Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The unofficial PwS v3 review/input thread

It would seem that everyone is of the same verb when it comes to this product, Steve. I may have misread the posts but I believe everyone that has posted has made a comment about how slick it is to the touch. I am glad it is not just me. The surprise of the product is how slick it is to the touch. It does the job. Works for a long time. Only time will tell how the durability is. PwS2 lasted a good while in my test. I suspect that PwS3 will do the same. Maybe longer...?
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cwcad
    It would seem that everyone is of the same verb when it comes to this product, Steve. I may have misread the posts but I believe everyone that has posted has made a comment about how slick it is to the touch. I am glad it is not just me. The surprise of the product is how slick it is to the touch. It does the job. Works for a long time. Only time will tell how the durability is. PwS2 lasted a good while in my test. I suspect that PwS3 will do the same. Maybe longer...?
    Yes, the durability is something that I wanted to watch before making the final label, as that is something the lab can only guess at. there are so many variables each person will deal with, between application techniques, weather, and maintenence practices. The slickness seems to improve a few days after application, which is probably the curing time, and seems even better if the vehicle is not washed during the first couple days. It is a weird feeling to me when I`m closing my doors as my fingers seem to slip off and now I have to think about pushing by the handle ..lol ..
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

question guys (PB specifically).

im going to be testing this product on 2 vehicles: a white, and a black one.

I will be able to use a lake country orange light cutting pad without having to follow up with a white pad, correct?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2drtahoez71
    question guys (PB specifically).

im going to be testing this product on 2 vehicles: a white, and a black one.

I will be able to use a lake country orange light cutting pad without having to follow up with a white pad, correct?
    you should be able to, but with black there`s always a chance you may need to follow with the white pad to get the desired result.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried it this weekend on a car. It worked great and yes it was extreamly slick and shiney all i did was top it with nattys for the winter and i was done. this pics are on this post http://www.detailcity.org/forums/sho...-job-done.html

Post Thanks / Like

I`m considering using it on top of what I did to my car last weekend. The finish on the bimmer is slick as glass right now, but man... I just can`t get over how slick PwS left my friend`s vehicle that I did Sunday. I wanna put it on, and then top it with EX-P the following day...mwhwahahahaha

Post Thanks / Like

I`m one of the people that was campaigning for PwS version 1 (the orange colored version) to be released. That version was just about perfect for my well maintained personal vehicles, but Steve wanted a product that would be able to handle cars that were in a little rougher shape too. I was worried that a stronger product would be too aggressive for my paint, but it looks like Steve`s chemist has come out with a versatile formula that can handle everything from a dainty garage queen finish to daily drivers with moderate paint defects. The slickness is indeed very impressive as well. I`m glad Steve made me wait for version 3!

Post Thanks / Like

I can`t wait to try it as a finishing polish for when I`ve used SSR2.5 to clean up some more serious defects. If I could skip SSR1... oh man. That would save me a step on customers cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zilla
    I`m considering using it on top of what I did to my car last weekend. The finish on the bimmer is slick as glass right now, but man... I just can`t get over how slick PwS left my friend`s vehicle that I did Sunday. I wanna put it on, and then top it with EX-P the following day...mwhwahahahaha
    So if you can use this as a topper, wouldn`t it remove whatever is underneath?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by derek37
    Depending on how it is applied, will determine how much it will remove.
    For example..if you use a finishing pad and spead it at a speed of 1-2 and then buff it off, it will remove very little. If you apply it with a polishing pad or cutting pad with a speed of 4-6 then it will remove everything on the surface.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by derek37
    Sure it will. In my case, there is one coat of EX-P. If the PwS looks as good on my car as it did on the car I worked on Sunday, I may just leave off the EX-P. Or I`ll just add it a week or two later... you never know

Post Thanks / Like

My 2nd round of testing is done .

Since I didn`t get to play around with pad combinations last time that`s what I did today. I went into the garage with LC finishing, polishing, light cut green and light cut orange pads, the PC and a Rotary. I only ended up using the polishing pad and cutting pads. I `primed` the pad with the product itself with the PC on the door on my Jeep. Once I felt the pad was primed, I switched it over to the rotary. I did the same with the cutting pad on the opposite side.

Pictures:
    Polishing pad side before:

After:

Cutting pad side before:

After:

I can`t believe how well it worked. There was zero dust, the product never dried up, the finish looks great and is unbelievably slick. No holograms or anything either! Granted the paint on the Jeep is crap, the results are great. The pictures show the difference but actually working with the product you`ll understand that the results are much greater. PwS would be ideal for quick wash and waxes because it`ll remove water spots and swirls while adding the sealant... all at the same time. While typing up this up I went over the hood again with the PC and polishing pad to get the tight spots and I just removed the product which was left on the paint for 1/2 hour and it wiped off effortlessly.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

Just a couple of bead shots:

Anyone else try the product out yet???? If not... your missing out
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Chris
    Post Thanks / Like

So essentially I could use this, then go straight to EX-P and Natty`s Blue and skip the AIO step before either?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    So essentially I could use this, then go straight to EX-P and Natty`s Blue and skip the AIO step before either?
    yes you could

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information