Post Thanks / Like

spray n gloss v spray n wipe

Just finished my vito van,no need to wash today only a couple of days use to clean up .
    I first went round it with sw followed by sg I think that following it with the sg is worth the little extra time the finish is very shiny and smooth.
    Im using the qd plus too with great results as a finisher to exterior wash jobs and dark colours looks fantastic.
    Becoming a pb fan I feel that there last step produc Great for getting that extra bit of zip in the finish .
    Just my two bobs worth wanted to share with you.

Jay :w00t:

Post Thanks / Like

Re: spray n gloss v spray n wipe

I personally prefer to only invest in the SPray & gloss Because it really works the same but with extra GLOSS! which give the car a wetter look. Infact I have tried Other detail spray and all work the same for removeing light dirt/dust it all depends on your MF and your technique. Infact i take 15-20 mins to apply SW and 15 mins to apply S&G at that rate i`m better off just washing the car. I personaly feel you should either use one and save your liquid for other days. it gets expensive using both at a time.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually really like both for their respective uses. I have a black car, and the only non-water wash product I trust are QEW and Spray & Wipe. S&G is a good QD, but a waterless wash it is not.

Post Thanks / Like

I love my S&W sometimes it`s just to hot to lug out everything. I have yet to try my S&G and I`m really looking forward to it.
    "Life is not measured by the breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breathes away" :punk:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Picus
    I actually really like both for their respective uses. I have a black car, and the only non-water wash product I trust are QEW and Spray & Wipe. S&G is a good QD, but a waterless wash it is not.
    I second that. S&G is great for gloss enhamcement, but S&W is much better at cleaning (waterless washing). :beer_smil

Quote Originally Posted by Miami_Sunset
    I personally prefer to only invest in the SPray & gloss Because it really works the same but with extra GLOSS! which give the car a wetter look. Infact I have tried Other detail spray and all work the same for removeing light dirt/dust it all depends on your MF and your technique.
    For me there are very noticeable differences on a "dirty" car even if you use the same MF & technique. :yes:

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been using Spray and Wipe to clean my truck then I go over it with Spray and Gloss. Doesn`t take much time but it sure looks great when I`m done.

Post Thanks / Like

I just used both products yesterday, and just love the way it came out. I live in Los Angeles, and we don`t get much rain in the summer. I keep my car in a private garage at night, and in a big parking structure during the day. The result is that it stays fairly clean but starts to get covered with a thin layer of dust (which, incidently, all of us out here are also breathing!) that dulls the shine.

I tend to wash it every weekend to restore the shine, but didn`t feel like getting out the hose yesterday. So, first I went over the car with S & W, which got the car squeaky clean (basically, as clean as I would have gotten it after I wash). Next, I used S & G to restore the slickness and shine. I took the car out later that night, and it had that just waxed glow about it.

My only complaint about S & W is that I tend to use a lot of it to get the car clean. I bought a 32 oz bottle. The next time there is a free shipping deal at some vendor, I`m going to buy myself a gallon of S & G, and a gallon of S & W.

Great products.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the S&W, but I find my car gets dustier quicker after using S&G. My car is always parked outside so I notice these things. I have the best luck with applying NXT Speed Detailer after using S&W.
    2005 Altima 2.5S :boxing:

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Uncle
    My only complaint about S & W is that I tend to use a lot of it to get the car clean. I bought a 32 oz bottle. The next time there is a free shipping deal at some vendor, I`m going to buy myself a gallon of S & G, and a gallon of S & W.

Great products.
    As you get more comfortable with S&W, you will find you will use less product. Get a good sprayer tha sprays a mist on the panels so you don`t have a lot of it running off. I would guess that 4 to 5 oz. does my vehicles when they are only moderately dirty. If the vehicle is really dirty, I either bucket wash or go to the DIY spray wash and knock the chunks off. The DIY spray wash followed by S&W keeps my vehicles reasonably clean all winter.
    And definitely buy the gallon size.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420
    I love the S&W, but I find my car gets dustier quicker after using S&G. My car is always parked outside so I notice these things. I have the best luck with applying NXT Speed Detailer after using S&W.

I`m not a fan of NXT. Doesn`t have nearly the shine or slickness of S&G.

Post Thanks / Like

differant qd`s give different results depending on the color and/or if its metallic. i loved mothers showtime on my metallic green cooper, but on my black 330i it doesnt do anything for me.
    • JoYRiiDE
    //2007 BMW 335i e90 Sedan // Montego Blue // Black.Aluminum//

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Uncle
    I agree. I am hoping for free shipping for Halloween or something. May get 2 gallons.
    Band of the Moment: Strike Anywhere

Post Thanks / Like

Does any one have a bee problem with their S&G?? Every time a use it, it seems to attract a swarm of bees. Yesterday after washing my car, immediately after applying Spray&gloss to the car, bees started coming, one by one. :down:

Post Thanks / Like

maybe they like the smell??

Post Thanks / Like

I used the QD plus on a customers M3 red he loved it If I had told him I had polished it he would have believed me.
    I think customers would pay a little more to have that on there freshly washed car,he was verry happy so much that he commentd the following week.

Thread Information