an MF. If I use a quick on and off with EX (less than one hour) I am the smudge king with the S&W (humidity and salt combo). Not sure what you guys experience, but that is my scenario. Would like to hear some other advice and possibilities.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Cujo! I didn`t even answer your question! Too many Tuaca`s (an Italian liquor that has mind altering properties). The P21S looks good on black over platinum or EX as long as you follow the curing times on them. If you add the P21S right away without letting the others cure for a minimum of an hour or 2 it seems like the p21s gets "smudgy". Please note that I live in an extremely high humidity environment with salt air all around me. I should also point out that it looks great in daylight but under bright lights at night it seems more visible. Could it be that I can`t see clear at night? This is a possibility If this is the case, revert back to the Tuata statement!

Aloha

John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information