Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! PB wheel sealant is awesome!!!!

I applied 3 coats of PB wheel sealant on my summer tires before I mounted them on my car and all I can say is WOW! I get excessive brake dust on my rims (esp rear ones) and I`ve applied almost every kind of wax and sealant on them in the past but nothing had managed to keep them clean (even when washing them at least once a week). I’ve been using all of the PB collection for a while now, so when I heard they now had a wheel sealant, I had to try it. I first applied a layer of AIO, then 3 coats of PB wheel sealant (as mentioned above) and didn`t wash my rims for two weeks, which was really hard since I wash my car at least once a week. Yesterday, I washed my car and couldn`t wait to see how the wheel sealant held up, it was amazing! all the brake dust just washed right off, I couldn`t believe it. I wish I had taken pictures (next time for sure) as my rear rims were black with brake dust, but now they look brand new again.

Thanks Steve for another fantastic product

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WOW! PB wheel sealant is awesome!!!!

Ditto!

If you prep & seal x 2 or x 3, it`s significantly easier to keep your wheels clean.

How did you wash your wheels?

I use S&R cut 50/50 and it works very well for me.

Both products really save a lot of time when it`s time to clean/maintain your wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

Now I want mine so bad when I get it I want to try it on some of the panels. Any suggestions Steve?

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of car do you drive? I ask this because usually the front brakes get a lot more dust because they are used a lot more. The only cars that are more rear biased, brake-dust wise, are lightweight mid-engined cars like Lotus Elises (my favorite) or rear-drive (not all-drive) Porsches.
    Rides
    `95 Ford Taurus- White, freshly detailed, holds lots, smokes coolant like a chimney.
    `89 Honda CRX Si- Primer black, fast.

Post Thanks / Like

I really love this product. It works very well.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tubafeak
    What kind of car do you drive? I ask this because usually the front brakes get a lot more dust because they are used a lot more. The only cars that are more rear biased, brake-dust wise, are lightweight mid-engined cars like Lotus Elises (my favorite) or rear-drive (not all-drive) Porsches.
    I wish I had a Lotus Elise or Porsche, but I`ve got a Mazda RX-8 and 3.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, I could see the RX-8 having a ton of brake-dust on the back wheels if you`ve been burning out a lot, not that anyone ever does that :naughty . By the way, how is the # for detailing, I`m probably going to be doing my friend`s red one and I was wondering if there were any oddities or anything I should know about beforehand.
    Rides
    `95 Ford Taurus- White, freshly detailed, holds lots, smokes coolant like a chimney.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tubafeak
    Nice, I could see the RX-8 having a ton of brake-dust on the back wheels if you`ve been burning out a lot, not that anyone ever does that :naughty . By the way, how is the # for detailing, I`m probably going to be doing my friend`s red one and I was wondering if there were any oddities or anything I should know about beforehand.
    I`m guessing you mean the 3? There`s no oddities or anything when detailing the 3, it`s a breeze

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by milky
    Now I want mine so bad when I get it I want to try it on some of the panels. Any suggestions Steve?
    A good polishing of the wheels before application will be enough prep, and I`ve also heard many reports of 3 coats not only enhancing the look, but also the durability. :hippi
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned up the wifes white 02 Grand Caravan this weekend. First of the season spring cleaning for this monster.
    Took all day, i`m kinda slow and out of shape.... man is that van big....
    It was looking pretty abused from winter.

Last fall I did 2 coats of AIO and 3 coats of SG.
    It still had some pop when it was washed.
    But it really needed clayed to remove those rust spots and polished again.

Did the wash with NXT, meguars clay treatment, washed again with NXT to remove anything left behind, then did the whole van with SSR1- terry appplicator, then sealed with a coat of EX-P.
    Plenty of MF`s were used in the process.
    Hope to get another coat of EX-P on it this weekend.
    The white really has a nice pop to it now especially against my deep tinted black windows. The surface is nice a slick.
    Looks almost new from a few feet away.
    Poorboys product is so easy to work with. Love the stuff so far.

Then I moved on to the Tires / Wheels.
    User EO Wheel and Tire cleaner. Didn`t even need to scrub the tires.
    Cleaned the brown stuff off the tires nicely.

Then I hit the wheels with SSR1 and 2 coats Wheel Sealant and all I can is WOW, Nice Look. Bling bling.... on the silver clear coats wheels.
    Most of my Dodges have always shed alot of brake dust.
    This van may be the worse of them all.
    Anyhow the rims are not in ideal shape with 60k on it, but those products did work very well. Again it made them look almost new.
    I was very impressed with the look of the Wheel Sealant on the rims when I finished. I was suprised to see this stuff looked almost like SSR1 when I opened the jar. The rims were very slick to the touch afterwards.
    We`ll see how good they do on that pesky sticky brake dust in a few days.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by becks
    I`m guessing you mean the 3? There`s no oddities or anything when detailing the 3, it`s a breeze
    Yeah, the 3, accidentally hit shift.
    Rides

Post Thanks / Like

just applied 2 coats this weekend and will do the third on wednesday night, awesome shine and just put my finger on the wheels tonight after about 150 miles and like no dirt or brake dust there,,,,, wow!!! and wheel looks deeper and shinier now!!

Post Thanks / Like

I must of done something wrong. I only applied 1 coat, it helped keep alot of brake dust off. Normally after a week the rims are aluminum looking, there gun metal. But some dust seems to be stick more. Maybe I didn`t polish it enough. I will definitely put a few more coats on this time with all rims off.

Post Thanks / Like

I too have had excellent results with this product. I will put a third coat on today. I do have a question for those with more experience with this product....Do you have any timeline for repeated applications to provide best results? Should there be 24 hours between coats like some LSP`s to improve bonding? Any input would be appreciated.

Boss_429

Quote Originally Posted by 97FLAIRSIDE
    I must of done something wrong. I only applied 1 coat, it helped keep alot of brake dust off. Normally after a week the rims are aluminum looking, there gun metal. But some dust seems to be stick more. Maybe I didn`t polish it enough. I will definitely put a few more coats on this time with all rims off.

The Wheel sealant won`t stop the "all" the brake dust from sticking. However, the brake dust that does stick is very easy to remove... that`s what I love about the this product. Most of the time, some car wash soap, water and a wash mitt will remove it easy.

mtwedt,

I would let it sit overnight if possible... or a least for a few hours. It is a product with polymers... give it a little time for them to set up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information