Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The unofficial PwS v3 review/input thread

Steve at Poorboy`s World was gracious enough to give away samples of the new Polish with Sealant version 3 to many DC members. Now I think it is our turn to give our reviews, opinions, input, pictures, recommendations, etc. in this thread to make this product the best that it can be. So if you have tried the new PwS be sure to post your input in this thread!!

"Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The unofficial PwS v3 review/input thread

I am working on the tonneau cover of my truck tomorrow. Will post pictures of process and product with the results. Good one Budman3!!!
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

I have tested out PwS a little so far so I figured I`d start a thread where other people can post their results as well .

Pictures first:

Water spots before:

Water spots after (don`t mind the streaking) used with polishing pad on PC, speed 6:

Applied like a wax:

Applied too thick:

Lower right = rubbed in as polish, lower left = applied thick, middle = applied like a wax:

Polished with a PC and polishing pad, speed #5:

Close up:

OK... here`s my input

This product works wonders on waterspots on the paint, by hand or PC. On the glass I tried it on waterspots without much difference but with the PC (as seen above) it did a very good job with them. The hood of the Tacoma had randon waterspots and a few isolated swirls. PwS removed all waterspots, by hand or PC but most of the swirls were still present. Working the polish in by hand was very easy and resulted in a slick finish. With the picture above with the 3 sections, the polished area wiped off easiest. I think that I applied the `wax` area too thick because it took a little more work to get it off of the paint... or I let it haze too long (15 minutes)? When I applied it too thick on purpose it was a little harder to remove than the regularly polished area but easier than the `waxed` area. Overall it is still very easy to use. Right now I think if you can see the product on the paint, it may be applied a little too thick and may result in a little leftover product left on the paint that requires a little extra help to remove. I did a S&W wipe down after and even that beaded into little droplets . Hopefully this wasn`t too confusing and with more testing I can comment on the product better.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

For Swirl Removal you will need to use a light cutting pad ..it is pad dependent
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Well that makes sense

I will be testing it with different pads with the PC and rotary on my Jeep sometime... weather permitting. Tonight I just wanted to do something with the product to test it out. So far so good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budman3
    Well that makes sense

I will be testing it with different pads with the PC and rotary on my Jeep sometime... weather permitting. Tonight I just wanted to do something with the product to test it out. So far so good.
    Wait until you see how long you can work it with a rotary or a cutting pad..this I believe will be very beneficial to full time detailers that don`t have the luxury of doing multiple steps.

Post Thanks / Like

this I believe will be very beneficial to full time detailers that don`t have the luxury of doing multiple steps.
    You win the thread

Post Thanks / Like

my bottle is sitting in my living room on my coffee table (where I unpacked the box...yeah I`m lazy!) screaming to be used. I`ve been trying to get a chance all week to try it and have yet to succeed. I plan on getting some work in tomorrow so hopefully I`ll have some input on my first test by then.

Post Thanks / Like

Just finished a small section of my tonneau cover. It was in sad shape. Very bad swirls plus it had tree sap all over the area worked. I clayed half of the section using a yellow clay. I had to go over it four times to get the contaminants off to my standards.

I also used Dimondite clay foam system on one section . It made the paint surface smooth but really did not take away the contaminants to my satisfaction. Needed to go over it two more times with the clay bar to get the results that I required.

I did do a small section with the PwS3 using a rotary. It did diminish the swirls but to be truthful I was asking to much of the product because the swirls were so bad.

I ended up using Power Gloss(My SSR3 is in Alaska) to get the heavy swirls off after exhausting all other paint correcting products that I had in my arsenal.

PwS3 did finish the paint after the Power Gloss. There was some marring or swirls still remaining but the surface was very shiny and smooth. I will have pictures up either tonite or tomorrow morning of what I did but to be honest I am to pooped to pop at this moment. I worked a little over three and a half hours on this little test.

Bottom line....I am happy with the results that I obtained with PwS3. It works well with a rotary as well as a PC. I plan on reporting a more in depth review when I finish the tonneau cover in the next few days(that is if the weather holds up).

