Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WOW! PB wheel sealant is awesome!!!!

i have just aplied this past weekend(2 coats) to two BMW`s, an 03 530i, and 04 z4, well see how it works, clayed the wheels prior, both with alot of problems of hard sticking brake dust. im sure people can vouch for the problems of brake dust and bmw`s. the worst i know. i`ll see in a few weeks when i wash how it has helped. maybe some people can chime in how it has worked them with bmw`s??

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by n1976jmk
    i have just aplied this past weekend(2 coats) to two BMW`s, an 03 530i, and 04 z4, well see how it works, clayed the wheels prior, both with alot of problems of hard sticking brake dust. im sure people can vouch for the problems of brake dust and bmw`s. the worst i know. i`ll see in a few weeks when i wash how it has helped. maybe some people can chime in how it has worked them with bmw`s??

please do keep us updated on the beemers
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Boss_429

I think Marj (awd330) had used the Wheel Sealant on a BMW with very good success. Hopefully, she will stop by and give her thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by n1976jmk
    i`ll see in a few weeks when i wash.....

What?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :bigscream :bigscream :bigscream :bigscream :bigscream A few wweks?!?!?!?!?

Haha!! I`m just puliin` your leg man!! :lol
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW is right. I did my a while back..
    http://www.detailcity.com/showthread.php?t=11025
    Spent hours polishing after suffering some clear coat failure. I was told the wheels would polish up nicer than the original machined look.

I polished them with adams 1&2 and three coats of PB`s wheel Sealant. Then it`s been raining, my to-do list grew and haven`t had a chance to even give the wheels a quick wash till last night.

Dirt came off like butter baby............... No spots just clean. I will touch them up with Adams 2 and take pics.

30 days of crap on the wheels and they just rinse off. :rolling Talk about happy days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boss_429

The Wheel sealant won`t stop the "all" the brake dust from sticking. However, the brake dust that does stick is very easy to remove... that`s what I love about the this product. Most of the time, some car wash soap, water and a wash mitt will remove it easy.

mtwedt,

I would let it sit overnight if possible... or a least for a few hours. It is a product with polymers... give it a little time for them to set up.
    Thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like

The Wheel sealant won`t stop the "all" the brake dust from sticking. However, the brake dust that does stick is very easy to remove... that`s what I love about the this product. Most of the time, some car wash soap, water and a wash mitt will remove it easy.

mtwedt,

I would let it sit overnight if possible... or a least for a few hours. It is a product with polymers... give it a little time for them to set up.

Most of the dust did come off when i washed it. But I may have applied to much and not gotten it buffed out good. Im going to attack them good this time with the rims off and buff nice and good this time.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Marj (awd330) had used the Wheel Sealant on a BMW with very good success. Hopefully, she will stop by and give her thoughts.
    German cars, in general, seem to have terrible brake dust. I`m always trying out new products in an attempt to minimize this problem. My current product of choice is the PB wheel sealant. I`ve had very good results on both my BMW and my Porsche. Brake dust accumulation was greatly reduced. Dust that was deposited was easily removed by a mild car wash solution or sometimes just plain water. I`ll never forget the first time I drove in the rain with this product. The splashing of the rain water actually "cleaned" the dirt off the wheels.

Here are a couple old threads I participated in which go into a little more detail about user experiences with this product -

PB`s wheel sealer - New Product Test

Poorboy`s World Product Updates (read starting from post # 110)

Post Thanks / Like

Marj , I`m sooo ready for Wheel Sealant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information