I looked over the v1 threads to see what people were doing and what results they were getting. I kept this in mind when I did my own "testing."

Scent: Slight bubblegum scent. Pleasant, not overpowering.
Feel: well, soapy.
Color: pinkish

I received the 4oz sample bottle with a recent order. Sweet deal I haven`t used a foam gun in a very long time. Thank you California drought and legislation making it bad to use a hose for car. (NOTE: the following testing was done in an undisclosed warehouse, outside county and/or state lines).

Since I was wanting to get this knocked out ASAP, and was trying to "sneak" in a car wash at my former residence, I tried what I could. Unfortunately, I haven`t been able to get to the car. I will continue to work on that part. In the meantime, I used a couple of fiberglass doors that have been sitting outside for a couple of years now.

Oh.... Thank you Poorboy`s World for providing the sample. Thank you Autopia for providing the forum and space allowing this to happen!

First round:

1oz of soap and 16oz of warm tap water (roughly 100*)
Hose pressure at the faucet was about 52psi
1/2" ID hose at 25` length
Outside temp - 81*F
Gilmour Foamaster set at "max"

Results: Not what I would want in a foam soap. This resulted in a fairly thin foam, that was quite runny. Didn`t bother doing much with the soap. I proceeded to rinse it off and it did so with no issue. The soap doesn`t appear to leave anything behind. The surface was still dirty, BUT that`s because I didn`t wipe it down. This was more of a "touchless wash" and was just trying it out.

Second Round

3oz of soap and 16oz of warm tap water (roughly 102*)
Hose pressure at the faucet was about 56psi
1/2" ID hose at 25` length
Outside temp - 75*F
Gilmour Foamaster set at "max"

Results: MUCH better. This is more of what a foam soap *should* be like. The foam was noticeably thicker. Not sure if the dwell time was any longer, but did I mention it was thicker?

As a "touchless wash" - really? who even does that in Autopialand? - can`t say it cleaned. But, this time around I took a MF towel and dunked it in a bucket that was filled partially with some of the foam mixture as it came out of the Gilmour. I wiped the panel down and it cleaned. It didn`t take much effort at all to remove most of the dirt and grime that has been collecting for years. A few spots were more soiled and it took a bit more elbow grease to get those out. In all fairness, I`m sure ANY soap would have taken similar effort. When I say "soiled" I really do mean soiled. Literally. The wind knocked the door down from where I had it, and I never noticed it. So it sorta stuck itself in the ground. Soiled.

Anyway. Cleaning ability is good. Lubricity is good. This is a door that has been outdoors for years. And it felt fairly smooth (more on that later) while I washed it. OH, and I didn`t wash it like I normally would wash a car. I kept rubbing the towel around and around, wanting to get a feel for this soap. You`ll see what I mean later (if you choose to accept). It rinsed off just as easy as the first time. Still doesn`t feel like it leaves anything behind, just a clean surface.

Bottom line. I like it. Wish I had more of it to keep trying different ratios. I kept some in the Gilmour tank so I can try it on an actual car, hopefully this coming Sunday. The car has been sitting....well...for a while. It`s black, too!

Unfortunately, the video I did is still uploading to YouTube. It`s been doing so for....let me check....GEEEZ man. It`s been like 30 min. WOW. I`ll go get ready for bed. If it`s done by the time I`m ready, I`ll add it here. Otherwise, it will wait til I get a chance. video is now up

Thanks for reading.

Poorboy`s, thanks again!

P.S. - Oh, almost forgot. I mentioned the door felt pretty smooth, considering it had been outdoors and near dirt for so long. Well, since I just received a lifetime supply of Poorboy`s Clay bars (I got carried away during the recent sales), and several bottles of their Clay Lube, I figured I`ll play around with it a little. Just want to say one thing...

WHY DIDN`T ANYBODY WARN ME THAT THE CLAY LUBE SMELLS SO DAMN GOOD?!?!?!?!? Really? Poorboy, really? You just HAAAAD to make it like strawberry? (I didn`t get the wrong bottle, I double checked). I`m not mad. I`m just wanting to clay everything now. I might offer up discounted clay-detail jobs.

Okay. That`s off my chest. The stuff works good. It didn`t take long at all for me to get a nice smooth surface from the door panel. Did I mention it had been outside for years? Good stuff.

EDIT: video is now posted