This was all done in the sun in about 50 degree weather. The item that I noticed about PwS3 in comparison to PwS2 is the surface is much slicker. Shine is good on both. Durability will be reported in future posts. PwS2 lasted about two months. Which is very good as far as I am concerned. Hopefully PwS3 will last a little longer.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

I used it yesterday for the first time on a friend`s (and paying customer) and I was ultra impressed. The product was applied by PC with a finishing pad. Easy on, very easy off. Results were spectacular imo... the finish was left with a wonderfully clean gloss, and was very slick. This is gonna be my go to product now when people say they want their car "waxed" (of which I picked up two jobs while I was working on the job yesterday!).

Steve this is a great product, I could not be more impressed with it.

I do have a question though, about how much product should I be applying to my pad? Similar in amount (and intended area) to SSR2.5? Basically what I did was apply about the normal amount I would for the SSR`s and then continued to work the product into new areas til I felt it was no longer spreading.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zilla
    I used it yesterday for the first time on a friend`s (and paying customer) and I was ultra impressed. The product was applied by PC with a finishing pad. Easy on, very easy off. Results were spectacular imo... the finish was left with a wonderfully clean gloss, and was very slick. This is gonna be my go to product now when people say they want their car "waxed" (of which I picked up two jobs while I was working on the job yesterday!).

Steve this is a great product, I could not be more impressed with it.

I do have a question though, about how much product should I be applying to my pad? Similar in amount (and intended area) to SSR2.5? Basically what I did was apply about the normal amount I would for the SSR`s and then continued to work the product into new areas til I felt it was no longer spreading.
    I too went out yesterday and did a couple panels with a rotary and a polishing pad to do some more experimenting. First i did a quick clay with Spray and Wipe, wiped it down, then I applied PwS to the pad in a circle and then tapped it on the panels to spread it on the pad and reduce sling.
    It came out really shiny and slick just like your application with the pc and finishing pad, but just to make sure I had left enough behind, I repeated the process, exactly like you with my pc and a finishing pad. I used it at speed 1 and just spread it thin. Cleaned up all my tools and then went back and wiped it off. It came off like whipped butter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy
    I too went out yesterday and did a couple panels with a rotary and a polishing pad to do some more experimenting. First i did a quick clay with Spray and Wipe, wiped it down, then I applied PwS to the pad in a circle and then tapped it on the panels to spread it on the pad and reduce sling.
    It came out really shiny and slick just like your application with the pc and finishing pad, but just to make sure I had left enough behind, I repeated the process, exactly like you with my pc and a finishing pad. I used it at speed 1 and just spread it thin. Cleaned up all my tools and then went back and wiped it off. It came off like whipped butter
    I was honestly astonished at how easy it came off. I can`t wait to try it again and crank the speed up on the PC a little more. I was spreading it in at 1 and worked it in briefly on 3.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy
    Wait until you see how long you can work it with a rotary or a cutting pad..this I believe will be very beneficial to full time detailers that don`t have the luxury of doing multiple steps.
    Steve,

You have a real winner here. I used it on a Toyota Highlander and a Porsche Boxter this past weekend (Sorry, my son had my camera). The product was amazingly easy to use. I did the Boxter with the PC and green pad, the Highlaner with the rotary and white pad. It went quick, cleaned both paints up beautifully, and left a super slick finish. Super long work time, reminded me a bit of OP. Topped them both with EX-P for some extra winter protection, but it might have been overkill. The clients were blown away with the look and feel. I was able to knock both out in about 4 hours, I guess it saved me at least 2 hours overall.

This is a ground breaking product for usage, feel and finish....sooooo slick...as slick as UPP used to be and then some. Without a doubt light years ahead of AIO, Werkstatt, and any other 1 step Ive used. It will definitely be my goto, and maybe the base for all sealants or waxes...IT IS THAT EASY TO USE!

Steve, cant thank you enough. Ill be doing a few more cars this week. I have a real test...a 1997 Buick LeSabre that only sees monthly washes, and hasnt been detailed in a year. Ill get pics up for sure for you.

If you detail anything, no matter what your skill level, try this stuff, you`ll be glad you did.

Post Thanks / Like

looks like this stuff will be attaining AIO-level status before long.

expect my review with plenty of pics within the next two weeks (finals week...busy).

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Craig for trying it out. A lot of people want us to go with the first version which was nice, but was lacking a bit for my intentions. Many versions never made it past the lab door, actually too many to count, but the chemist assured me this one was "The One" and from my testing as well as what we have seen so far I think we`ll go into final production some time after the New Year.

Please keep the reviews coming as I still have not finalized the label and instructions. Any help would be appreciated.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information