Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poorboy`s World Detailing Weekend

Some comments before I go off to bed (need to get a little rest before Poorboys Detailing day take 2)

Yes that was sean Using a cyclo! No I don`t think he will ever be putting down the Rotary! I think it was more on the lines of "Trying something New"

I beleive it was roadchief who broght his handy Infered thermometer what a handy little device this is! We took a few mins going around to varius different cars at the event! We measured the tempreture of 1 car at Just over 170* These are temps that really put Poorboys to the test "Sun & Shade" Just goes to show how good the poorboys line truely is!

I will be sure to make some posts tommorow afternoon when I get home! This time I won`t forget my camera! Untill then You will have to wait to hear about some of the NEW products that are in testing! Yes I did say NEW poorboys products!

Have a good night everyone!
    There is only one boss.THE CUSTOMER! And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down,simply by spending his money somewhere else!

Post Thanks / Like

Is it morning already? I`ve got to remember to use some heavier duty sunscreen today! :bigscream

I`m just getting ready to pack up all the food into my car. Then, it`s back to the dealership for another exciting detailing day.

Post Thanks / Like

The thermometer is RadioShack item 22-325 I got it on sale half price a while ago.
    Another nifty item is RadioShack item 63-1133 lighted microscope.you can see all the detail of a paint chip or scratch and how many layers it has gone through.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some Day #1 pictures -

Post Thanks / Like

more pics -

Post Thanks / Like

Is Steve holding a rotary in his hands? Seems like a Vector with E2k DA (?) system. That adapter is huge compared to my DA Adapter. Good fun! Sean has a LOAD of apps/mfs in his trunk.

It Never Rains in CA?? e-klasse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW! We need some left coast PB fun!! Your event looks awesome Steve. I`m several thousand miles away and I still want to thank you for doing this! Please keep posting pics everyone... its fun trying to place names to the faces, and great to see the results of all your work!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well day 2 officialy came to an end about an hr ago and I must say It was a great group of people! We had the opertunity to learn the wonderful art of using the rotary with an amazing teacher (Gsrstilez Sean)! Trust me when I tell you.... He makes using that thing look easy! Wait untill you see the pictures of the test panel we were using absolutly amazing!

Steve & Marj Thanks again I can`t say enough for how great it is that you put this together! Its an awesome opertunity not only to try a lot of great products and also learn how to use them correctly! I truely have a new appreciation for Pro Polish after seeing it remove 3000 grit wet sanding marks I think my SSR products are going to move to the back of my shelf!

There is so much more to say about the whole event! But Im tired I am sweaty and I despretly need a shower so! I will leave you with these thoughts

The new Leather Conditioner which I beleive is still in testing ... Is great stuff granted I only have it on my seats 24 hrs but seats smell great and have a nice shine to them!

There are a few OTHER products out on the testing block but well I don`t want to tell you guys all the suprises!
    There is only one boss.THE CUSTOMER! And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down,simply by spending his money somewhere else!

Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear!

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some Day #2 pics -

Post Thanks / Like

That`s a nice `Bird in that one shot

Hmm.Spray Nine`s gotta cut through polish residue extra quick.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you guys had a good time, I really wish I could have made it :boohoo

BTW, what products were you guys using with the rotary?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man it was a great weekend...I needed to reset my self after a stressful last couple of weeks. Anyways thank you to Steve and Marge There was a ton of work to pull this off and it was flawless. The Free Gifts were smashing I love my leather smell and the poorboy sticker rocks(I`m a sucker for stickers so I like it the best). The dinner and the hotel was great and the group hug was very warm and sweaty...OH maybe i should leave that part out... Beercan told me it was something he learned from his Meg brothers and he wanted to share with us.. Anyways I`m looking forward to the next weekend and I will bring the Baja and not a BLACK CAR..

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts from the Dark Side:

I like to Thank
    Poor Boys for having the incite to put on a day like this to show everybody what your products can and can not do.
    Yes "I am amazed"
    and walk away with empty pockets.

Steve, Marge and Frank for explaining your product in plain and simple terms. No BS, no smoke and Hidden Mirror tricks. just plain and simple, to the point.

Sean And Liz (Gsrstilez And yl)
    Who took time out of his day to show the in`s and out`s of using the Rotary for many people

Patrick (Holland_patrickwith his chick with out wings)

You are a funny man a blast to hang with, never a dull moment...and some cranking head banging hair band music.....Yeah I saw Steve tell you to turn it Down...lol but you did chill the belly bump`n thump` music from next door....Tnx

for the rest of those that I did not mention, I`m Way to tired to write this out....the damn kids keep this old man up to late:drunk (inside Joke)

I had lots of fun, Hopefully if I`m allowed back I`ll see you next time

I`m going to get in the shower and go to bad for a few days.

Thank You all verry much
    Rich
    Beercan

2004 Civic EX magnesium HondaMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What can I say? Just want to reiterate what everybody else said.

I did the interior of my car this weekend, took a break from the exterior (too hot and wanted to go around and chit-chat and observe). Dash and console look GREAT -- Poorboys has some good stuff. And with the heat coming on the last few days, some UV and heat protection at this time isn`t a bad choice. Also did my wheels and the `Bold `N Bright` dressing looks real good -- interested to see how long the tires hold the "blackness."

Like everybody else, loved being able to test-sample the Poorboys line. And thanks to Specialty Motoring for the door prize which I won -- what a great present, thanks guys ! Of course, I won the package which included some MF towels right AFTER I purchased some from the table :lol -- eh, what the hell, Steve and Marge did enough work this weekend, they deserve my $$$ (and yours, too!).

Thanks again to everybody from Poorboys and it was great seeing all the DetailCity folks. At a minimum, let`s try and make this an annual event -- and hopefully, some of us in the area can keep meeting people they met this weekend.
    "Marge...weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel." - Homer Simpson

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information