Post Thanks / Like

Differences between Leather Stuff & Natural Look

I did post this thread regarding "conditioning of vinyl" recommendations.

I`ve been happy with other Poorboys products, so....I am going to order either Poorboys Natural Look or Leather Stuff. Out of these products, which one would give the best "conditioning" for a 32-year-old vinyl interior? My main concern is to preserve the dash and seats, as they are very difficult to replace or repair for this model car. The interior is black and get "cooking" in the summer time.

If I read it right, Leather Stuff is for interior only? Leather Stuff says "UV-A & UV-B protection", while Natural Looks says "patented UV absorber" and can be used for exterior as well as interior.

Sorry for the duplication of posts, but for these interior pieces, I really don`t want to experiment and risk not having the proper conditioner/protectant on it. I can experiment with different products on my other vehicles, but not for this car.
    JW-`73 El Camino SS - They`ll get my Elky when they pry it from my cold, dead hands! a73elkyss web site.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Differences between Leather Stuff & Natural Look

Sorry i am a bit confused as everyone seemed to answer this in your other topic. If it is vinyl then i would suggest not using the Leather Product. Not trying to sound sarcastic. It just seems that you are asking the same thing.

Richard
    1997 Ford F150 4x4 Pacific Green w/HOK Kandy Green Flames
    2006 Mustang GT

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

The differences between these two products have been something of a source of confusion. Somewhere (I can`t find it) Steve provided a comparison of the two. IIRC, the differences are minimal. As I mentioned in your other thread NL has biocides included in the formulation. I don`t recall that component being noted in Steve`s description of LS. Since you`ve got this post in PB`s forum, I`m sure Steve will be along shortly and give us all the "what`s what / lowdown" on these two products.

Post Thanks / Like

I have, and use both of these products. Natural look is my go to interior vinyl dressing because I love the clean matt finish and the smell, but I prefer leather stuff for the leather. They seem like similar products and could probably be used either way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 97F1504x4
    Sorry i am a bit confused as everyone seemed to answer this in your other topic. If it is vinyl then i would suggest not using the Leather Product. Not trying to sound sarcastic. It just seems that you are asking the same thing. Richard
    No, you’re not being sarcastic at all Richard. And I did apologize for the “duplicate” post, but I did post this question (which I feel is a different question) in this specific vendors forum to find out the difference between this vendors two products. My previous question delt with many different vendors products.

I did read everyone’s opinions and reviews of different products in the other thread. I eliminated the other products and based on passed experience with other Poorboys products, I decided to go with that product line. I’ve successfully used both Trim Restorer and Bold N Bright for both porous and non-porous plastic/rubber on Steve’s recommendation. I was under the impression (correct me here if I`m wrong) that vinyl, while similar to, is not the same as plastic/rubber.

I went to Poorboys web site and looked at the product description for both Natural Look and Leather Stuff. Both product descriptions mention leather and vinyl. Both mention that they clean. Both mention that they have UV protection. The Leather Stuff is the only one that mentions “conditioner”, but the Natural Look mentions that it “softens”.

So, for me, I was confused and came to this vendor forum for clarification. Don’t get me wrong, I do appreciate everyone’s opinion and do listen and further check into the products mentioned.
    JW-`73 El Camino SS - They`ll get my Elky when they pry it from my cold, dead hands! a73elkyss web site.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It`s a hard choice for me to tell you. Either product can do what you want, but nothing really can soften vinyl. You can protect it and help it from becoming brittle, but vinyl is a non-porus material. If you have no leather in the vehicle then the scent might be out of place. Both have UV protection but Leather Stuff has a better level of protection. Here`s the comparison I wrote in another thead:

Here`s his breakdown:

Leather Stuff:
    1. specifically made for leather but can be used on other surfaces like vinyl , rubber, plastics, etc.
    2. thicker and must be applied by wiping or rubbing
    3. more of a matte finish ...(maybe just not on your trial pieces Sean)
    4. contains leather conditioners for those times when you are using it on uncoated leather or should you use it on couches, chairs, shoes, handbags etc..
    5. contain a better UVa and UVb absorber
    6. smell is for leather interiors and would be rather odd in a vehicle without leather
    7. Has some cleaning ability but recommends on label to use a stronger cleaner for some applications
    Natural Look
    1. specifically designed for vinyl but can be used on rubber , leather, plastcis, etc...
    2. Spray application
    3. slightly higher gloss (depending how used and buffed)
    4. biocides to prevent mold
    5. antibacterial additive
    6. UV protection but not as high a quality as in the Leather Stuff
    7. Cherry scent that is nice(IMO) in any type of interior
    8. Has some cleaning ability but will require an APC for tougher grime.
    There you go, but i can`t make a choice for you
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the clarification between the two products. I`ve made my order.

Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by a73elkyss
    No, you’re not being sarcastic at all Richard. And I did apologize for the “duplicate” post, but I did post this question (which I feel is a different question) in this specific vendors forum to find out the difference between this vendors two products. My previous question delt with many different vendors products.

It`s all good.

Richard
    1997 Ford F150 4x4 Pacific Green w/HOK Kandy Green Flames
    2006 Mustang GT

Thread Information