Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Schedule of Events

Poorboy’s World Detailing Weekend Schedule of Events
    June 25-26, 2005

- Detailing Days will take place at Rockland County Chevrolet Buick, 51 S Route 9W, West Haverstraw, NY 10993. The phone number is 845.947.2100. Activities will begin at 10:00am each day and end in the late afternoon.

- A simple meal (most likely hotdogs and chips) will be provided on site each day, free of charge.

- An optional dinner event will take place Saturday evening at the New Country Buffet, 175 Route 59, Spring Valley, NY 10977. The phone number is 845.371.8868. Written directions will be available at the event’s registration table.

- An optional after dinner gathering will take place Saturday night at the Candlewood Suites, 20 Overlook Blvd, Nanuet, NY 10954. The phone number is 845.371.4445. Written directions will be available at the event’s registration table.

Post Thanks / Like

Directions to the site of Detailing Weekend

Poorboy’s World Detailing Day Driving Directions

51 S Route 9W
    West Haverstraw, NY 10993

The following driving directions should pertain to most attendees.

1. Use Mapquest to plot your route to the Palisades Interstate Parkway in Rockland County, New York. [Note to "leadfoots" - There are often speed traps on the Palisades Parkway. Beware of patrol cars hiding between clumps of trees.]

2. Once on the Palisades Parkway, take Exit 14 - Letchworth Village. [Note: If approaching from the South, Mapquest will probably tell you to take Exit 13 - Pomona. But, that route is much more complicated than taking Exit 14.]

3. At the end of the Exit 14 ramp, head East on Rockland County Route 98 (a bright blue colored sign). If you were driving Northbound on the Palisades, you will turn Right off the ramp. If you were driving Southbound on the Palisades, you will turn Left off the ramp. This road is also known as Willow Grove Road.

4. Drive approximately 2.5 miles. Along the way, you will pass: a Sunoco station on the left, the intersection with Route 47, the Marion Shrine on the right, and the intersection with Route 33. As you pass Route 47, the name of the road changes from Willow Grove Road to Filors Lane. [Caution: The intersection with Route 47 is a 3-way , but only two directions have a Stop sign.]

5. Route 98 ends at the intersection with Route 9W/202. Turn right at the traffic light and head South on 9W.

6. Drive 0.9 miles. Along the way, you will pass: Helen Hayes Hospital on the right, Gordon Ford on both sides of the road, Dunkin Donuts on the left, and Samsondale Plaza (Shoprite) on the right.

7. After passing Samsondale Plaza, you should be able to see the white and blue sign for "Chevrolet Buick" ahead on the right side of the road.

8. If you get to McDonald`s, you`ve gone too far.

9. If you get totally lost, call the dealership (845-947-2100). We’ll get somebody to try to talk you in.

Post Thanks / Like

Detailing Weekend Rules of Conduct

Poorboy’s World Detailing Day Rules of Conduct

Poorboy`s will provide:
    - The full line of Poorboy`s World branded products, except microfiber towels and apparel.
    - Water source, hose, buckets, and mitts for washing vehicles. Sorry, no brushes will be available.
    - Bob at Danase.com has generously donated some new Lake Country PC pads for those of us with limited supplies. Dwayne at Premiumautocare.com donated pads last year which we will also be reusing this time. (Thanks Bob and Dwayne!)
    - A few pop-up tents will be available. If you would like to bring your own tent, there will be room available for you to set it up.
    - In the case of inclement weather, an indoor portion of the dealership’s service area will be available for our use.
    - Ice cold bottled drinking water will be available all day.
    - A simple lunch (something along the lines of hotdogs and chips) will be provided on site free of charge. You may also choose to bring your own lunch and beverages (keep it in an insulated cooler) or walk/drive to a nearby restaurant. McDonald’s is directly across the street. KFC/Pizza Hut Express , Dunkin’ Donuts, Subway, a pizzeria, and a Chinese buffet are all within 1-2 blocks of the dealership.

