Post Thanks / Like

SAMPLED - Poorboy`s Beta Foam Soap v2

I looked over the v1 threads to see what people were doing and what results they were getting. I kept this in mind when I did my own "testing."

Scent: Slight bubblegum scent. Pleasant, not overpowering.
    Feel: well, soapy.
    Color: pinkish

I received the 4oz sample bottle with a recent order. Sweet deal I haven`t used a foam gun in a very long time. Thank you California drought and legislation making it bad to use a hose for car. (NOTE: the following testing was done in an undisclosed warehouse, outside county and/or state lines).

Since I was wanting to get this knocked out ASAP, and was trying to "sneak" in a car wash at my former residence, I tried what I could. Unfortunately, I haven`t been able to get to the car. I will continue to work on that part. In the meantime, I used a couple of fiberglass doors that have been sitting outside for a couple of years now.

Oh.... Thank you Poorboy`s World for providing the sample. Thank you Autopia for providing the forum and space allowing this to happen!

First round:

1oz of soap and 16oz of warm tap water (roughly 100*)
    Hose pressure at the faucet was about 52psi
    1/2" ID hose at 25` length
    Outside temp - 81*F
    Gilmour Foamaster set at "max"

Results: Not what I would want in a foam soap. This resulted in a fairly thin foam, that was quite runny. Didn`t bother doing much with the soap. I proceeded to rinse it off and it did so with no issue. The soap doesn`t appear to leave anything behind. The surface was still dirty, BUT that`s because I didn`t wipe it down. This was more of a "touchless wash" and was just trying it out.

Second Round

3oz of soap and 16oz of warm tap water (roughly 102*)
    Hose pressure at the faucet was about 56psi
    1/2" ID hose at 25` length
    Outside temp - 75*F
    Gilmour Foamaster set at "max"

Results: MUCH better. This is more of what a foam soap *should* be like. The foam was noticeably thicker. Not sure if the dwell time was any longer, but did I mention it was thicker?

As a "touchless wash" - really? who even does that in Autopialand? - can`t say it cleaned. But, this time around I took a MF towel and dunked it in a bucket that was filled partially with some of the foam mixture as it came out of the Gilmour. I wiped the panel down and it cleaned. It didn`t take much effort at all to remove most of the dirt and grime that has been collecting for years. A few spots were more soiled and it took a bit more elbow grease to get those out. In all fairness, I`m sure ANY soap would have taken similar effort. When I say "soiled" I really do mean soiled. Literally. The wind knocked the door down from where I had it, and I never noticed it. So it sorta stuck itself in the ground. Soiled.

Anyway. Cleaning ability is good. Lubricity is good. This is a door that has been outdoors for years. And it felt fairly smooth (more on that later) while I washed it. OH, and I didn`t wash it like I normally would wash a car. I kept rubbing the towel around and around, wanting to get a feel for this soap. You`ll see what I mean later (if you choose to accept). It rinsed off just as easy as the first time. Still doesn`t feel like it leaves anything behind, just a clean surface.

Bottom line. I like it. Wish I had more of it to keep trying different ratios. I kept some in the Gilmour tank so I can try it on an actual car, hopefully this coming Sunday. The car has been sitting....well...for a while. It`s black, too!

Unfortunately, the video I did is still uploading to YouTube. It`s been doing so for....let me check....GEEEZ man. It`s been like 30 min. WOW. I`ll go get ready for bed. If it`s done by the time I`m ready, I`ll add it here. Otherwise, it will wait til I get a chance. video is now up

Thanks for reading.

Poorboy`s, thanks again!

P.S. - Oh, almost forgot. I mentioned the door felt pretty smooth, considering it had been outdoors and near dirt for so long. Well, since I just received a lifetime supply of Poorboy`s Clay bars (I got carried away during the recent sales), and several bottles of their Clay Lube, I figured I`ll play around with it a little. Just want to say one thing...

WHY DIDN`T ANYBODY WARN ME THAT THE CLAY LUBE SMELLS SO DAMN GOOD?!?!?!?!? Really? Poorboy, really? You just HAAAAD to make it like strawberry? (I didn`t get the wrong bottle, I double checked). I`m not mad. I`m just wanting to clay everything now. I might offer up discounted clay-detail jobs.

Okay. That`s off my chest. The stuff works good. It didn`t take long at all for me to get a nice smooth surface from the door panel. Did I mention it had been outside for years? Good stuff.

EDIT: video is now posted

Likes Ronkh, 512detail, donbeezy, Angus, GearHead_1 and 2 others liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SAMPLED - Poorboy`s Beta Foam Soap v2

BUMP. video posted. Hope it helps

Post Thanks / Like

sweet POV video
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the review Jesus .. can`t say I`ve seen one more precise Sorry that you can`t break out the hose at home

It is more of a pre-wash than a self cleaning soap .. we are still searching for the best dilution .. haven`t mixed with warm water before .. interesting
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    thanks for the review Jesus .. can`t say I`ve seen one more precise Sorry that you can`t break out the hose at home

It is more of a pre-wash than a self cleaning soap .. we are still searching for the best dilution .. haven`t mixed with warm water before .. interesting
    You`re welcome. - No worries on the hose. I have a "portable" hose set up that I can use, but plans changed twice on Friday, so I wasn`t able to make it out to buy the Di water for the tank.

I figured as much that it was more of a pre-wash, but had to check, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. I miss the purple color of V1. Everyone tends to go with pink or blue.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Nice review. I miss the purple color of V1. Everyone tends to go with pink or blue.
    Thanks The Guz.

Here`s another video. This time, it`s on an actual car. I used what was left from the first sampling (what was left in the foam gun, to be clear) and used the same water hose. This time, however, the water pressure was down to about 25psi as I used my "mobile wash station" which uses a 12v water pump to draw DI (?) water from the tank.

EDIT note, this is NOT how I wash a car! I had very little soap left and was just sampling it. Thank you.
    Likes Ronkh, Poorboy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

cool video ..that`s what it looked like from our hose and foam gun .... but you must learn to flood rinse , not spray

Post Thanks / Like

cool video ..that`s what it looked like from our hose and foam gun .... but you must learn to flood rinse , not spray
    Thank you. Rush job during my lunch break. I see where I could have edited a bit more, though.

What is this "flood rinse" you speak of?!?! This fella here needs to learn flooding! (Plus, I was trying to do it all fast so I don`t get neighbors questioning me about water wasting)

Post Thanks / Like

.... but you must learn to flood rinse , not spray
    I do both. Overkill?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I do both. Overkill?
    Which one do you do first ???

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    What is this "flood rinse" you speak of?!?! This fella here needs to learn flooding! (Plus, I was trying to do it all fast so I don`t get neighbors questioning me about water wasting)
    Most people get a fireman`s nozzle and open it completely ... you should get no beading, only sheeting of the soap leaving the surface .. in a pinch you can just remove the nozzle and just let the hose flow and rinse in the same manor ... if you like seeing beads, then ignore this method usually leave very little water if any for drying depending on the shape and condition of the surface

Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Which one do you do first ???

Spray, strong, then weak, then flood.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Spray, strong, then weak, then flood.
    overkill but it works for me if it works for you

Thread Information