Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The unofficial PwS v3 review/input thread

I finally had a chance to try out PWS today. I used it as a polish to see if it would remove some swirls/cobwebbing on my black Honda Pilot. I used a Meguiar`s polishing pad, #8006. The speed of the pc was 5.

I was able to easily remove the swirls and wiping off the polish afterwards was very very easy. There was a little dusting, but not bad. Also, the finish was super slick. As a comparison, I did a couple of panels using Meguiar`s #80 with a #8006 pad, which also removed the swirls. However, the finish was not nearly as slick as it was with PWS and it was much harder to remove the polish as compared to PWS.

Another thing I did, I didn`t tape off my trim. I wanted to see what would happen if PWS went on it...well, all I had to do was wipe it off the trim and it was gone. No staining at all.

Is the reason it was so much more slick than #80 is because it`s leaving a little sealant behind, even though I was using a polishing pad?

I was reading the label and it says, "Poorboy`s Polish is a non abrasive polish that removes the oxidation and road grime, smooths the surface, and leaves a small amount of Carnauba wax..."

Is it really leaving Carnauba wax behind? If so, will there be a bonding issue when applying a sealant?

Since I used PWS as a polish, can I top it with a sealant right away, or do I need to give it some time first?

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jsfofec
    I was reading the label and it says, "Poorboy`s Polish is a non abrasive polish that removes the oxidation and road grime, smooths the surface, and leaves a small amount of Carnauba wax..."

Is it really leaving Carnauba wax behind? If so, will there be a bonding issue when applying a sealant?

Since I used PWS as a polish, can I top it with a sealant right away, or do I need to give it some time first?
    Those are only temporary labels (formerly Polish w/ Carnauba labels) as they said in the Wizzard of Oz , " pay no attention to the man behind the curtains" or in this case the label ..lol
    Yes you can go straight to your sealant of choice
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Another thing I did, I didn`t tape off my trim. I wanted to see what would happen if PWS went on it...well, all I had to do was wipe it off the trim and it was gone. No staining at all.
    I found the same. I had some one my trim and it was white and I thought that it stained. I was a little disappointed until I wiped it off... no residue and it looked fine . I then went ahead and put some PwS on some textured black plastic and looked the next day it was still black.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy
    Those are only temporary labels (formerly Polish w/ Carnauba labels)
    Thanks...that`s what I thought. I`m not sure why I was getting any dusting at all, because the product never dried. Do you think the dusting was due to the polishiing pad I was using...it was brand new? I still can`t believe how easily it wiped off

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budman3
    I found the same. I had some one my trim and it was white and I thought that it stained. I was a little disappointed until I wiped it off... no residue and it looked fine . I then went ahead and put some PwS on some textured black plastic and looked the next day it was still black.
    Maybe besides it being a cleaner, polish, sealant...it`s also has built in taping I`ve always disliked taping.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks...that`s what I thought. I`m not sure why I was getting any dusting at all, because the product never dried. Do you think the dusting was due to the polishiing pad I was using...it was brand new? I still can`t believe how easily it wiped off
    Sometimes when the pad is manufactured some left over foam was left in the pores when they shaved the pad. This happened to me a few times before. Washing pads before using is always a good idea. I`ve also got dusting before when the pad itself wasn`t completely clean...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by awd330
    I`m one of the people that was campaigning for PwS version 1 (the orange colored version) to be released. That version was just about perfect for my well maintained personal vehicles, but Steve wanted a product that would be able to handle cars that were in a little rougher shape too. I was worried that a stronger product would be too aggressive for my paint, but it looks like Steve`s chemist has come out with a versatile formula that can handle everything from a dainty garage queen finish to daily drivers with moderate paint defects. The slickness is indeed very impressive as well. I`m glad Steve made me wait for version 3!
    I was a glutton for the original version and used several gallons of the stuff. If he changes the color back to "creamsicle" and changes the scent back to original, HE WILL DEFINATELY HAVE A WINNER

