Post Thanks / Like

Natural Look vs. Leather Stuff - I can`t tell a difference

Well, after trying both Natural Look and Leather Stuff, I liked what I was using. The only learning curve I saw was to wipe with an MF about 10 minutes after applying. Neither one dried 100%, but no big deal to me. Just a quick extra step to insure less dust attraction.

Since they seemed so similar:

-Both clean the same (in terms of aggressiveness)
    -Both look the same (dead same shine, even on different interiors, side by side)
    -Same color (yeah, minor, but still)
    -Both behaved the same over time (light dust attraction unless you wiped clean after the `dry` time; slippery feel on seats; rather durable)

...I figured there was only a need for one in the arsenal.

The only notable differences I could find were that the Leather Stuff was thicker and it had a leather scent. You`ve mentioned in your posts that almost every autmotive leather is coated nowadays, hence no reason to worry about `conditioners` for your seats...ie: a protectant is fine. Then, you go on to mention how Leather Stuff has conditioners in it. Welp, how can I tell if it has conditioners when both products perform the same? Furthermore, why do I need it if I have coated leather?

So, from what I can conclude from using both products and listening to your posts is that there is no need for Leather Stuff AND Natural Look in your arsenal.

If there is, please, I`m all ears...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Natural Look vs. Leather Stuff - I can`t tell a difference

That`s exactly as I see it, but LS should be in your arsenal if you do any uncoated leather, and you can still use the rest on coated leather if you want. There`s really no reason to have ANY leather conditioner, PB LS or other, if you`re only doing uncoated leather. But LS gives you the versatility to use it on the few uncoated interiors you might get AND you can use the rest, which with a less versatile conditioner might just go to waste, on uncoated leathers.

I would bet that LS is a derivative of NL, made thicker and with leather conditioners.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

there are some similarities and some differences...some you won`t be able to tell and some you will. I had this same conversation with the chemist as I really did not need to carry another product and for a lot of people only one will be needed.

Here`s his breakdown:

Leather Stuff:

1. specifically made for leather but can be used on other surfaces like vinyl , rubber, plastics, etc.
    2. thicker and must be applied by wiping or rubbing
    3. more of a matte finish ...(maybe just not on your trial pieces Sean)
    4. contains leather conditioners for those times when you are using it on uncoated leather or should you use it on couches, chairs, shoes, handbags etc..
    5. contain a better UVa and UVb absorber
    6. smell is for leather interiors and would be rather odd in a vehicle without leather
    7. Has some cleaning ability but recommends on label to use a stronger cleaner for some applications
    Natural Look
    1. specifically designed for vinyl but can be used on rubber , leather, plastcis, etc...
    2. Spray application
    3. slightly higher gloss (depending how used and buffed)
    4. biocides to prevent mold
    5. antibacterial additive
    6. UV protection but not as high a quality as in the Leather Stuff
    7. Cherry scent that is nice(IMO) in any type of interior
    8. Has some cleaning ability but will require an APC for tougher grime.

Basically we should have changed the color, but then again I like blue...if you look in the colored bottles of some mfg`s you`ll find all white products which is the natural color of many chemicals, does that mean that they are all the same product in different labeled bottles? I think not:no:
    Bottom line is that some people will want both and some won`t. They do have some similarities that will make it possible to do the work with just one of them...we are giving people choices...pick which one you like or both
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

I belive the ""anti-Bad stuff"" whas discused before and while not knowing what it is I know Steve moved it over to his new Air Spray witch works great..

Thread Information