Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PBs Products

Don't shop at Wal-Mart
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: PBs Products

Steve READ MY AVATAR LOGO.

Don’t shop at Wal-Mart.

There is a real reason for this, I have never been to a Wal-Mart and I dont think there are any near where I live. I`m sure you can figure out why I say thins when you are being questioned about becoming an "over the counter" company.

Day 1 profit 52% Independent and happy little boutique product.

Meet the Wal-Mart evil machine. We will buy all of the chemicals you can produce for exclusive distribution rights for 180 days. Sound good, sign here.

Day 7 profit 30% but we will sell 100% of your stock
    Day 30 profit 15% but we will sell all of your stock
    Day 60 profit 1% you are lucky to have a retailer like us. Your product needs to be manufactured by our subsidiary in Hong Kong if you wish to stay in business. Sign here please.
    Day 181 profit 0%. Wal-Mart Hong Kong subsidiary manufacturing your product at 60% of original potency for 10% of original cost including shipping to the US. Your plant and distribution center are closed because you are only collecting a small "royalty" check and cant pay your labor crew or scientists.

All the stories you have heard are true. Wal-Mart steals business from a guy like Steve. They infiltrate your business. Install their own inventory and order system in your manufacturing or distribution plant. Then put the squeeze on you.

Steve - You should consider licensing Poorboy`s somehow. It is a great product line.

*- all percentages are fictional, just for demonstration purposes.

Don't shop at Wal-Mart
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Leegr
    1)I seem to recall Steve mentioning the reason his stuff isn`t OTC is that many (if not all) of the major chains require a "line of credit" from the vendor. This may be anywhere from 30 days to 90.
    90 days would be GREAT! Then I could actually spend some of the money I made. I deal with global banks that take over 180 days to pay my company! I go insane. If I complain to Dunn & Bradstreet, I am blacklisted on the street and I most likely lose the account. So I deal with it.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdoria
    90 days would be GREAT! Then I could actually spend some of the money I made. I deal with global banks that take over 180 days to pay my company! I go insane. If I complain to Dunn & Bradstreet, I am blacklisted on the street and I most likely lose the account. So I deal with it.
    yes it is a 180 day billing cycle...if you get paid on time , there are no holidays , and the person who autorizes payment is not on vacation
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information