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes when the pad is manufactured some left over foam was left in the pores when they shaved the pad. This happened to me a few times before. Washing pads before using is always a good idea. I`ve also got dusting before when the pad itself wasn`t completely clean...
    I wanted to follow up on my comment yesterday about some dusting. I did some more polishing this morning, using the pad I used for PwS yesterday, and I had absolutely no dusting. I`m sure the dust I saw was exactly what budman3 was saying. It was a brand new pad, that I hadn`t cleaned, and the dusting I saw was actually from the pad and not PwS

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone but me think we may have a replacement for Klasse AIO in the new PwS?
    It sounds like it does everything the Klasse AIO does with a little more abrasive polishing action.
    Right now when I do a full detail, I use a swirl remover followed by Klasse AIO, then my LSP. No worse than my swirls are, I might be able to use the PwS only and follow it up with my LSP.

Gee, I sure would hate to have to do without one extra step in my routine.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

CharlesW, I thinkthat the PwS3 is more than KAIO. It has the abrassiveness of SSR 2 which is more than KAIO. It also will give a lot more protection. I always thought that KAIO was a little suspect as far as protection was concerned. PwS2 had six to eight week protection. Am testing PwS3 at this very moment. I think I am up to two weeks if memory serves me correctly. Still beading nicely.

I have noticed that the slickness has dropped off after an S&W wipedown but the beading still remains. It is raining outside as I type and the beads look very nice in the dark. Will post picutres in the daylight. Looks are still very nice as well.

PwS3 is pad dependant as well. I would think that this product would suit you very well considering how well you maintain the surface of your vehicles paint. Having one less step in my vehicles paint care is very attractive to me at this moment.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve specifically been looking for a AIO replacement as supplying AIO in the UK now is getting silly expensive.... I think PWS will more than fit the bill, and as a one step I prefer the PWS both to use, and it`s looks..... This was a quick session I managed last week and posted on a UK forum...Thanks to Steve for the samples!

Had a chance to give Poorboys Polish With Sealant a go yesterday. Unfortunately, I didn`t get time to test it with a multitude of pads / speeds etc but, in the hour 1/2 I did have I gave the car a once over using a Lake Country Orange Pad and kept the PC at speed 5..... I purposefully went for a stronger pad to see if a relatively light product that is claiming to work differently with different pads would go with this type of pad, and also, the car needed a fair bit of tidying.
    Befores:

Washed with Poorboys SSS and lambswool mitts
    Dried with Aquatouch Microfibre Chamois`
    Poorboys PWS with LC Orange Pad @ speed 5
    Residue removed with Poorboys Mega Plush Towels.

Found PWS VERY easy to work with and remove. With the Orange pad you could see it lightly removing marks and feint lines but, I do expect a fair bit of that was due to the pad as well.... I will be doing another layer in the week with a polishing pad and see how it behaves, and then another layer with a finishing pad. From what I can see so far is that this will make an excellent finishing polish after heavier grade polishes, or just as a one step cleaner / sealer akin to the likes of Klasse All In One to which I found it`s given similar results to using the same pad, although I did think the PWS felt slightly slicker once removed.

Anyway, the afters:

Cheers.

Chris
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this stuff available yet and does it actually remove swirls or does it have some filling ability? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

It removes swirls when you use an agressive pad and or machine. With just a polishing or finishing pad by PC it won`t remove swirls = no filling. It is quite pad dependent. I`m sure Steve has some laying around still and you may get one with an order from him or I think Troy at DC is putting them in orders over $50 at detailcity.com if you leave a note in the comments box.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`m sure Steve has some laying around still and you may get one with an order from him
    Yes, we have a few left and are still including them in orders over $45 with a calendar and magnet too until they are gone
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve only used it hand applied/removed so far. It was uber easy to apply and remove, did not stain the rubber around the sun roof and wiped off with no effort. Slick as a whistle and, as Steve mentioned, even slicker the next day. Something I found extraordinary is that after curing the surface won`t even show fingerprints! Very nice reflections also, a winner.

I also tried a little experiment....after applying it to a surface super thin I wiped it off immediately before it had a chance to haze. The results were the same as the panels that set up for 10 minutes or so. I have a car to do on Saturday that they just want to "look good" and this will be what I`ll use with the Cyclo. Great product without question.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information