Post Thanks / Like

should this combo safely work for most moderate to heavy swirls?

I`m considering using the following combination for moderate to heavy swirls and i`m wondering if anyone out there thinks this will work in TWO steps (aside from the wax of course...maybe a cleaner wax though?).

I`m thinking meguiar`s ultimate compound with a hex-logic cutting pad from chemical bros.....followed by meguiar`s ultra finishing polish and a white pad from chemical bros. Oh, and i`ll be using a 7 inch ROTARY...not DA. What do you guys think? Will I be OK? I`m just starting out when it comes to swirls.

The other day I used a black meguiar`s finishing pad and ultimate compound on a hyndai genesis and it made ZERO noticeable difference in the swirls in the paint, so I`m wondering what that was about. Should it really make that much difference if I use a cutting pad instead of a finishing pad with the same compound? I mean I literally did half of the hood so I could compare and saw no difference whatsoever.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: should this combo safely work for most moderate to heavy swirls?

Yes the pad choice is just as important as the product choice. Many polishes out there are pad dependent, which means that they will work with any pad but will react differently. Ultimate Compound is becoming one of my go to products. So far I`ve been very happy with the results, but you need to do an IPA wipe down with it often. I`ve never used Ultimate Polish, but I`m sure it will do the job. UC has a long working time, so be patient with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: should this combo safely work for most moderate to heavy swirls?

your new combination sounds right, but i hope you are proficient with a rotary before you start. i recently used megs uc with an orange pad with my gg 6"da on a beat up Cadillac finish with great results. when i was about to finish with megs up on a white pad, the rain clouds began to gather, so i finished up with megs d-151 paint reconditioning cream and saved an extra step. the d-151 has excellent cutting/finishing ability and leaves a decent carnauba finish. megs uc on a black pad is for jeweling a finish only. a heavier cut pad is needed for swirls.

Thread Information