Thread: APC Ratios

Post Thanks / Like

APC Ratios

I know when this product was just brought out about 6 months ago there were some general ratios people were using for this. I just wanted to get a fill for what people are using today as ratios for like cleaning the engine, rims, carpet, interor panels, so on and so forth.

Does everyone have a special measuring cup or tool? I have tried to use the one on the spray bottles but its hard to tell because you need to ass the chemical first and then its all sudz after that.
    2008 Black Sap. Bmw 535i Speed
    2008 Jet Black Bmw X3 3.0 si
    email bimmerclubnc@gmail.com

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: APC Ratios

Best Usage Ratios that I`ve foundwater:APC)

Gerneral 15:1 this includes vinyl, tires, convertible tops, household usage...

Carpet and Upholstery 30:1

Engines and Wheels 1:1 or full strength

Glass 100:1
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy
    Best Usage Ratios that I`ve foundwater:APC)

Gerneral 15:1 this includes vinyl, tires, convertible tops, household usage...

Carpet and Upholstery 30:1

Engines and Wheels 1:1 or full strength

Glass 100:1
    The measurements I use are approximate because I trust this stuff enough now that I don`t have to worry about it.

On interiors - (carpets, door panels, seats (leather, vinyl, and cloth) 4 : 1. Don`t spray it on instrument panel glass (plastic). It`s potassium hydroxide!!!

Wheels & Tires - I like to use it a little more concentrated at 3:1, and it`s the best emulsafier I`ve ever seen on a tire.
    Careful on highly polished aluminum (especially on a hot day). Use it at about 10 or 15:1 and get the surface wet before you spray it on.

Engines - 1 or 2:1, let it dwell for a few and pressure wash it off

I used it on a 57 Ford convertible top the other day (that was a mess) at 2:1, brushed it in, and let it sit for about 5 minutes. It came out real nice.

Steve`s chemist has been scenting APC with cherry for me lately so I`m using it as a window cleaner at around 75:1.

The only special tool I use to mix it is a small plastic siphon to transfer it from 5 gallon containers into 1 quart sprayers or 2 gallon pump ups. I measure it by site only, and then fill the bottle up slowly to the top. If you go slow there won`t be too much suds.

Like I said in another post, I`ve replaced several products that I`ve used for years with APC. :-p

Post Thanks / Like

ok so 3:1 on interior carpet panels and 4:1 for tires and rims. Man I mix it up 10:1 for my rims. I wonder if there will be a big difference. I a good mixture for the interior the most. I want to use it as a spot/carpet cleaner.

I need a new job
    Post Thanks / Like

I`m also looking for an apc to use mainly on carpets after my spot and pretreat.
    Steve you say 30:1
    Eddie says 4:1

That`s a big difference. Eddie are you talking about using it 4:1 with or without a pretreatment?

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He doesn`t like to scrub
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 00GREENMACHINE
    ok so 3:1 on interior carpet panels and 4:1 for tires and rims. Man I mix it up 10:1 for my rims. I wonder if there will be a big difference. I a good mixture for the interior the most. I want to use it as a spot/carpet cleaner.
    Without going back to read my post, I think I said 4:1 on Interiors and 3:1 on wheels and tires???????

Either way, if you`re using it 10:1 on your rims AND IT`S WORKING FOR YOU, then GOOD FOR YOU, and I wouldn`t change to another ratio just because some nitwit like me suggests it. There are many variances to be considered when using chemicals, and what works for one person might not work for another. I know it can get expensive at times, but you have to play with any new chemical until you find what works for YOU.

As for the "he doesn`t like to scrub" part. Nope, I don`t!! But I have to just like everyone else. Sometimes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by max080
    I`m also looking for an apc to use mainly on carpets after my spot and pretreat.
    Steve you say 30:1
    Eddie says 4:1

That`s a big difference. Eddie are you talking about using it 4:1 with or without a pretreatment?
    Max I use it mostly to spot carpets, and then mist it on the whole thing, scrub it (but not to much lol), and vacuum. Yeah it`s all done 4:1 in a 32 oz spray bottle or a 2 gallon pump up. Nobody`s complaining yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Max I use it mostly to spot carpets, and then mist it on the whole thing, scrub it (but not to much lol), and vacuum. Yeah it`s all done 4:1 in a 32 oz spray bottle or a 2 gallon pump up. Nobody`s complaining yet.

thanks eddie. I just wanted to make sure the ratio would hurt the carpet or take out the color. I just mixed up a 3:1 for carpet and a 4:1 for my tires and rims.

Do you have to scrub the rims with the 4:1 ratio? Or just simply rinse it off?

I need a new job
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Eddie, I`m new to this so I`m always looking to add to my detailing encyclopedia

Thread Information