Post Thanks / Like

has Wheel Sealant been reformulated?

Well I recieved a new jar of wheel sealant inthe mail the other day. Today was the first chance that I have had to apply wheel sealant since it arrived.

This the Little Detailer`s favorite product. He is in charge of the wheels.

When I opened the jar it still had the great smell and bubble gum color. The Little Detailer advised me that even though it looks good this is not a product to eat. Well he does listen when I talk ...of that i am glad.

My question is this...Has Wheel Sealant been reprocessed or reformulated?

What I saw in the jar looked like wheel Sealant and worked like Wheel Sealant but the consistancy was that of Natty`s paste wax. Don`t get me wrong I like the harder conistancy. It makes it easier for the Little Detailer to get a little product to go a long way. I let him use a yellow foam pad and he managed to keep it with in the lines so to speak. Must be all that training he gets in Kindergarden. Nothing on the inside of the wheel or on the tire.

It also made it easier to get a thin layer on the wheels. Prior to my new jar I always had to go back over his work because the consistancy was a little more like a thick lotion than a paste wax. Or was my first jar an anamoly? This is not a complaint but a cudo. I liked the product very much but with this firmer product in the jar I am happier than ever.

Anyone else notice this?
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: has Wheel Sealant been reformulated?

I`m still on my first jar of softer wheel sealant. I have two sets of wheels now, so I`m not sure how much longer it will last.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I have no complaints about longevity either. I know I purchased it last year and put a few coats on the wifes car and my truck. I also did a few cars on the side here in Texas last winter.

I did 22 vehicles this last summer and everyone of them recieved at least one coat of Wheel Sealant. Plus the new wheels that I purchased this last summer that recieved multiple coats. I mite add that they were trucks for the most part with larger wheels than a normal car.
    cwcad

Post Thanks / Like

I think that you just got a special jar of Wheel Sealant all the ones that i have seen packing are just like the thick lotion you describe. Maybe steve will know something a little more than i do.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The very first batch was a bit more of a gel and we found it tended to move around too much during shipping, as we know the FedEx / UPS people are not too gentle, so we thickened it up a tiny bit, but that was quite a while ago
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy
    The very first batch was a bit more of a gel and we found it tended to move around too much during shipping, as we know the FedEx / UPS people are not too gentle, so we thickened it up a tiny bit, but that was quite a while ago
    I thought that I had purchased Wheelsealant last winter but it may be two years ago. No matter. I am pleased with the consistancy. It really does help in the application of the product. Ayellow foam pad and a few swipes in the jar and off yougo putting on a nice thin layer. Let it dry to a haz and wipes off easy. I think I tend to get it on to thick where there are edges . This consistancey helps me avoid that extra layer which has at times been harder to get off. Not impossible but definitely harder.
    cwcad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cwcad
    I let him use a yellow foam pad and he managed to keep it with in the lines so to speak. Must be all that training he gets in Kindergarden. Nothing on the inside of the wheel or on the tire.
    lol, hes better than me...i always get some on the tire

Thread Information