Your responsibilities:
    - Upon arrival, drive to the left side of the building and park where indicated. The dealership will be open for business as usual that weekend, so it is important for us to park in the designated area.
    - Sign in at the registration table and receive a name tag.
    - If possible, arrive with a freshly or recently washed vehicle. While washing implements will be available on site, time would be better spent on other aspects of detailing.
    - Provide your own PC and/or rotary buffer along with all necessary accessories such as electrical extension cords (at least 100 foot lengths would be best), pads, bonnets, wrenches, and connectors.
    - Provide your own applicator pads, microfiber towels, and other miscellaneous detailing tools (tire swipes, toothbrushes, foam paint brushes, mitts, etc.).
    - PLEASE LEAVE ALL OTHER PRODUCTS AT HOME. While many of us delight in comparing detailing products from various manufacturers, let`s keep in mind that this outing is being sponsored by Poorboy`s World. This is an opportunity for all of us to try Poorboy`s products for free and get Steve`s personal hands-on help with our detailing questions. So, it would be considered good manners to stay on topic by focusing our attention on Poorboy`s World products for the duration of this event.
    - Bring your own lawn chairs, sunscreen, and sunglasses. You may want to bring a change of clothing. As mentioned above, you may choose to pack a lunch/beverages instead of dining onsite or at a nearby restaurant.
    - At the end of the day, please clean up after yourselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Attendee List

The current attendee list is as follows -

1. 69 GTO Judge (Saturday only)
    2. 97FLAIRSIDE
    3. awd330 (both days)
    4. becks
    5. Beercan31 (both days)
    6. bossplaya
    7. Caraman (Saturday only)
    8. Craigster
    9. Dalton
    10. Deanski (Sunday only)
    11. Focusedonsound
    12. GSRstilez + Liz
    13. jaybs95
    14. JaCkaL829 (both days)
    15. klnyc
    16. mgm2003
    17. holland_patrick + nephew
    18. Raven (both days)
    19. roadchief + daughter
    20. Roadkeeper (Saturday only)
    21. roadman
    22. RuffRyder
    23. Typhoon (both days)

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poorboy`s World Detailing Weekend

:yeah all that :hippi
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Attendee List

Quote Originally Posted by awd330
    The current attendee list is as follows -

2. 97FLAIRSIDE
    3. awd330 (both days)
    4. becks
    5. Beercan31 (both days)
    6. bossplaya
    8. Craigster
    9. Dalton
    11. Focusedonsound
    12. GSRstilez + Liz
    13. jaybs95
    15. klnyc
    16. mgm2003
    18. Raven (both days)
    19. roadchief + daughter
    21. roadman
    22. RuffRyder
    23. Typhoon (both days)
    Just as a note so you can keep tally up to date Ill probbly be dropping in both days as its only a 25 min drive for me. It will be nice to meet everyone...I also might bring a friend w/ me one of those days.
    There is only one boss.THE CUSTOMER! And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down,simply by spending his money somewhere else!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Schedule of Events

Quote Originally Posted by awd330
    Poorboy’s World Detailing Weekend Schedule of Events
    June 25-26, 2005

- Detailing Days will take place at Rockland County Chevrolet Buick, 51 S Route 9W, West Haverstraw, NY 10993. The phone number is 845.947.2100. Activities will begin at 10:00am each day and end in the late afternoon.

- A simple meal (most likely hotdogs and chips) will be provided on site each day, free of charge.

- An optional dinner event will take place Saturday evening at the New Country Buffet, 175 Route 59, Spring Valley, NY 10977. The phone number is 845.371.8868. Written directions will be available at the event’s registration table.

