Post Thanks / Like

Re: SSR2.5 ...proper amount to use

Stupid question. Will the SSR2.5 remove old layer of wax or should I use a paint cleaner before I use the 2.5?
    2005 Altima 2.5S :boxing:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420
    Stupid question. Will the SSR2.5 remove old layer of wax or should I use a paint cleaner before I use the 2.5?
    Yes, Any of the SSR`s are going to remove the old layer and prep your surface for a sealer or wax.

Post Thanks / Like

should I use the pro-polish or the PwC after using the SSR2.5? Or go straight to wax?

Post Thanks / Like

should I use the pro-polish or the PwC after using the SSR2.5? Or go straight to wax?
    If you have hazing or minor marring after your 2.5 step, then use a milder polish and a white polishing pad to clean up your finish.

SSR1, PwC, or ProPolish -any of these will work.

-SSR1 is will make your finish bright.

-ProPolish is more of a chemical cleaner, but it will also remove haze/marring.

-PwC can be used as your last step process, or as a base for EX or Natty`s wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Well which would be more recommended after using 2.5? SSR1 OR Pro-Polish?
    Is Marring from the 2.5 somthing i should really be worring about happening or is it just a result of using the 2.5? i`m placing an order today for some PB product so I wanna make sure I get the right stuff. I`m affraid if i go with just the SSR2 It might not be strong enough to remove everything.

Post Thanks / Like

Well which would be more recommended after using 2.5? SSR1 OR Pro-Polish?
    Is Marring from the 2.5 somthing i should really be worring about happening or is it just a result of using the 2.5? i`m placing an order today for some PB product so I wanna make sure I get the right stuff. I`m affraid if i go with just the SSR2 It might not be strong enough to remove everything.
    I can`t speak to the differences between SSR1 and ProPolish, I only have SSR1 and it leaves a very nice finish for an LSP. The thing with SSR2.5 is if you get hazing using say, a cutting pad, and you find SSR1 or ProPolish won`t take it out entirely, SSR2.5 on a polishing pad will - so don`t sweat it.

Post Thanks / Like

O.k thanks. I think i`ll go with the SSR1. I plan on using both product on meg`s W8006 polishing pads with a PC. Sorry if I took this thread off its main topic. I getting the SSR2.5 to try and removed alot of cobwebb scratches and etched marks off my finish it will be my first try at using a PC and some abrasive polish. I hope all goes well. i`m gettin 16oz bottle will that be enough to last for a little while?
    How much more abrasive is the 2.5 compared to the 2?

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: SSR2.5 ...proper amount to use

Are you committed on the Meg`s polishing pads?
    I`ve used them with satisfactory results, but I don`t have swirls on black paint to remove. Some other vendors have a greater variety (more levels of pads), so you could get something a little more agressive than a polishing pad, which might help with your swirl removal. JMO
    Don`t it always seem to go, you don`t know what you`ve got til it`s gone?
    WAC
    06/04/40 ~ 07/16/07

Post Thanks / Like

O.k thanks. I think i`ll go with the SSR1. I plan on using both product on meg`s W8006 polishing pads with a PC. Sorry if I took this thread off its main topic. I getting the SSR2.5 to try and removed alot of cobwebb scratches and etched marks off my finish it will be my first try at using a PC and some abrasive polish. I hope all goes well. i`m gettin 16oz bottle will that be enough to last for a little while?
    How much more abrasive is the 2.5 compared to the 2?
    I found 2.5 to be much better at removing swirls/scratches than 2 - I think going at it with a polishing pad first is a good idea, don`t want to overdo it if a polishing pad will do the job. If not, grab a cutting pad and give that a shot. The 16oz bottle will last quite some time. I`ve done 5 cars with 2.5 now and I still have just under half a bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question about SSR2.5 ...proper use

SSR2.5 diff will remove your LSP plus any sealant thats had prevously applied.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question about SSR2.5 ...proper use

I know this is an older thread but I thought it would be okay if I revived it with a new question..

What kind of swirl removing can be accomplished with SSR 2.5 on a polishing pad? (I have an orange cut pad, and a yellow as well..but was wondering what I can accomplish with a white polishing pad)

Also, my first post here.

Thread Information