Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nasty Carpet Before and After Shots

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I probably will never get an extractor other than the Bissel Mean Green. I hope you find someone to test out the new formula. It looks amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    I`m TheMeanGreen..... Bissell has the Little Green…
    Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH

almost spit out a mouth full of salad with that!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oops, my bad! Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Dwayne:
    I just looked on-line for the extractor you used, and it`s a $3,000 unit with the heater option. That`s more money than most hobbyist/weekend warrior detailing aficionado will want (or can) to spend for an extractor. That said, good commercial extractors offer a lot higher heated water and extraction lift (vacuum or suction power) than the home extractors or carpet cleaners that many use, like the Bissell Pro-Heat Little Green Machine, needed to properly clean carpet fabrics in an efficient manner. It`s also the reason why some detailing hobbyist may be "disappointed" that certain interior fabric stains will not some out, or that carpets or seat fabrics do not look as "clean" as some of the pro detailers who use commercial extractors, like Mytee or Dupree or Sensei or DurrMaid, to name a few.

This thread is about a new carpet cleaning chemical for those extractors and I think there is a market for this, not just in the car-care business, but in the (much larger) commercial and residential carpet cleaning business as well. The "problem" is name-recognition and association with carpet cleaning. There are a plethora of commercial carpet-cleaning chemical manufacturers, and even if you develop a superior cleaning product (which, by this thread`s pictures looks extremely promising) crossing over into that commercial market may be difficult to break into, as Poor Boy`s World is associated with car detailing and not carpet cleaning. I would hope, though, that you and your company will actively continue to pursue development of this carpet cleaning chemical for extractors. Pro vehicle detailers can use all the help they can get. And if by chance this product does pan out, word of mouth advertising may very well translate into the commercial carpet cleaning market. I think you know how big that is.

I know as a (small) detailing hobbyist how many car-care products I use in cleaning my own home, but then many of us are OCD (obsessive-compulsive detailers, NOT disease(d) when it comes to cleaning ANYTHING. Just food for thought!
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Dwayne:
    I just looked on-line for the extractor you used, and it`s a $3,000 unit with the heater option. That`s more money than most hobbyist/weekend warrior detailing aficionado will want (or can) to spend for an extractor. That said, good commercial extractors offer a lot higher heated water and extraction lift (vacuum or suction power) than the home extractors or carpet cleaners that many use, like the Bissell Pro-Heat Little Green Machine, needed to properly clean carpet fabrics in an efficient manner. It`s also the reason why some detailing hobbyist may be "disappointed" that certain interior fabric stains will not some out, or that carpets or seat fabrics do not look as "clean" as some of the pro detailers who use commercial extractors, like Mytee or Dupree or Sensei or DurrMaid, to name a few.

This thread is about a new carpet cleaning chemical for those extractors and I think there is a market for this, not just in the car-care business, but in the (much larger) commercial and residential carpet cleaning business as well. The "problem" is name-recognition and association with carpet cleaning. There are a plethora of commercial carpet-cleaning chemical manufacturers, and even if you develop a superior cleaning product (which, by this thread`s pictures looks extremely promising) crossing over into that commercial market may be difficult to break into, as Poor Boy`s World is associated with car detailing and not carpet cleaning. I would hope, though, that you and your company will actively continue to pursue development of this carpet cleaning chemical for extractors. Pro vehicle detailers can use all the help they can get. And if by chance this product does pan out, word of mouth advertising may very well translate into the commercial carpet cleaning market. I think you know how big that is.

I know as a (small) detailing hobbyist how many car-care products I use in cleaning my own home, but then many of us are OCD (obsessive-compulsive detailers, NOT disease(d) when it comes to cleaning ANYTHING. Just food for thought!
    Hey Lonnie,

Yeah this is a pretty big unit we have here that not everyone has access to. I`m not familiar with all the extractor brands that you mentioned but they may have some models that can provide great performance.

We are looking forward to finding out how the smaller machines like the Bissells will do when a few testers get some samples in their hands. If someone has a similar job as mine to do I`m pretty sure some scrubbing may be needed and extra time as compared to my machine. For $3000 I didn`t have to scrub at all! lol

I agree that there is a huge market out there for good cleaning products. This is still initial testing and time will tell once others get a hold of the product.
    Dwayne McPeeks
    Operations Manager at Poorboy`s World

Poorboy`s World Polishing & Detailing Products at Autopia Car Care
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just looked on-line for the extractor you used, and it`s a $3,000 unit with the heater option. That`s more money than most hobbyist/weekend warrior detailing aficionado will want (or can) to spend for an extractor.
    Yes, it is a monster and I saw it at work at a small detail shop in NY and knew I had to have one if I was going to have a machine (at the time my wife had a minivan that was beyond what most detailers ever see in a life time, there are probably pictures in the archives of things that were unidentifiable that were found under the seats

That said, good commercial extractors offer a lot higher heated water and extraction lift (vacuum or suction power) than the home extractors or carpet cleaners that many use, like the Bissell Pro-Heat Little Green Machine, needed to properly clean carpet fabrics in an efficient manner. It`s also the reason why some detailing hobbyist may be "disappointed" that certain interior fabric stains will not some out, or that carpets or seat fabrics do not look as "clean" as some of the pro detailers who use commercial extractors, like Mytee or Dupree or Sensei or DurrMaid, to name a few.
    The Extractor product in use here was not designed with my machine in mind, but for the machines you mentioned above ... as one of our first tests, if it didn`t work outstanding using our machine, it wouldn`t stand a chance in the smaller ones with much less lift and heat. As Dwayne said, maybe a little dwelling time for the Enzyme or a light spot scrub for a stain might be needed, but that is what we need to find out during testing.

This thread is about a new carpet cleaning chemical for those extractors and I think there is a market for this, not just in the car-care business, but in the (much larger) commercial and residential carpet cleaning business as well. The "problem" is name-recognition and association with carpet cleaning. There are a plethora of commercial carpet-cleaning chemical manufacturers, and even if you develop a superior cleaning product (which, by this thread`s pictures looks extremely promising) crossing over into that commercial market may be difficult to break into, as Poorboy`s World is associated with car detailing and not carpet cleaning. I would hope, though, that you and your company will actively continue to pursue development of this carpet cleaning chemical for extractors. Pro vehicle detailers can use all the help they can get. And if by chance this product does pan out, word of mouth advertising may very well translate into the commercial carpet cleaning market. I think you know how big that is.

Believe it not Lonnie, we are in many different industries with Poorboy`s being based in the car care industry. Our goal is to make the most efficient and best working products for people with high standards. Yes, in the commercial carpet cleaning, the drive thru car washes, as well as many janitorial businesses, their bottom line is cost not results, which is not always our markets.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information