- An optional after dinner gathering will take place Saturday night at the Candlewood Suites, 20 Overlook Blvd, Nanuet, NY 10954. The phone number is 845.371.4445. Written directions will be available at the event’s registration table.
    I wanna go to the best Deli in NYC. :shift :hot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Eddie
    I wanna go to the best Deli in NYC. :shift :hot
    you come and I`ll take you out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy
    you come and I`ll take you out
    Man I`d love to come, but just can`t break right now. Besides, I`d keep you out to late and Judy would kill us both :hot

One of these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Reminder to book your hotel soon

For those of you who are planning to stay overnight at a local hotel, this is just your friendly reminder to book your room soon (if you have not already done so).

If you want to stay at the recommended hotel (The Candlewood Suites), remember that you must PHONE in your reservation to receive the $89 group rate. Call 845.371.4445 and speak to the Front Desk. Ask to be booked with the "Poorboy`s World Car Club" which has a block of rooms reserved on their computer system. [Note: The internet rate has been fluctuating over the last few days, so there is no guarantee that you will be able to secure this price if booking online.]

See Post #75 in this thread for more detailed hotel booking information.

The latest attendee list is as follows -
    2. 97FLAIRSIDE
    3. awd330 (both days)
    4. becks
    5. Beercan31 (both days)
    6. bossplaya
    8. Craigster
    9. Dalton
    11. Focusedonsound (both days)
    12. GSRstilez + Liz
    13. jaybs95
    15. klnyc
    16. mgm2003 (both days)
    18. Raven (both days)
    19. roadchief + daughter
    21. roadman
    22. RuffRyder
    23. Typhoon (both days)

Post Thanks / Like

You can take my name off the list, I won`t be able to make it anymore Man, if I only lived closer, I could make it out for Sat as I`m now busy on Sun :boohoo

Post Thanks / Like

Since I won’t be there to offer my unique brand of comic relief, I am substituting something else you folks might like…FREE STUFF!!!

I have sent down to Steve some nice things to give away as he sees fit during the two day event. Sure, it did feel funny packing a box of Poorboy’s products and sending them to Steve, but I did it anyways. Here is what is included:

1 jar of Natty’s Paste Wax
    1 jar of Wheel Sealant
    1 bottle of the new blue Polish with Carnauba
    1 bottle of the hard to find QD+

and the grand prize….an SMP Super Travel Kit!

I managed to get my hands on some new carrying cases that are just a bit bigger than before. It latches securely and has a handle for making it easy to carry.. I keep one in the MG just for cruise nights. I filled the case with the following items:

1 pint Spray and Wipe
    1 pint Spray and Gloss
    1 Waffle Weave Drying Towel
    2 SMP Supreme Detailing Towels
    3 Pro Detailing Towels
    1 Glass Cleaning Towel

That’s over $60 worth of goodies for a Grand Prize. Add in the other items and it’s $120 worth of free stuff. It would’ve been cheaper for me to drive.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like

Scott .. you will be missed! But free stuff is always a good substitute!

Just to keep everyone advised!

Saturday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Partly cloudy, with a high near 92. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 65. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Sunday: Partly cloudy, with a high around 81.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low near 62.

They were the same predictions as last year if I remember correctly! I think im going to be packing a cooler this time around!
    There is only one boss.THE CUSTOMER! And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down,simply by spending his money somewhere else!

Post Thanks / Like

OMG :eek is all I can say...

we received a huge box of supplies from Bob & Brad @ Danase ....it was full of pads, applicators and wash mitts for us to use at the Detailing Weekend...we will of course clean them afterwards and use them for other Detailing Days where ever they may be.....

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone,

I just got some bad news. I dont think I`ll be back in time for the weekend (I`m on a business trip ).....

Hopefully, I`ll get up there on Sun...but Sat at this point is impossible.

I`ll miss finally meeting you all, I was really looking forward to it. Please take some pics and post them.

In case I am truly out of luck, I hope you all have great weather, a fantastic time, and if Blue EX makes it`s debut, please send me one immediately!!

I will be there in spirit either way....

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information